Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Dating websites designed for married people looking for something on      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 RitzNB
Msg: 1
Dating websites designed for married people looking for something on the sidePage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
I was watching a show yesterday and they now have dating websites for married people. All the members are married and are looking for recreational sex or want to hook up with someone other then their spouse for whatever reason. The man who started this site claims he has 350,000 members. He claimed that the demand was there for this type of service. The reasoning is that people on there are upfront and honest. Interesting theorty. He figures that these members aren't hiding the fact that they are married (honesty part). That they probably don't want to leave their spouse. They are just looking for some fun or companionship on the side. Here's my question to POF members. What's the difference between a regular dating site such as this where members who are married indicate they are single or a site such as described where you know they are married right off the bat.
 bunnybaby_81
Msg: 2
Dating websites designed for married people looking for something on the side
Posted: 5/11/2005 9:51:05 AM
i cant stand that! like wtf! basically people are socially accepting cheating and making it NORMAL???

why bother getting married? If you arent happy with your sex life with your spouse rekindle the damn fire!

and if your partner doesnt please you, TEACH THEM!

you can only be as good as your teacher people!

CHEATING is CHEATING no matter which way you look at it.

And as for the supporters of it, i hope you all rot in hell.

lone56wolf
Msg: 3
Posted: 5/11/2005 9:55:45 AM
It's a conspiracy by divorce lawyers I tell ya! LOL Seriously, in today's disposable world, even wedding vows aren't sacred.

Steve
 quietjohn2
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 5/11/2005 10:06:59 AM
I guess the big difference would be that a site for married people wouldn't be full of people making unsolicited judgements about participants which are irrelevant to the question being posed.
Honesty may not be the reason for declaring marital status, so much as knowing that it may be a plus on a site which targets married people. As for the demand, maybe married people are just as guilty as single people in assuming a sexual relationship is central to their emotional needs.
 MsRedDress
Msg: 5
Posted: 5/11/2005 10:07:52 AM
ritz well its about time

keep them from having to lie and commit a outright,
premeditaed sin...lol
 eyez
Msg: 6
Posted: 5/11/2005 10:22:27 AM
As time wears on... husbands and wives may find/accidently hook up with their own spouse on these sites. Then..... the on homefront fireworks begin.

I say rekindle the old flame. It lasts longer, carries less risk of new airborne ashes of disease, etc. etc...
 random4
Msg: 7
Posted: 5/11/2005 10:26:05 AM
I only watched part of Dr Phil yesterday, since I lost interest in married people who cheat.

It's cheating unless your spouse approves, then it's swinging. Cheating is cheating whether you join a club or not. It's like a site for people who steal, doesn't make stealing any different just because you are among other thieves. It's a good business idea for someone with no morals. Maybe if they both keep cheating and changing partners eventually they will work their way back to each other and have it out of their systems.
 FastMan
Msg: 8
Posted: 5/11/2005 10:56:29 AM
swinger sites are huge these days....it's a huge underground thing that is starting to explode....i don't know what to think of them...to each their own i guess....you can even find sites that promote couple orgies.....like...where you share husband and wife in the same house...

that stuff you saw in eyes wide open happens more often than ppl want to believe i guess....
 SweetChristina
Msg: 9
Posted: 5/11/2005 11:03:05 AM
I saw this too on Dr. Phil. That man was STUPID and looked EVIL. GRRRRR.

