Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Would you date someone who has 2 kids with 2 different woman and is o      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 sassifrazz
Msg: 1
Would you date someone who has 2 kids with 2 different woman and is only in his early thirties.Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
Just curious...I haven't met the dude yet but I am just curious what others think about dating someone with 2 kids, 2 different moms.
 clevemech
Msg: 2
Would you date someone who has 2 kids with 2 different woman and is only in his early thirties.
Posted: 7/27/2007 5:57:46 PM
Whats the difference between it being a guy and a chick would you date a chick with 2 kids by different dads? Hell I know a chick that has four kids all by different fathers.
I say yes even though I am a guy because I just turn it around to being a woman and it works.
I think this is becoming more and more common place in todays society especially since there is such a need for sex today. It's no longer the truly intimate thing that two lovers did together. It's almost a prerequisite now that sex had to be had just to find out if you can date one another.
 3rdedition
Msg: 3
 Tsorath
Msg: 4
Would you date someone who has 2 kids with 2 different woman and is only in his early thirties.
Posted: 7/27/2007 6:07:19 PM
lol I hope people say yes Im in my late 30s and I have 2 kids by 2 diffrent moms. Don't see what the big deal is both were LTR not like I was spreading the seed willy nilly and just ended up with my boys

JC
 sassifrazz
Msg: 5
Posted: 7/27/2007 8:33:10 PM
Well, the two kids were with pple he cared about but wasn't married to.I am abit of a traditionalist and so I find it hard to think about dating someone who had children out of wedlock. The funny thing is, I don't have aproblem in general with pple who do have kids and are common-law!
I guess I will take the advice that if we hit it off, why not? Thanks. And if we don't, I will just have to keep on
 Irreverent Lass
Msg: 6
Posted: 7/27/2007 8:45:16 PM
Wouldn't matter to me as long as his kids were being well taken care of.

Not like I'd be producing number 3.
 a_sweet_fishy
Msg: 7
Posted: 7/27/2007 11:21:33 PM
By "early 30's" most people are about finished having kids anyway.....if not, they will be soon. He isn't a kid FFS.....2 kids by two women is nothing! If it was 5 kids by 5 women or something of that nature I might get a bit concerned!
 sassifrazz
Msg: 8
Posted: 7/28/2007 5:31:47 PM
I guess you don't know my friends and I...we started having kids well into our 30's and I still have friends in their late 30's trying to have one. The clock hasn't stopped for us yet. Hey, you never know if he wants number 3 but it likely won't be from me....
 jtw1974
Msg: 9
Posted: 7/28/2007 5:35:52 PM
The only thing I would be concerned with is the SHEER POWER of his sperm. Four kids, two women and early 30's... those suckers must be gunnin' for bear.
 klatour
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 7/28/2007 8:36:22 PM
Personally, NO. I would hope to find someone that actually spent time, found love and was responsible enough to not have several children with several women. How many "loves" do you have in your life. It is important to me that someone use protection until they are secure enough or married before creating little people with feelings and lives, just my personal opinion. Anyone can fu@k, hopefully a baby is not created by that, but by love and a relationship. I know relationships are not perfect, but, I dont want to be one of those mothers of many children with many men. I think it shows irresponsability. I value myself and my children more than that... I have two kids with one father and that is it, married for 16 years. My family is done and made. Now, I am on a different chapter in my life.
 klatour
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 7/28/2007 8:42:41 PM
You know, more than anything, think about his life.... Drama with two mama's....eww, stay away :)
 Flipper Jones
Msg: 12
Posted: 7/28/2007 8:47:05 PM
I'm a guy, and I'll just say that dating a woman with two kids from two men would kind of be a red flag for me. Nothing against single mothers and not being judgmental, but you are asking for twice the drama.
 sassifrazz
Msg: 13
Posted: 7/29/2007 3:50:20 PM
Well, I already have some insight based on this weekend...not a good one either.
 youheartme
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 7/29/2007 8:32:17 PM
No. I don't want kids at all but if I did I still wouldn't. You'll never rank #1 in his eyes obviously.
 Awesomeplus1
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 11/17/2008 6:42:05 PM
Sometimes it's just the way it works out... It may look bad on the surface but sometimes there are reasons for it. Hmmm, let's say a guy had a child when he was 19, then got married many years later and had another child.... maybe his wife turned out to be a horrible person and now he is in this situation...
 Jaxi_2008
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 11/17/2008 6:55:10 PM
klatour, I don't know if it's complete irresponsibility. I had my first child when I was 20 years old. It was definitely unplanned, and yes, you could consider it "irresponsible"....even "I" considered it to be that...but although the act was irresponsible, "I" wasn't. I raised the child very well, on my own, for 10 years.

