Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Ladies, can a man cheat on you and still be in love with you?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 cakeaholic
Msg: 1
Ladies, can a man cheat on you and still be in love with you?Page 1 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
I was driving too work this morning and a female relationship expert made this statement, and said a man can cheat and still be in love with you. I was wondering what you woman folk thought about this.....
 wowsad
Msg: 2
Ladies, can a man cheat on you and still be in love with you?
Posted: 8/28/2007 4:01:48 PM
you're asking women this question? that makes a lot of sense. i assume this is all going to end up being a parade of women bashing men who have cheated on them, or hell, just men in general. my question is why is this question even being asked? some will say yes, some will say no, and some will just here to bash the opposite sex. either way its pointless and helps nobody. so its just a random topic of conversation? ok, i can deal with that....if it wasn't begging for the most unintellectual display that could possibly be witnessed on these forums, compared only to threads like "would you date a pedophile" and things of that nature.

but to be fair, i'll answer the question even though i'm not a girl.....yes, a guy can cheat on you, and still be in love with you. sex and love don't always go hand in hand. let the parade begin...
 Catin3hat
Msg: 3
Posted: 8/28/2007 4:02:14 PM
I think it's true. They can still love you. They're stupid to do so and must accept the consequences. If you have any sense you should kick their *ss to the curb. People make mistakes, but they are not as willing to accept the consequences.
 Call_Me_Luv
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 8/28/2007 4:03:27 PM
Yes I think that a man can cheat on a woman but still love her. People usually cheat because a need is not being met. But in my book I wouldn't care if he still loved me or not, because cheating represents a bigger problem to me than just sleeping with someone else. It goes much deeper into how that person deals with problems and resolving them. If he can't identify the problem and communicate it to me so we can work together to resolve it then he's not the man for me. He would need serious therapy to correct that behavior of his. Not to mention that I would never trust him again anyhow.
 salome2
Msg: 5
Posted: 8/28/2007 4:08:57 PM
well god gave man a brain and a willy but........

only enough blood to supply one at a time
 Rocky_Returns
Msg: 6
Posted: 8/28/2007 4:13:15 PM
salome2 - what if the man is as thick as sheeeee lol
 salome2
Msg: 7
Posted: 8/28/2007 4:15:53 PM
lol rocky just joking
 Mr Frank
Msg: 8
Posted: 8/28/2007 4:17:56 PM
simple.. ...........................................................NO
 plumb5150
Msg: 9
Posted: 8/28/2007 4:22:37 PM
Wow I am surprised some ladies said yes to this one. I think the answer is NO. I don't buy the sex is just sex excuse. If you love someone cheating is not an option.
 3rdedition
Msg: 10
Posted: 8/28/2007 4:22:39 PM
wowsad - geeeez have a little faith will ya? lol We aren't all bitter lol

Yes, it's possible for a man to cheat even though he's in love with his partner. And there's a million different reasons he might do it. Those are the same million reasons why a woman might cheat while she is in love with her partner too.

Sometimes trust can't be earned back, sometimes it can. Every scenario is slightly different. But the reason for not cheating is so that you don't have to worry about all those millions of reasons, and scenarios, and possibly not being able to earn the trust back. So the fact that it can be done while "in love" does not and should not be a reason for taking that risk.

You can't lose the one you love because you cheated if you don't cheat.
 Columbia Punkin
Msg: 11
Posted: 8/28/2007 4:25:18 PM
He may still love a woman, but he certainly doesn't respect her.
 Rachelle2007
Msg: 12
Posted: 8/28/2007 4:25:39 PM
Of course they can, after all, women do it all the time.
 Belfastbloke
Msg: 13
Posted: 8/28/2007 4:29:39 PM
No no no no no. Don't kid yourselves for 1 minute. If you are truly in love with someone you wouldn't even consider cheating. Same applies to women. Simple as that.

