Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Her sexual past.....ur business?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 -GQ4U
Msg: 1
Her sexual past.....ur business? Page 1 of 22    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22)
Say your just starting out in a relationship...

Do you think you have the right to know your partners sexual history? Ie. a Brief description of every guy shes slept with? Same question for the females...gender reversed.
 giddymonkey
Msg: 2
Her sexual past.....ur business?
Posted: 7/2/2007 6:34:56 PM
Nope

What or who you did before shouldnt matter now

Personally I dont ask nor do I want to tell

Just me
 -GQ4U
Msg: 3
Posted: 7/2/2007 6:36:40 PM
Personally, right now I dont care...but when I get to the stage of life where marriage is a option, id like to know. I mean you remember back in highschool there was that girl who slept with everyone.......would you want to be married to her lol?
 giddymonkey
Msg: 4
Posted: 7/2/2007 6:39:35 PM
Dont do it

You might not like what you hear
 HUNTZEE
Msg: 5
Posted: 7/2/2007 6:52:26 PM
Yes it's your business if you are gonna be sleeping with her. I would not want to have sex with a chick who has been with over 10 men.
 xSKx
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 7/2/2007 6:58:55 PM
I wouldn't say details matter as much as raw numbers, like everyone seems to be saying as well.

"did the football team pull a train on you?" matters. "did you swallow" isn't any of your business.
 Sactowndude
Msg: 7
Posted: 7/2/2007 7:04:16 PM
Talking about past relationships is ok but sexual matters are a no-no,I would like to know if she has any STD's though.
 XxThisIsMeLxX
Msg: 8
Posted: 7/2/2007 7:08:42 PM
I don't think that you should have to go into detail on EVERY person that you've slept with..you could tell them about how many people or basically whatever you feel comfortable with ....worse case scenario...you ask the other person...and they say they dont wanna tell you.....?
 HUNTZEE
Msg: 9
Posted: 7/2/2007 7:11:24 PM
I wouldn't date a chick who was with over 10 guys. She's more likely to be unfaithful.
 QTpye16
Msg: 10
Posted: 7/2/2007 7:21:21 PM
Yes, you do have a right to know about your partner's sexual history to a certain degree. I might want to know how many partners he has had or whether he have or has had any sexual diseases...all that other stuff doesn't matter.
 vahbsc
Msg: 11
Posted: 7/2/2007 7:33:26 PM
nope i'd only ask if i was getting married. not that it would do any good for the future of the relationship
 KTDID78
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 7/2/2007 7:37:42 PM
You have a right to ask when they were last tested and if they are going to provide the condom or if you need to provide your own. That's it.
 HUNTZEE
Msg: 13
Posted: 7/2/2007 7:41:55 PM
i have the right to ask anything. It's a free country and if i want to know how many people a women who i am considering sexual activity with, has been with, then i am entitled to know. If she doesn't want to tell me then i Will take that as she has something to hide and is ashamed.
 Mr.Santiago
Msg: 14
Posted: 7/2/2007 7:44:08 PM
No you do not need a blow by blow (sorry for the pun) but asking if shes been tested is proper. Expect to supply the same info in return either way.
 KTDID78
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 7/2/2007 7:46:41 PM
huntzee, no woman will honestly tell you so why bother asking for the lie? Modesty is the best policy if you are a true lady.
 K-lo
Msg: 16
Posted: 7/2/2007 7:50:31 PM
Nope. Get tested together, and that should be the end of it. Nothing good ever comes from delving into past relationship details. It invites insecurity, comparisons (regardless of whether the accounts were retold in a good or bad way), and mudslinging at the most vulnerable moments.

I wouldn't date a chick who was with over 10 guys. She's more likely to be unfaithful.
That's quite the assumption. I couldn't date a guy who leaped from point A to conclusion C like that. The correct assumption would be that she had no discretion when sleeping around or she dated 10 different guys in 10 years and slept with each of them. But, if she was single throughout and just slept with a lot of different guys, without commitment to any of them . . she might be a whore, but, not a cheater.
 mmmnicky
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 7/2/2007 7:51:17 PM
a chick who has been with more than ten men are more like to be unfaithful? lol oohhhh k... someone with less experience and in time would wonder about other men more so then someone with more experience.. seen it happen time and time again. someone who got married young.. not much experience.. and cheat.. coz they had to know what it was like..

lol@u for making that comment.. hahahah.. its the person that cheats.. u either are the kind that would or not.. regardless of numbers.. sheesh
 xSKx
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 7/2/2007 7:59:25 PM
yeah, i'd have a bigger problem if she did 10 guys at once, than 10 guys over the course of 10 years.
 vahbsc
Msg: 19
Posted: 7/2/2007 8:06:39 PM

please tell me that doesn't only apply to men, though its untrue and a generalization
 Mr.Santiago
Msg: 20
Posted: 7/2/2007 8:10:03 PM

Spoken like a true 26 year old... Also a really dumb statement. She is not more likely to be unfaithful because of the number of partners. She is unlikely to be faithful because you drive her to it. What she is likely to be with frequent partners is EXPERIENCED and at 26 you likely might need a lesson or two.
 HUNTZEE
Msg: 21
Posted: 7/2/2007 8:13:26 PM
well.. considering i've been with over 60 women, she wouldn't think that it was a big deal if she was with say 25 men. But if she has, then i wouldn't want to be in a relationship with her. Thats just my preference and I'm entitled to it. And to all the people who are going to jump at me for saying that, just because I have made mistakes doesn't mean that I should say screw it I'll date a slut...
 incognito100
Msg: 22
Posted: 7/2/2007 8:13:57 PM

Yes it's your business if you are gonna be sleeping with her. I would not want to have sex with a chick who has been with over 10 men.

hmmm I'm curious have you been with more than 10 partners?
 halffast
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 7/2/2007 8:14:36 PM
Why do women ask a guy how many women he has been with?
Posted: 6/23/2007 901 AM

The “How Many” question is like Russian roulette. It’s either gonna blow up in your face or not. Don’t ask if you can’t handle the answer. I was seeing a girl and it can up I told her mine she told me hers and I almost fell down. Her number was like 3 times mine. I got pssd at first then she reminded me that I was a in couple in LTR’s most, of hers were one niters. If you add the numbers up you’ve actually had sex WAY more than me. It put a band aide on my ego but also made me think A LOT about the question and why the hell I would wanna know. I’m in a LTR now and it’s come up a few times, we both agree that it’s not that important and sometimes it’s better not to know. I used to drink, A LOT, and because of it have done things I’m not very proud of, I really don’t want my SO to know that side of me. It’s not who I am now. Luckily she understands.
 K-lo
Msg: 24
Posted: 7/2/2007 8:18:25 PM

well.. considering i've been with over 60 women, she wouldn't think that it was a big deal if she was with say 25 men. But if she has, then i wouldn't want to be in a relationship with her. Thats just my preference and I'm entitled to it. And to all the people who are going to jump at me for saying that, just because I have made mistakes doesn't mean that I should say screw it I'll date a slut...

Fellow POF'ers - - resist the temptation to even touch THAT. Attention whore in the house. You must resist and ignore. It will be the best, and most appropriate, response. I promise you.
 Terry4u9
Msg: 25
Posted: 7/2/2007 8:25:18 PM
Nope its in the past. Just ask if they are in good health. No question can protect you anyway. People lie sometimes or do not know they have something. Terry
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Her sexual past.....ur business?