Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > Memories hurting      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Methos8
Msg: 1
Memories hurtingPage 1 of 1    
Around the time I started my new job me and my girlfriend broke up.
Was just talking to a friend who still works at my old job where she works too and now I feel really down. Its been like 2 months since we broke up but I still find it hard sometimes especially since I haven't had much luck since then. Not sure what direction to take.
 jrguitar23
Msg: 2
Memories hurting
Posted: 5/11/2005 3:14:46 PM
Take heart, dude. I still think about my ex-wife, and we've been divorced for over a year now. Love is a hard thing to get over, and time is the only cure. Remember this, though; you were alone when you met her, and look how life turned out. When you meet your next partner, you'll feel that familiar flame you felt when you hooked up with your ex...Good luck, dude...J.R. PRESCOTT
 random4
Msg: 3
Memories hurting
Posted: 5/12/2005 6:30:31 AM
Think of your heart like a very big house with many rooms. The people you love will move in and decorate a room. It becomes theirs. Then when the relationship ends, they leave, closing the door to their room. Leave the room as they left it. Welcome them if they ever return. Look forwards, live your life, look after your heart, and welcome anyone new as they move in.
 Sertable
Msg: 4
Memories hurting
Posted: 5/12/2005 11:48:33 AM
Thats a good one random
 Nicolebaby
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Memories hurting
Posted: 5/16/2005 6:52:08 AM
Your Hot!!
You will find a woman! Take this time to be by yourself and have some fun! All you can do is smile and move on! When you feel you are ready date a little! Check out some chics on here! Go out with the guys! Do something you never done! Get Laid! And i wish you happiness!
 princess864
Msg: 6
Memories hurting
Posted: 5/16/2005 1:08:22 PM
Moving on is tough on the heart. People assume your just going to get over a person like that. Truth is healing takes time. All you can do is keep putting one foot in front of the other taking it a day at a time and if that gets to hard just take it minute by minute.
 Suspiria
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Memories hurting
Posted: 5/16/2005 1:39:42 PM
Yeah it sucks having to get over someone. Everything reminds you of her. Songs that you hear on the radio. Mutual friends that you meet on the street. It's hard to completely get away from it. But like random4 already said (which was a beautiful reply by the way), the trick is not to feel like you have to hide from it all. Embrace it as cherished memories. If she's meant to be with you, she'll come back around...
 jimi77
Msg: 8
Memories hurting
Posted: 5/17/2005 6:20:13 PM
sorry to here your pain man.. all you can do is walk forward and keep going.. it sucks..
 itzlaura
Msg: 9
Memories hurting
Posted: 11/12/2005 1:02:40 AM
I know wat u mean...u didnt say anything about ur friend talking about her or not. But if he is, tell him to stop. I dated a guy for 3 yrs and after we broke up, I was threatened and harrassed by his new gf. Then all of a sudden after joining myspace.com in the spring, I started talkin to this guy who seemed to know alot about my ex and me and the stuff going on. I really thought that by him telling me wat was goin on, would make me feel good, but it just made me feel worse. I dunno how to describe how i was feeling, except that by this guy telling me things, i wasnt happy. It was like I wanted to know what was going on, but I didn't...I wanted to know if my ex was happy or unhappy. It was also like I moved on, but it's all coming back to me...almost like haunting me in a way. But i decided that I'm not gunna talk to that one guy anymore and I blocked him on my buddy list.
 mistalover
Msg: 10
Memories hurting
Posted: 11/12/2005 7:50:00 AM
Don't worry man! I felt the EXACT same way you did. I had a breakup in June, and it was rough. It wasn't until recently (November of course) that I started getting people who showed romantic interest in me. But it WILL happen, I can't stress that enough. Keep your chin up, let her do her own thing ... who knows, she may see a new happier you walking around with a newly-found confidence and realize what she missed.
 stats
Msg: 11
Memories hurting, REMEMBER THIS TO THOSE OF YOU THAT ARE HURTING
Posted: 11/12/2005 11:12:30 AM
I CAN REMEMBER MY FRIEND SAYING TO ME WHEN IWAS IN MY EARLY TWENTIES,IT IS BETTER TO HAVE TAKEN THE CHANCE IN LOVE THAN NOT TAKING THE CHANCE AT ALL.WE ALL GET HURT SOMETIME OR ANOTHER IN LIFE,IT TAKES TIME TO HEAL,BUT LIFE GOES ON.YOU NEVER KNOW WHO YOU WILL MEET DOWN THE ROAD AND YOU WILL LEAST EXPECT IT.
 stilllookingforyou2
Msg: 12
Posted: 11/12/2005 11:24:09 AM
Didn't you learn yet? You wish to get hurt over and over? Have sex and fun man!
 TerriSharp46241
Msg: 13
Posted: 11/12/2005 11:26:28 AM
i agree with everything everyone has written here.I feel your pain.Been there not so long ago myself.It does get easier,I promise!LOL,Even though that maybe hard for you to believe right now.Just take it one day at a time.Or if you can't do that 1 hour at a time.Good Luck,Hon.You deserve better!Terri
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > Memories hurting