I agree with Bunny on this, she took my words out my mouth.
 justaguy13
Msg: 10
Posted: 5/11/2005 11:22:24 AM
PIss me off to no end. They advertise it on TV, radio and in the papers here in Toronto.
 Frrosty
Msg: 11
Posted: 5/11/2005 11:23:58 AM
Ya know thinsg are bad when adultery is becoming a big big business.
 random4
Msg: 12
Posted: 5/11/2005 11:25:57 AM
The worst thing about it is that there are like 85% men singed up. They need to work harder to get more women to cheat. It's just not fair.
 FastMan
Msg: 13
Posted: 5/11/2005 11:26:19 AM
adultery is not new...it's been around for very long long time...it can be traced back to the greeks and romans....even ancient egypt and china...i am surprised ppl are so stunned that adultery occurs....
 RitzNB
Msg: 14
Posted: 5/11/2005 11:31:32 AM
I personally don't approve of these sites. I didn't mention that in my opening post. I guess it's a way of putting together all married people in one place (website) and saving them the time and effort of trying to find the married people on a regular dating website. I guess they don't have to do a weeding type of process. They already know the people on there are married. Apparently the demand for this type of thing is huge and growing. Maybe in a sick type of way the people on there «understand» each other. They have a common goal which would be to cheat on their spouse. Great bonding experience. These people want the best of both worlds. They want the cozy home life and a mistress on the side. They are pretty much leading a double life. Why not just get divorced if they are so miserable in their marriages. By the way, I wasn't sure if I could put the website on here.
 RitzNB
Msg: 15
Posted: 5/11/2005 11:36:20 AM
It's cheating unless your spouse approves, then it's swinging. Cheating is cheating whether you join a club or not. It's like a site for people who steal, doesn't make stealing any different just because you are among other thieves. It's a good business idea for someone with no morals. Maybe if they both keep cheating and changing partners eventually they will work their way back to each other and have it out of their systems.
^^^^^^^
@ random 4
As for the website it's not really for swingers per say. Swinging implies that the couple are in it together. Whether they choose to have a threesome, go to a swingers club, swap partners .... This is more about betrayal. They are sneaking around and trying to pick up partners on their own. It's not out in the open. They don't want to get caught. But then again posting a profile on such a site is pretty much letting the world know you're married and want to screw someone else. I wonder if these people post a picture. Probably not.
 FastMan
Msg: 16
Posted: 5/11/2005 11:36:52 AM
did you ppl know that this is a common practice in some european countries today? where husband will sleep with another woman...and his wife sleep with another man.....and they have no qualms about it...
 JW235
Msg: 17
Posted: 5/11/2005 12:06:13 PM
If you're in a marriage where it's absolutely impossible to get laid...it's time to get the hell out. Sites like these make me sick.
 OnTheBus
Msg: 18
Posted: 5/11/2005 12:06:41 PM
I gotta say that anything that promotes a dishonest marriage or contributes to a marriage breaking up disturbs me.
 Pandy
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 5/11/2005 12:22:31 PM
I've heard a number of women here complain about getting hit on by married men, wish that married men who cheat and married women would cheat would hook up with each other and leave the singles alone. Well, now there's a website for just that, apparently.

As long as they don't hit on me, or hurt someone I love, it's none of my business.
 Wrenchturner
Msg: 20
Posted: 9/13/2011 8:23:33 AM
The difference is the divorce rate.
 viper1j
Msg: 21
Posted: 9/13/2011 9:42:34 AM

i cant stand that! like wtf! basically people are socially accepting cheating and making it NORMAL???

why bother getting married? If you arent happy with your sex life with your spouse rekindle the damn fire!

and if your partner doesnt please you, TEACH THEM!

you can only be as good as your teacher people!

CHEATING is CHEATING no matter which way you look at it.

One can only "cheat" IN a game, or ON a test.

So, which category would you place a relationship/marriage into?
 Greatcatch12345
Msg: 22
Posted: 9/16/2011 1:17:15 AM
I disagree viper...cheating is being dishonest..ie: when u say ur on a business trip ..but in reality ur banging ur secretary at a hotel. Any lie whatsoever is cheating.Marriage vows should be taken more seriously.
 Livinginthereal
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 9/16/2011 4:11:45 AM

The man who started this site claims he has 350,000 members.

Ya all men...
 viper1j
Msg: 24
Posted: 9/16/2011 4:52:04 AM

I disagree viper...cheating is being dishonest..ie: when u say ur on a business trip ..but in reality ur banging ur secretary at a hotel. Any lie whatsoever is cheating.Marriage vows should be taken more seriously.

That's not "cheating". That's being unfaithful.

Words mean things.
 MikeWM
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 9/16/2011 5:16:39 AM
I think its a fantastic idea personally

although I wouldnt condone or aid someone in cheating its their life at the end of the day and they make their own choices

So the only things that really spring to mind here is that

1) People cheat, accept it because no amount of whinging, whining or bitter angst ridden diatribes will stop that happening, Its widerspread and has been going on since society first started to push the concept of matrimonial ownership as a means of controlling a population

2) People on run of the mill mainstream sites throw constant tizzy fits about married people being there even if theyre being honest about their situation. So them having their own specific sites to use should really be seen as a good thing. And I'm sure they will all be able to find some other sin to complain about if all married people left sites like this so their days didnt become empty of purpose or meaning

Complaining about people cheating on the basis of it being "wrong" is about as effective and purposed as complaining about prostitutes or women who have a healthy sex drive and dont have a long list of demands, hoops to be jumped through or tests that need to be passed before they have sex but just have sex when they feel horny with someone they choose to have sex with. NONE of them will decrease, cease to exist nor go off the idea just because other people dont agree with it which is why they have already survived thousands of years and are actually on the increase rather than decrease

I do find it interesting however that far far more time is spent by people decrying the woes of all three than ever seems to be expended on tips to have a healthy fun relationship that somebody wouldnt want to stray from, or on changing the views of women who will make sex seem like the prize at the end of a horrendously long assault course or rerun of its a knock out

Because both groups of things are diametrically opposite and arent by any stretch of the imagination "unrelated" to each other
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Dating websites designed for married people looking for something on the side