Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Recipes and Cooking  > Da Bomb---Sloppy Joes!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Makers
Msg: 1
Da Bomb---Sloppy Joes!Page 1 of 1    
These rock!

1 tbsp. olive oil
1 1/4 pound of either ground beef, chuck, round or sirloin
1/4 c. brown sugar
2 tsbp. Motreal Steak Seasoning
1 small onion, chopped
1 small red or green bell pepper, chopped
1 tsbp. red wine vinegar(secret ingred.)
1 tbsp. worcestershire sauce(second secret ingred.)
2 small cans of tomato sauce
2 tbsp. tomato paste
4 hamburger buns or 4 rolls of your choice (onion rolls, my choice)..split, toasted with butter

Heat meat in a skillet with the olive oil. Combine brown sugar with steak seasoning and add to the meat. Cook meat until brown, then add onion and bell pepper and cook for 5 min. Add red wine vinegar and worcestershire sauce and stir. Then, add tomato sauce and tomato paste. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 more minutes. Serve on rolls.

You'll never want to eat sloppy joes from a can or a package, ever again!!!
 dumberthanowlshit
Msg: 2
Da Bomb---Sloppy Joes!
Posted: 7/25/2007 5:08:49 PM
More loose meat madness.....
 FistnCuffs
Msg: 3
Da Bomb---Sloppy Joes!
Posted: 7/25/2007 6:29:09 PM
every time i hear "loose meat" i think of my ex
 Makers
Msg: 4
Da Bomb---Sloppy Joes!
Posted: 7/25/2007 7:44:39 PM
I made myself so hungry, I made these for dinner...lol
Sorry you missed it!
 Trinity23
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Da Bomb---Sloppy Joes!
Posted: 7/25/2007 8:17:43 PM
Where's the manwich? I always use that in my sloppy joes.
 dumberthanowlshit
Msg: 6
Da Bomb---Sloppy Joes!
Posted: 7/25/2007 8:20:39 PM
Yikes....Manwich?????>>>ICKY.....
 blip
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Da Bomb---Sloppy Joes!
Posted: 7/25/2007 8:39:46 PM
I make mine with salt, pepper and garlic on the grill. And then I lay thinly slice jalapenos on and I put pepper jack cheese on them for the last minute. Best hamburgers ever. I also grill my buns on occasion.

I just LOVE hamburgers
J
 dumberthanowlshit
Msg: 8
Da Bomb---Sloppy Joes!
Posted: 7/25/2007 9:06:38 PM
Ummmm....uh....ummmmm.... Ya...me too!!!
 Random Entry
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Da Bomb---Sloppy Joes!
Posted: 7/25/2007 10:27:28 PM

every time i hear "loose meat" i think of my ex

Bad boy, bad boy!

But extremely funny.

Sloppy joes to me is when you have all those mostly empty bottles in the refrig. Fill one half full of water and pour it from one to another to another to another to another, add to the beef, add a 1/4 cup brown sugar, a bit more ketchup or small can of tomato somethingoranother and let simmer until right consistency.

Love worcestershire. Its the secret ingredient in my lasagne recipe, too, which I have in the one dish thread.
 Trinity23
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Da Bomb---Sloppy Joes!
Posted: 7/26/2007 8:10:06 AM
NOTHING wrong with the manwich. That's how i've always made my sloppy joes. Wouldn't be one without it.

My secret ingredient in my burgers is hickory bbq sauce. Very tasty. In fact i rip thru a lot of it in the summer coz it makes all meat taste yummmmm...esp beef.
 SWEETNTARTY
Msg: 11
Da Bomb---Sloppy Joes!
Posted: 7/26/2007 9:45:37 PM
So RK, how do you keep THIS from falling through the grill???
 dumberthanowlshit
Msg: 12
Da Bomb---Sloppy Joes!
Posted: 7/26/2007 9:57:11 PM
Just mix up the Manwich with the burger and patty those puppies up....
 djknowone
Msg: 13
Da Bomb---Sloppy Joes!
Posted: 7/27/2007 12:11:16 AM
Wine sauce in the sloppy joes
+
Bread Crumbs is the hottest.

- Jules
 writer59
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Da Bomb---Sloppy Joes!
Posted: 7/27/2007 3:43:49 AM

Love worcestershire. Its the secret ingredient in my lasagne recipe, too, which I have in the one dish thread.

I missed that thread! Send me the link, dear??? Yummmmm!

The sloppy joe's sound great - I might make them sometime! Now I am hungry and its 640 AM and I never eat breakfast!
 Fifi47
Msg: 15
Da Bomb---Sloppy Joes!
Posted: 7/27/2007 7:06:51 AM
After reading these posts I decided to make sloppy joes. I am using ground turkey, a can of manwich, onion, garlic, brown sugar, mustard, seasonings, and will let it simmer with a bit of red wine. Will probably serve it open faced with some cole slaw and potato chips .
 KayceeinTx
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Da Bomb---Sloppy Joes!
Posted: 7/28/2007 7:58:33 PM
My favorite way to make sloppy joe's is to just brown the hamburger meat, maybe with some onion, bellpepper, etc. if I want to fool with it, then add some canned tomatoes and BBQ sauce, simmer a while and eat. Yum. It's quick and easy and managed to slip a few veggies in when the kids were little and veggiephobic.

On a similar note, we also made what my MIL called soupburgers. Brown hamburger meat, add canned vegetable soup, some mustard and catsup, simmer and eat. It was a yummy twist on the standard sloppy joe.
 DaveESPI
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Da Bomb---Sloppy Joes!
Posted: 7/28/2007 8:35:26 PM
There just is no way to make "Sloppy Joes" appealing to the fine dinning crowd....

If anyone has some presentation ideas, I'm open to it, because I made this for Staff Meal with Prime rib and a lot of really good ingredients, adn they all just kind of turned their noses up at it except for the dish washers and one bartender who all came back for seconds because it was "really tasty" they said.....

I guess those who didn't eat it missed out.... I know I liked it too :)
 dumberthanowlshit
Msg: 18
Da Bomb---Sloppy Joes!
Posted: 7/28/2007 9:04:29 PM
Well...tell them to quit acting like a snob. A place called the Bucket Shop here was upen for 75 years and their signature was a Beefburger (Sloppy Joe) and on any given night, one booth would have a construction worker, the next one would have one of the most affluent men in the area....both enjoying them and a draft. I wouldn't pay 30 bucks for one, nor order one when at a 4 Star. But if someone can't enjoy simple food...I pity them.
 dumberthanowlshit
Msg: 19
Da Bomb---Sloppy Joes!
Posted: 7/28/2007 9:07:37 PM
And oh..by the way. Even though i never buy it, but have drank it....The California Wine snob blind taste testing pronounced a particular Chardonnay the best of the year...turns out...it was a boxed wine.....*Gasp*....

Just mix up your fav recipe of Sloppy Joes and put some phony French name on it , they will eat it up.
 playsnice
Msg: 20
Da Bomb---Sloppy Joes!
Posted: 7/28/2007 9:21:54 PM
i worked in a chinese takeout when i was young and my bosses there used to make something similar to sloppy joes...they would chop some bacon and cook it, then drain off excess fat...while that was cooking they would chop an onion, a large green pepper and a large tomato and add to bacon...once all the veggies were cooked down, they would add 1 lb of ground beef, salt, pepper and some soy sauce...they would serve it over white rice, but i've served it on rolls and now most of the time over brown rice...really, really good stuff
Show ALL Forums  > Recipes and Cooking  > Da Bomb---Sloppy Joes!