Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Travel  > cruises for singles between 50-65 years of age      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 chivi15
Msg: 1
view profile
History
cruises for singles between 50-65 years of agePage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
I will love to take singles cruises where peole are not under 50, yet not over 65.....
Has anyone had experience on this? are there such things?
Any information you can tell me will be apreciated
 goer
Msg: 2
view profile
History
cruises for singles between 50-65 years of age
Posted: 8/7/2007 9:24:03 PM
I did the Holland America cruise from Rio to Valpariso a couple of years ago. It wasn't a singles cruise but, there were several large tables of single people in our age range and plenty of fun to go around. I was matched with a wonderful lady from Canada, who was the perfect roommate. There were lots of flirty guys. I think Holland attracts the over 50 crowd.
 tallnorthtxguy
Msg: 3
Posted: 8/9/2007 4:46:43 PM
Cruise ships these days are so large there are a wide variety or age ranges on all cruises, your best bet is to contact a travel agent as they have knowlege on the age ranges on specific cruises and cruise lines. I sponsor group cruises and in general most of the people I book are in the 40-60 yr old range. Email me if I can be of any assistance.
 LadySunDevil
Msg: 4
Posted: 8/12/2007 9:54:18 PM
Alaska Inside Passage is great!
 tallnorthtxguy
Msg: 5
Posted: 8/13/2007 8:44:50 AM
My next cruise is going to be Alaska before global warming melts the state, lol
 Outdoorguy4u
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 8/18/2007 5:36:48 AM
I've taken 2 singles cruises and there were plenty of people in the age range you are looking for. My next cruise will be at the end of September leaving out of Port Canavarel Florida. There's still time to sign up if you're interested. I'm flying to Orlando from California to pick up the cruise. Two other friends are also coming from California.

If you are on a limited budget, the cruise organizer can match you up with a roomate which will save you some money.

Let me know if you want more information on how to sign up.
 chivi15
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 8/18/2007 12:50:12 PM
Where in California are you located?
Where is the cruise going and how much?
 chivi15
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 9/12/2007 8:22:09 PM
I am looking for people between 50-65
What do you have?
 dede021
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 9/22/2007 9:29:52 AM
Have you checked out www.vacationtogo.com they run single cruise and I thin they are doing one for people 50+. If you go to the site look for the tab for hosted singles cruises. They might also have something at www.singlescruise.com
 ashley1861
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 9/22/2007 8:10:25 PM
This might be the next thing I should do... only won't have vacation time allotted for another 6 months at least.... just started over with a new company.
Wouldn't it be great if a bunch of us over 50's from POF took the ship!
 captnjimbo
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 9/23/2007 1:31:11 PM
Well, I'm single, I cruise, and I'm between 50 & 60. The best think is that I take my one boat and go when and where and for how long I want. What could be better? What a life!
 cynthiab75
Msg: 12
Posted: 9/28/2007 4:44:56 PM
i would love to go on a singles cruise and would be great to be people from pof because then we could get to know each other a little before ... cynthia
 Kootenaygal
Msg: 13
Posted: 9/29/2007 10:47:47 PM
Still trying to figure out how this works. I'm, for the first time in my life able to travel, as I have the money and I'm free from all responsibilities. BUT I'm afraid to go alone. Afraid I will waste my money if I'm just lonely. Can you singles who have done it alone give me some advice. Is a cruise the answer??? Who has done it and how did it go.
Thanks for all who reply
 PositivelyLibran
Msg: 14
Posted: 10/7/2007 12:38:56 PM
Hi,

I have "cruised" alone and have traveled many places alone. Sometimes, at least for me, it's do it alone or don't do it at all. I refuse to spend my life not "doing it". :-)

You won't be lonely on a cruise. There are many structured and unstructered activities. There are lots of people and most are friendly.

I think that you will be just fine. You might want to start out on a cheaper cruise ....so that you can "test the waters". Another member referred you to two sources for cheaper cruises. Also, check the sunday paper...and check with the usual travel discounters that you use for flights, hotels, etc.

Good luck and happy traveling.

:-0
 ashley1861
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 10/8/2007 6:01:59 AM
Koot, in an organized cruise you will have other single women in our age group who will feel that lonely feeling too.
I used to think I couldn't travel without a man to hang onto, but the first time shed new light on how much I enjoy chatting up strangers.
My second honeymoon was the cruise from New Orleans to Jamaica with a few stops in between. He wanted to drink his way through the cruise and oggle a stripper (yes, she told us her profession).... I had fun climbing Dunn River Falls by myself as well as sight seeing, shopping, etc...
I also thought I couldn't enjoy traveling with just my young son, (back in the 80's without a man), but found that we enjoyed the same kind of things and that started a grand scale of traveling - just the two of us.

