Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > do women want to be chased?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 huntingu
Msg: 1
do women want to be chased?Page 1 of 1    
Do women want to be chased, or will they let us guys know when they are interested? I have talked with several women on here and have called them on the phone and talked with them for hours. I ask well do you want to go out sometime, and they say sure and we make tentative plans. Then when that time comes around, they always have something come up. So I get to the point I think maybe I am overpursuing, and dont call them back. Then I will get a message asking why I havent called them back. Can someone please tell me what is going on? What am I doing wrong? Oh, and by the way I analyze everything so that could be my problem? maybe it is just me, but I would love to know what you all think about this?
 rjb888
Msg: 2
do women want to be chased?
Posted: 7/9/2007 7:36:14 PM
I think some do. Maybe an ego booster. Or maybe they made a date with you, then something else come up that they wanted to do. That didn't work so now they are asking you why you didn't call back. Seems like game playing to me.

Me personally I liked to be chased, but not by men named Jason or Freddie...oh and definately not Chucky.
 huntingu
Msg: 3
Posted: 7/9/2007 7:40:06 PM

Seems like game playing to me.

That is what I thought, which leads me to my next question, why do women or men for that matter play games? It has been a while since I was single but when I was if you were interested in someone you told them. You went out, you dated, and if it was meant to be you got married. what happened?
 bucsgirl
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 7/9/2007 7:48:02 PM
What you're talking about is being chased which is a form of game playing. Also called jumping through hoops, almost a form of control. They like to see you do something, so they see how they can get you to do what they want.

I think what most mature (don't mean older) women want is just to know there's interest. Usually not a problem initially, but sometimes either women or men get complacent and fail to make the other still feel they're wanted and desired. It's human to want to know the person you're with WANTS to be with you. Even if it's years down the road, sometimes especially if it's years later.

The thing about it, is if you let it start, it'll never end. A woman needs to express interest as well, and continue to do so. To make her man feel desired and let him know she still finds him desirable.
 taray_queen
Msg: 5
Posted: 7/9/2007 7:51:19 PM
The only one that chased me was my ex-hubby, and no, I didn't want him to chase me. Nor do I want to be chased by anyone else. Well, unless you're loaded, about to die, and wanna get married, then maybe I'll make an exception.

I dunno if I would call that game-play. Maybe they are just not interested in you, wanna keep on searching, or overwhelmed with other dates or potential dates. Then they contact you again when those potentials don't turn out to be better than you.
 huntingu
Msg: 6
Posted: 7/9/2007 8:03:15 PM

Well, unless you're loaded, about to die, and wanna get married, then maybe I'll make an exception.

I fit only into 1 of these categories and I will let u figure out which one!
 taray_queen
Msg: 7
Posted: 7/9/2007 8:11:39 PM
^^^oh please don't die on us!
 melissalvswade
Msg: 8
Posted: 7/9/2007 8:55:55 PM
Years ago I liked to be chased. Now as I am older, I don't. But on the other hand, I love chasing the guy that isnt into me. I dont know why, but if he ignores me I tend to like him more. Its that challenge I guess, either that or I am glutten for punishment.
 huntingu
Msg: 9
Posted: 7/9/2007 9:16:11 PM

^^^oh please don't die on us!

Well there goes your first guess, you got 2 more. Dont give up so easily! You can do it!
 taray_queen
Msg: 10
Posted: 7/9/2007 9:35:55 PM

Well there goes your first guess, you got 2 more. Dont give up so easily! You can do it!

This is really hard! May I buy a vowel please???
 huntingu
Msg: 11
Posted: 7/9/2007 9:39:58 PM

This is really hard! May I buy a vowel please???

ok, just one, and I am going to give u a hint, I am not looking to get married anytime soon. (nah just kiddin) unless u consider owning 3 coal mines being loaded?
 Corvus
Msg: 12
Posted: 7/9/2007 9:50:11 PM

Years ago I liked to be chased. Now as I am older, I don't. But on the other hand, I love chasing the guy that isnt into me. I dont know why, but if he ignores me I tend to like him more. Its that challenge I guess, either that or I am glutten for punishment.

Its games like that that make me question loves existence. Love comes and goes, I know hearts can change, but as quickly as that? Games, like this, sound more like an insecurity problem then anything. Why doesn't he like me? Oh, I better chase him - ok good, now he likes me, I don't like him anymore (in other words, your ego was filled and you can move on to the next one).

This type of behavior turns a lot of guys off (who aren't PART of it). Then the guy gets to unravel the mind **** that was just dumped on them. It's a form of lying and manipulation, that thing most girls are against (apparently not so much). One doesn't chase a piece of cake when they are hungry then say "nah, I'm full" when they catch up to it. Who has time for these games?

Take a hobby up like an instrument but you may get bored of it once you start learning that it's not hard to play.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > do women want to be chased?