Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Should I get a tatoo?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 grubeci
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Should I get a tatoo?Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
it seems to be a big decision and an endlessly fascinating topic at bars? or, at least a quick "yeah, here's mine. Where's yours?" Tell me all about it :) Hold old, when, and where (your first) what is it
 smiley199
Msg: 2
Should I get a tatoo?
Posted: 5/4/2005 10:39:34 PM
YOu are the only one that should decide to get a tatoo....don't go with the trend...I took me three years to decide what to get and where to get them....so good luck...but don't do it cause everyone has one....it needs to mean something to YOU
 ivyone1
Msg: 3
Should I get a tatoo?
Posted: 5/4/2005 10:41:40 PM
Smiley199... couldn't agree with you more.

A tattoo is a perminant thing... if you aren't sure... go get one of them "put on with water" kinds. lol... That way, if you don't like it, you can take it away with Baby oil.
 GMCAcadia
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Should I get a tatoo?
Posted: 5/4/2005 10:46:38 PM
Go to an Amusement park, they have those kind that Spray on and last about 2-3 weeks, gives you the chance to decide if this is something you want...
 salamander000
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Should I get a tatoo?
Posted: 5/4/2005 10:53:24 PM
Don't get one. No matter how good it looks today, tomorrow, 6 months, 6 years from now, in 20 you will grow tired of it....plus it will date you......trends are well, trendy...meaning they pass.

Tats are only cool, and 'in vogue' for their time for a max of 10 years or so, if you get a good one.
Topic for barroom talk? Do you want to be there for the next 10?
 GMCAcadia
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Should I get a tatoo?
Posted: 5/4/2005 11:03:12 PM
I've been going to the Same Bar for 14 years now... So I guess I'm not into the "What's In" thing... Never did care for what was popular... I do what I like... So if I like a Tat. I will get it and like it forever regardless of what others think...

That is what is wrong with todays society, people always care about what other people think... Isn't what is most important what you think and the ones you care most about you think??? What do you care what some stranger at the Supermarket thinks???
 pianopoet
Msg: 7
Should I get a tatoo?
Posted: 5/4/2005 11:08:43 PM
First and foremost, it's a personal decision that only you can make. Let me tell ya, though.. hurts a lot! LOL

My tat was my 30th birthday present to myself, a way of celebrating the start of a new life (I had recently left my abusive ex husband). But, I got something that was of a strong personal significance to me.

I'm a classically trained pianist and music is my LIFE! LOL...so my tat is a treble clef on my left ankle. I get lots of comments on it, how pretty it is. I really like it. And, seeing as it's on my ankle (and not all that huge), it won't change shape much as I change shape LMAO
 GMCAcadia
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Should I get a tatoo?
Posted: 5/4/2005 11:09:56 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Unless of course you get Really Really Big and end up with Kankles...
 çòúntrÿLÏn
Msg: 9
Should I get a tatoo?
Posted: 5/4/2005 11:21:55 PM
Karlyn........ yes the ankle tats hurt some....... I've got 5 and none of them hurt... it's the sound of the needle that drives me insane lol......... depends on where you get them... boney areas will tend to hurt more....
 grubeci
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Should I get a tatoo?
Posted: 5/4/2005 11:33:21 PM
First? why did many women reply but not men?

Honestly, Its against my religion. I want to tatoo good stuff ni my heart and brain first. I have been off the path. Thanks for your feedback. Its kind of a passionate topic..since its personal and related to the body "the temple" where you can live and worship. I am so far off. But, I would say its interesting that only the females replied? or, are there some men..whoops...I onlly saw females..what the hell is wrong with me..(sorry boys!) hahahah

For the right dame (should be fore me) I will get a temporary tatoo lol
(flaming eyeballs skull for a week of showeres hahah)
It would be hard to decide though...

I'm not afraid of it...just think I can make a statement some other way...like driving my car 101 miles an hour sideways...thats a tatoo

Thanks cuties. I would get a tatoos of some of the ladies here..across my whole back..then we'd break up hahahh
 entropy
Msg: 11
Should I get a tatoo?
Posted: 5/4/2005 11:35:10 PM
DO IT
 grubeci
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Should I get a tatoo?
Posted: 5/4/2005 11:37:30 PM
what though? like...shezam lightning bolt?