I would love to participate in any cruise we gals can set up, just to chat, shop, sight see, etc...
 Outdoorguy4u
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 10/9/2007 4:03:04 PM

BUT I'm afraid to go alone. Afraid I will waste my money if I'm just lonely. Can you singles who have done it alone give me some advice. Is a cruise the answer??? Who has done it and how did it go.

I just got back from a singles cruise and I had a great time. Most people go by themselves. It was very easy to meet people and there was no problem with being lonely. I had people to be with if I wanted all day long.

I booked through "Vacations To Go". They are a large company and they do an excellent job putting togrether the activities. There are plenty of mixers and opportunities to meet other singles. We had a total of 190 people and some of their cruises have even more.

I can highly recommend a singles cruise if you like meeting people and traveling. It sure beats Internet dating.
 A_Jennnnay4U
Msg: 17
Posted: 10/9/2007 9:18:02 PM
Check out the web site.........www.cruisemates.com......several areas on there for single cruises...Happy Sailing.........
 cleopatra8
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 12/4/2007 6:59:29 PM
hey kootenaygal.

I have travelled on 26 cruises and only two of them I travelled with a friend. They are fantastic but you have to know what kind of activities you like and what is important to you.
Here are some of my thoughts:
1. Princess cruises is the best bang for the buck. They focus more on the entertainment and do it better than Holland America, Carnival, or any other cruise line and I have been on lots.
2. Holland America is for reallllyyyy old folks. Their entertainment is weak and definitely geared to the ancient. Their food service is very good. No fun though for anyone under the age of dead.
3. Carnival is poorly organized and is run by untried and unknowledgeable young staff. There is no quality to a carnival cruise. I can say this since my ex used to work for this company.
4. Royal Caribbean has very small rooms generally but their food service is fine. Still the entertainment is far better on Princess.
No fears about taking a princess cruise on your own. There is so much to do everyday and evening and their deck parties put all others to shame. Imagine new years eve..... the best dinners are presented that night along with the big broadway show. Right after, the party continues on the deck with bands playing back to back so there are no breaks. Dance competitions, games, and other entertainments along with fireworks are all there. Champagne flows freely and you can barely empty one glass before a steward wanders around to refill it. As often as you like.
Then, the disco is ready for you to dance the night away. Seriously, go on a princess cruise and take me. I have been all over the Caribbean and Mexico and Europe with them. You will not be disappointed. Let's see....on my last princess cruise, one of the nightly entertainments was cirque du soleil. No other line will match that.

world-traveller
Msg: 19
Posted: 12/7/2007 7:54:28 AM
Hello there. Feel free to email or msg on cruises. I work as a cruise consultant/travel agent for a major travel company. I can help you find your best cruise if your interested. As well I can help you with research.
 alohacheryl
Msg: 20
Posted: 2/5/2008 9:29:06 PM
Hi there, have you found out anything about the cruise? I too would love to join one, please let me know ok? Thank you, Cheryl
 foxybear 66
Msg: 21
Posted: 2/5/2008 10:51:31 PM
I have gone on sea-cruise. But not as a single. I have had a girlfriend at one time and took her and I on a couple of sea-cruise. I also like to find a Sea-cruise that just for Single people. But most sea-cruise line is for double occcupancy. If you can find a lady to go with you as a single that would work. I think that what some Singles do now. But I am not sure of it. It may cost a little more by going by yourself. But it be worth it. I know that one one ship I was on they announce that all single meet say upon the 13th deck. But I am hoping to go on another one some day soon.
 Marsky
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 6/24/2008 7:44:38 AM
I know of a singles weekend cruise ages 45-60ish Nov 21-24. Let me know if interested. Usually about 100 people go.
 LRdancer
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 6/24/2008 1:24:46 PM
I went on a "singles" cruise in November 2007 on Carnival, it was great. I was the only one in our group who was not from Calif. (the agency is located in Calif.) We had so much fun, my room mate (matched up by the travel agency) was fun and she and I had a lot in common (even though she was 20 yrs. younger than me). Don't be afraid, I have been on 12 cruises and loved every one of them. Google Single Cruises and go from there. LRDancer
 cubanjunky
Msg: 24
Posted: 6/26/2008 12:44:06 AM
I went travelling alone for the last 5 years to Cuba. I enjoyed it most time but got a bit fed up with men thinking i could not be on my own..so i was hasseled all the time. Soo i'm thinking now about something where i meet other single travellers my agegroup 49..and also i am from Ireland and not california as most people on here seem to be
 anApplepear
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 6/26/2008 9:30:51 AM
what about those horrify stories I heard about single women got raped and threw to the sea, and nobody would noticed that they have disappeared until its was too late?
I am asking an honest question in here for I have actually read articles on this. Waiting for your answers.
Show ALL Forums  > Travel  > cruises for singles between 50-65 years of age