When I was 33, I became pregnant with #2. I was married, and our child was planned. The marriage didn't work. But at the time, it 'was' "love and a relationship" as you have stated.....

I definitely value myself, and my children are tremendous.....my path doesn't mean that I don't "value" them! I value nothing more.

Like you, my family is "done and made" and I am on a different chapter in my life as well.
 princesspinkpixie
Msg: 17
Posted: 11/18/2008 5:52:16 AM
I'd date a guy who had kids by more than one woman....

I have kids by more than one father.My first husband was killed and i had kids by him.I was 18 when he was killed.......

I remarried and had a baby with my 2nd husband.We divorced..........

I wouldnt class myself as irresponsible at all and wouldnt judge a guy to be either........
 Kirota
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 11/18/2008 7:08:35 AM
This is my thinking............if someone can't handle that I have had sex with someone before them then so be it. I had my first daughter at 23.........I left 3mths pregnant after being together 7yrs and 2mths from my wedding. We had been engaged for 2yrs........wedding planned for a year and I just happen to get pregnant on birth control.........I raised her on my own...........then I got married at 32 and 3wks after my year anniversary I had my second daughter. Both of my girls are loved and taken care of.

For the woman that blasted some of us that have two kids with two different dads.......I will say this. You don't put your pants on in the morning any different than I do.......and my girls aren't any less because they don't have the same dads........Trying having a live and let live attitude. You shouldn't be so critical unless you have walked in others shoes.
 Happily Ever...maybe
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 11/18/2008 2:07:01 PM
Two kids with two different fathers would be OK in my book. Now if we got above that number of children and fathers I might start to have suspicions about her judgement, or lack thereof. I once met a girl, and in the process of getting to know her, found out that she had had 5 children by 4 different men-and that's not even the best part. Two of these children she had from different fathers, while being married to another man! Waiter, check please, and exit stage left!!
 scubaseven
Msg: 20
Posted: 11/18/2008 4:01:58 PM
I wouldn't date someone with kids at all, so no.
 all.you.need
Msg: 21
Posted: 11/19/2008 11:08:34 AM
sounds too Jerry Springer to me. I think it's sad when people shack up, have a kid (or kids), break up and then go onto shack up with someone else and more offspring are produced. i guess when you don't make the commitment to marry it's easy to just walk away and go have babies (or create) with someone else. seems so trailer park to me.
 bomberlady
Msg: 22
Posted: 11/19/2008 12:45:04 PM
this is a question that can only lead to more questions...... how, when, why, what ??? it depends on the circumstances ! u could have someone who has had bad luck in the love stakes or someone who is fooling themselves that by having a kid the guy will stay, or they just cant be bothered to not have kids ! u need to find out which it is..i do think that people have childrento easy nowadays though !
 Jaxi_2008
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 11/19/2008 2:59:21 PM
all.you.need, what makes you think alot of these people weren't married?
 all.you.need
Msg: 24
Posted: 11/19/2008 3:08:44 PM
well it's possible some were but I have to be honest, my experience on dating sites and even in general, I meet so many men who have never been married but have children with a couple of different moms. it's even rare to find men on here with children who've ever been married, most are 'single' and when you ask more they admit they've never been married. i'm just speaking based on my experience. i have an issue with men who go around helping to make babies but don't have enough respect for the mother(s) of their children to marry her, make a solid commitment to her. i love the ones who have lived with a woman for many years, say 10 years, have a couple of kids, then he split up and moved in with another woman and had a kid (or 2)......he admits he's never been married and you ask him why and he stupidly claims "I just haven't met the right woman." WTF? These exes were good enough to get pregnant and carry your children and make a home for you and your children but they weren't "perfect" enough for you to marry? give me a focking break.
 scintillation1
Msg: 25
Posted: 11/20/2008 10:42:25 AM
It wouldn't stop me dating someone. If I were interested in getting to know him more I'd find out about his situation, is he a responsible dad, how does that work out for seeing him if he has the kids at different times.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Would you date someone who has 2 kids with 2 different woman and is only in his early thirties.