Actually, I'd like to own a tatoo shop..is all...but we only have photos of flowers only lol

carnation, rose, tulip...fiery tulip? carnation with some tribal...hahah
 salamander000
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Should I get a tatoo?
Posted: 5/4/2005 11:55:18 PM
hey mope (I assume your post was directed @ me)
I could give a fuc what anyone thinks, I have tats, peircings etc... you missed my point, Granted it is a very personal decision, grubeci ask for opinions, I gave mine, so what?
grubeci! Gotta love ya...~ sal
 longte
Msg: 14
Should I get a tatoo?
Posted: 5/5/2005 5:13:00 AM
I think I was 49 when I got my first and probably my only tatoo

Meant a lot then and still does

Its not obvious but not hidden either
 firestarter810
Msg: 15
Should I get a tatoo?
Posted: 5/5/2005 3:52:26 PM
I wanted a tattoo since I was very young. My Dad gave me two very good pieces of advice, even tho he was against the general idea. Wait til you finish growing, so it won't stretch, and live life a little til you find something important enough to be emblazoned on your body for all time. I have the name of my martial arts club surrounded by tiger stripes/tribal from on my back. I have Captain America's shield on my forearm, because I was born in Detroit, and read more than my share of comic books, and I believe in Cap's ideals. and I have a cartoon of me, holding the faulty lamp, and my little house on fire with giant flames up the back of my arm.
 pianopoet
Msg: 16
Should I get a tatoo?
Posted: 5/5/2005 4:06:11 PM
Wise advice your dad gave you! That's what I'll tell my sons when they start asking for a tat... I mean, can't really say NO, when mom's got one, right?!?! Mine, being a musical symbol will always be of significance to me.

My little brother swam in Atlanta in '96, and, as it custom for Canadian swimmers that go to the olympics/paralympics, he got a maple leaf and the olympic rings just above his heart.
 eccentric
Msg: 17
Should I get a tatoo?
Posted: 5/5/2005 4:09:25 PM
I was fourteen, in juvenile lock up. I tattooed three dots on my wrist with a dull thumbtack.
 kfactor
Msg: 18
Should I get a tatoo?
Posted: 5/5/2005 4:47:37 PM
i say get it done, i hasve 7 tatoos and wouldn't mind another. my biggest is a cobra armband that took 14 hrs.THAT REALLY HURT!!!!!!! the one on the back of my neck hurt a little, but not that much

have fun, stay young, and get tatooed
 hungryman1
Msg: 19
Should I get a tatoo?
Posted: 5/11/2005 7:56:58 PM
dont bother, photo albums are a better idea,
think about what you were really into 5 years ago, and then 10 years ago, etc...
I have 2, and I'm not ashamed of them or hate them, but... I can honestly say I coulda done without them

one is this guy -- but he doesnt move like that anymore!
 arachnoidalseainme
Msg: 20
Should I get a tatoo?
Posted: 5/11/2005 9:16:47 PM
I am 38, just got my first tatoo... It is an Amy Brown print, " last leaf". I got it on my lower leg..took nearly 5 hours...extremely detailed. I love it... I thought I'd die though after the first 2 hours... Luckily, twas done in two sessions. The colouring hurt more than the outline...
 ginger041
Msg: 21
Should I get a tatoo?
Posted: 5/12/2005 5:26:17 AM
I have six...they are addicting...I'm ready for another!
1. Rose on my ankle
2. Sun on my lower back
3. Moon on my shoudler (an orginal design)
4. Butterfly on the back of my neck
5. Puppy paws on the top off my foot
6. A tribal band on my toe
 random4
Msg: 22
Should I get a tatoo?
Posted: 5/12/2005 5:47:19 AM
No, you shouldn't get a tattoo.
 Diggy03
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Should I get a tatoo?
Posted: 5/12/2005 6:02:51 AM
I don't think you can go based on what others say about getting one or not. The decision is entirely up to you. And yes "normal" none drunken people have tattoos.

Yes I have a tattoo. It's in a spot where it is not seen all the time and I actually forget about it most of the time.

I'm not sure what the issue is with you needing reassurance about getting a tat.... just be sure that what you get is what you want. Think of it as an expression of who you are.

Best of luck to you!!!!!
 tomboy2001
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Should I get a tatoo?
Posted: 5/12/2005 9:33:48 AM
I agree with ginger. they do get addictive. i only have three right now, but i want more. piercings are addictive as well. i only have my ears, and tongue pierced. i used to have my navel pierced but i took it out when i got pregnant.
 Jack Mack
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Should I get a tatoo?
Posted: 5/12/2005 10:38:08 AM
I always just think, "is it something I can live with for the rest of my life?"
secondly, "Is it something my wife/family can live with for the rest of my life?"

Of course it helps to be honest with yourself when asking it. Otherwise, you're wasting your time.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Should I get a tatoo?