Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Why do rich people look down on poor people?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Rebellove_03
Msg: 1
Why do rich people look down on poor people?Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
I love in a Boom town and in all honesty I'm a PWB (Poor White Boy) as well as a Cowboy.
I go to the local stores around town and on the weekends i Feel like a science rat the ones who are injected with all sorts of nasty stuff. I can't find a job half the time cause i barely have any experience, so because of that I'm goin into the Army to mke something better of my self, but I feel like going postal on these people but i know i can't. Why do Rich folk look down on Poor folk?
 jimi77
Msg: 2
Why do rich people look down on poor people?
Posted: 5/8/2005 3:43:54 AM
I’ve worked in many extremely rich people houses. one house 4 millions dollars.

99% of them are wana bes.. The ones have truly have it normally are nice and don’t flaunt it. But there are exceptions.

Look down all they like I have peace in my life and enjoy who I am
 waspleg
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 5/8/2005 4:05:49 AM
they think they're better than you and (many) also believe that your'e poor because you did something wrong and/or deserve to be because this is america right? and everyone is equal *cough*

i'm from a rich white area (Pacers live there) in indy, and now live in the ghetto paycheck to paycheck so i've seen both sides, poor people hate rich people just as much for different and similar reasons.

waspleg
 Byrd
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 5/8/2005 9:57:47 AM
I hate well severly dislike the rich if we ever have a revolution in our time and food gets scarce they are the first ones I'm gonna eat...I may be dirt poor but I love cavier...I'm actually having a good time being poor as I recycle to make ends meet you'ld never believe some of the things you find in a rich mans garbage can....Once you move their wife out of the way...stereo equitment, T.V.s, V.C.R.s DVDs All kinds of stuff..I usually find things I happen to need I have a ton of stereo stuff...Fishing equitment, camping gear..They can look down on me all they want, I don't want their life....
 ashley1861
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 5/8/2005 11:19:10 AM
They all don't. One of my most trustworthy friends is a 4x millionaire. I'd like to introduce all you gals to him, but he's not ready to date yet.... just getting a divorce.

FYI, my employer's answer to this question asked of me at one of her partys, "Who are you, or How do you know (the party thrower - my boss)?" I responded that I work for her as her National Sales Manager. This rich biatch walked away like I was scummmmmm.
My employer said next time to simply respond that I was her "Business Associate". Which I guess puts me on a higher playing field.
Thanks MJ!
 astrosky
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 5/8/2005 2:04:14 PM
They are smug because they assume they are envied.

They are clueless because they can't relate.

They are out of touch with what life is all about.

Sometimes they get their comeuppance, as in the "How Does It Feel" song by Bob Dylan.

Or they just go insane, like in "American Psycho".
 random4
Msg: 7
Posted: 5/8/2005 5:57:03 PM
If they do, it is because poor people look up to them.
 Agstang
Msg: 8
Posted: 5/8/2005 6:01:48 PM
Q. Why do rich people look down on poor people?
A. Because they're taller.

You're too kind! I'll be here all week!
 Frrosty
Msg: 9
Posted: 5/8/2005 7:21:00 PM
Poor people sometimes tend to look down on or hate rich people due to their money too dude;' goes both ways I think.

crappy hu?
 inthecanyon
Msg: 10
Posted: 5/8/2005 7:49:52 PM
Rich people have no choice but to look down on the poor.....look where they put their houses!
sorry...just can't help it sometimes.

No one can look down upon you without your consent.
 Byrd
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 5/8/2005 10:21:01 PM
Except after a good rain then there houses end up in our neighborhood....
 crowmobe
Msg: 12
Posted: 5/8/2005 10:37:21 PM
becuase ther all a bunch of bastereds
 Rebellove_03
Msg: 13
Posted: 5/8/2005 10:41:24 PM
Well i thank ya'll for the replies and would like to welcome more... hey byrd ya know the song " Eat the Rich" by Aerosmith? lol
 giggleparts
Msg: 14
Posted: 5/8/2005 11:29:47 PM

Because their homes tend to have more floors in them.
 random4
Msg: 15
Posted: 5/9/2005 6:35:44 AM
Why do people who have essentially the same incomes and wealth try to look down on each other?
 Byrd
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 5/9/2005 1:27:37 PM
Maybe in Minnosota they have more floors, but in California they live on hillsides till after a good rain...Yea love that song..."Eat the Rich.."
 the noodler
Msg: 17
Posted: 5/9/2005 2:03:27 PM

~Because they are able to afford fimir lengthening procedures.

~It's common knowledge that poor people are dwarfs.

~Poor people tend to scrounge the floors looking for spare change, as well as, forgotten french fries.

wakka wakka
 stormycs
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 5/9/2005 3:19:58 PM
Aren't they called "freedom fries" now?

As for the topic at hand, it's simple - they feel the need to do so to prove that their wealth means something. After all, what's the point in ahving it, if you can't lord it over the ones who don't? Not that I agree with this philosophy, but it's my opinion on how they think
 the noodler
Msg: 19
Posted: 5/9/2005 3:29:37 PM
"freedom fries"

No, they are absolutely not called that.

"yeah, I'd like a burger, chocolate shake, and an order of french fries.. Hold the propaganda please.."
 random4
Msg: 20
Posted: 5/9/2005 3:40:36 PM
It's because they can afford stilts!
 sweetie_delicious
Msg: 21
Posted: 5/10/2005 9:28:23 AM
Because they can experience and understand life in a way that poor folks will never know.

Money can buy a lot of things.
 Elisheva
Msg: 22
Posted: 5/10/2005 11:49:17 PM
Why are you worried about it, OP? ...I mean, honestly?
Whether anyone looks down on you or not (and who cares if they do), it doesn't change who you are, or what you can make of yourself. Get out there, do good, 'be all you can be', or whatever you choose. :) Really...
I grew up in poverty. Didn't stop me from getting my degree and a good paying job. I see you're a student. Your education is one of the best investments you'll ever make. Take out loans if you have to. Opportunities increase greatly when you're well educated. Who knows, you might luck into some gold mine of a field, and be one of those 'rich folks' one day...

Btw, I think some 'rich folks' look down on them b/c they feel they're only looking for handouts, or don't do anything to better themselves. There's always that struggle with the tax burden and dispensation of the taxes collected. I'd be ticked too if I made that much money to have the government swipe 40% or more of it to redistribute to others who aren't as smart/lucky/fortunate/well-educated/hard-working as myself. Some of them are just lucky dogs who were in the right place at the right time or born into the right families. Still doesn't give us the right to take away half of what they earn and give it to the welfare abusers. But that could be why they look down on 'poor folk'.
 CEC93013
Msg: 23
Posted: 5/11/2005 2:03:15 AM
Oh you've got it all wrong,poor people outnumber the wealthy ones a zillion to one,It's the poor and avrage people who look down on the rich...

This is why the wealthy live in gated comunities and pay so much for private security services,they live in fear of us...(-;
 Elisheva
Msg: 24
Posted: 5/11/2005 9:58:41 AM
never thought of it that way...
 tahkox4321
Msg: 25
Posted: 5/11/2005 11:42:31 AM
just the way the world turns, the mop flops,the cookie crumbles....
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Why do rich people look down on poor people?