J
 Funny_Girl
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 8/28/2007 4:33:26 PM
Loving someone is why you wouldn't and couldn't cheat. You wouldn't even want to cheat.
 GStateFaith
Msg: 15
Posted: 8/28/2007 4:33:34 PM
I'm not a lady, but yes. Sometimes you are just really physically attracted to someone but know where your heart is at with someone else.
 Fly on the Wall
Msg: 16
Posted: 8/28/2007 4:36:09 PM
No....regardless of if its a man or a woman, if you truly love someone you wouldn't truly consider having sex with someone else. As far as I know, my relationship is over....I still love him, and would never consider for a second letting another man put his penis anywhere near me.

There is no excuse, how can you love someone and willingly have sex with someone else without thinking about the one you love and how it would affect them...because surely thinking about them would prevent someone from cheating. I would never believe someone truly loved me if they could have sex with someone else. What are they gonna say, "Opps, I fell and accidently my penis ended up in her vagina"?
 ctm1977
Msg: 17
Posted: 8/28/2007 4:38:29 PM
I agree with Belfastbloke, anyone who is in love with their partner will not cheat no matter what. Sure you try and make things work but no matter what it will never be the same again and just will be something that you can use against the other person when your upset. People need to have respect for their partner and cheating is one way of showing you have no respect. Who wants someone who doesn't respect them...NOT ME.

You can put any spin on it you wants to but cheating is wrong, ends in someone being hurt...doesn' t matter if both cheats on each other. That just goes to show no one has love for the other person.
 richard123456
Msg: 18
Posted: 8/28/2007 4:47:35 PM
"Love is a constellation of emotions and experiences related to a sense of strong affection or profound oneness" as defined by Wikipedia

Absolutely not!
 realizedreams
Msg: 19
Posted: 8/28/2007 8:12:10 PM
So let's say you find out your man is cheating on you...is that what you're going to wonder does he still love you? If the answer is yes, what kind of love would it be? or even if he did, what does that have to do with the resolution of the problem?
 K-lo
Msg: 20
Posted: 8/28/2007 8:18:38 PM
Well, I don't know if a man (or woman) can cheat and still be IN LOVE with the one they're with. But, I do think a man (or woman) can cheat and still love the one they're with. I even think a man (or woman) can love more than one person at a time. I, personally, have never had any interest in another man while I've been in a committed relationship, but, I'm also pretty hesitant to get into a committed relationship with just anybody. I WON'T pretend to commit myself if I know I could even begin to think of desiring someone else.

It is disrespectful, that's true. But, I wouldn't throw my family away over it, in particular, if I had kids. Keeping a family together would be more important to me than him doing something stupid. It would definitely be a wake-up call that something is broken and needs to be fixed, ASAP. But, in order for it to be fixable: 1) I better find out about it from him, and 2) He'd better not lie about it.
 swigan
Msg: 21
Posted: 8/28/2007 8:19:12 PM
People don't even understand what they are feeling. Why should we expect to understand what others are feeling?
 sHeLz1214
Msg: 22
Posted: 8/28/2007 8:31:06 PM
I have felt the pains of infidelity and the joy of deep, mad, crazy love and I absolutely think one can cheat and still love you. It’s not so clear cut or absolute as forever or never. I don’t condone cheating nor will I ever betray someone I care about however, I am realistic and know that it can happen, does happen and will happen even to the happiest and most complete relationships. Just my opinion.
 Hedda Lettuce
Msg: 23
Posted: 8/28/2007 8:50:30 PM
My vote is NO.

If you sleep around with other people you have no respect for anyone, including yourself. Let alone someone you say you "love."

And if the cheater feels he/she "loves" the one he/she is cheating on, he/she probably looks more at that person as a back-up, or someone he/she can walk all over while sleeping around.
 beadlady
Msg: 24
Posted: 8/28/2007 9:11:11 PM
I think that we have become a soceity that
makes excuses for everything.
It`s ok to drink if you have something bothering
you. It`s ok to cheat if things aren`t perfect at home.
If you want to fool around, why be in a relationship
with someone who builds their life around you? How
can anyone expect someone to ever trust them again
or respect them if they do not offer the same?
Sorry folks, excuses, excuses, excuses..............
 Nemphridite
Msg: 25
Posted: 8/28/2007 9:15:12 PM
This question is not gender specific. No one can cheat if they love another ... if they claim to then they have no idea what love is.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Ladies, can a man cheat on you and still be in love with you?