Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > 4 month anniversary gift idea      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 yiji
Msg: 1
view profile
History
4 month anniversary gift ideaPage 1 of 1    
my gf is 19 years old, tomorrow is our 4 month anniversary.
We are from Nanaimo, B.C Canada.
any ideas?
i wanna give her a surprise though.

Our relationship wasn't that smooth actually, her parents are strongly aganist us to be together. Now she only sees me two times a week behind her parents.
Her dad is a redneck, hate Asian.

She is a faithful church girl, we know each other at the public library and then met again at the church. She had my promise ring already.
 TrulyStephanie
Msg: 2
view profile
History
4 month anniversary gift idea
Posted: 8/11/2007 4:57:09 PM
Two ideas come to mind...

four roses, one for each of the months you have been together...

and/or

find an old skeleton key from a thrift store, or your attic or basement, or from an old hardware store... tie a red ribbon through it, and tell her "she holds the key to your heart". Bring along a one of those key rings so that she can attach it to her set of keys, and her dad surely won't no the significance of it!

She'll alway be able to have something you gave to her, at all times...

Good Luck
 bellydancer18
Msg: 3
Posted: 8/11/2007 5:18:39 PM
Wow....tough situation. When he finds out, he's going to hate you even more. And parents always have a way of finding out. It sucks that you can be open with your relationship.

Maybe you can figure out how to be with her for a ''real'' date. A nice picnic in the park or a dinner out. After your meetings in the library it will be far more special.
 yiji
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 8/11/2007 5:22:49 PM
freaking awsome idea!!! you girls are smart
 This is Now
Msg: 5
Posted: 8/11/2007 6:23:08 PM
Get her a bookmark from either a craft store or a card shop that has some type of significance to your relationship. The meaning could be found strictly in the design or by the words on it. Keep it about happiness and friendship and how special it is to know others and not about love.

Or something she can wear in her hair on special occasions or even church without being too 'in your face' re: her father.
 wpg_chick_84
Msg: 6
Posted: 8/11/2007 9:59:14 PM
What kind of things is she interested in? Seems like she likes books, since you met at the library, so maybe get her a book by her favorite author or something. Tailor it to things she likes and you'll never go wrong.
 Twilight_x
Msg: 7
Posted: 8/12/2007 7:31:47 AM

is our 4 month anniversary.

any ideas?
i wanna give her a surprise though.

That's the nicest thing I have came across, so affectionate and caring. It's nice for people to think that way, especially after dating for only 4 months. I never experienced anything like that before/within/after a relationship of 10 years.

Very sweet.....
 SassySky
Msg: 8
Posted: 8/12/2007 11:55:53 AM
This is unbelievable sweet. Where are the rest of the men they need to get some pointers. Please.
I think Stephanie? had the best idea.
Please be sure to come back in and tells us all the details.
 yiji
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 8/13/2007 12:47:44 PM
I got her dark Pudy (a Canadian brand) chocolate and 4 pink roses, however, guess what? because i know she loves reading, i bought her "classic American car album"
lol

she was sick yesterday, we only met about 1 hour.

she can not bring anything home as her dad will get really mad.
Our relationship has to keep quiet............

past 2 weeks, she had a lot of pressure from her family because our relationship, she can't even sleep well, her stomach can not take anything she ate.

yep, it has only been 4 month, but feel like a year.
Her parents do not like Asian, our dating is basically without her parents support.
 yiji
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 8/13/2007 12:52:18 PM
I am still not very confidence of our future, since her parents do not like my ethical background, I am a Chinese-Canadian. They are white, catholic.

her mom told me directly, they live under welfare, well you have a good career and a house. they still live in a rental basement.

I told her I do not care.....

Beside, her dad and family sell dubee in my community, lives in a ghetto. although my gf does not touch any those crap, don't even drink at all.

My gf talks about marriage stuff next year, in my deep mind, i am not really sure about this...

i do love her, but all i am thinking is long-term stuff, how her family could accept me?
\
 SassySky
Msg: 11
Posted: 8/13/2007 2:22:36 PM
I am glad to hear what you did, I am sorry to hear the stress is getting to her.
I also have some Ironclad advice. if she isn't willing to go it w/o family and they will never accept you. You are setting up for a heartbreak.
Sorry
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > 4 month anniversary gift idea