Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > Where are the real honest women??      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 cbm212
Msg: 1
Where are the real honest women??Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
I am on 4 other sites besides this one. My problem is this. Why do woman say they are honest(not saying that some men aren't the same but i am only interested in woman)so this is from my stand point. The last 4 women I have started talking to have been exactly what I would want in a woman. However each has stopped calling without reason. Am I making to much out of this or falling to quickly....maybe. All I ask is that if I am not their type just tell me so we both can move on without the games. Opinions???
 DarLite
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Where are the real honest women??
Posted: 9/7/2007 3:34:47 PM
WHERE ARE THE REAL HONEST WOMEN................they went by way of the doo...doo bird with the lack of real honest men who leave their children behind for the women to raise for the next 20 to 25 years and never have a life beyond that.
 cbm212
Msg: 3
Posted: 9/7/2007 3:56:26 PM
Ok So it is a vicious cycle and the good people left should just get out of the way. I don't want to be alone but with both sides hurting each other there is no other choice. I know this will be deleted soon. Before the blame game starts.
 *miss13*
Msg: 4
Posted: 9/7/2007 3:59:16 PM
However each has stopped calling without reason.

Without reason??? I think the reason was that they weren't interested

""The last 4 women I have started talking to have been exactly what I would want in a woman.""

But it's not just about you.....they have a choice too and you weren't what they were looking for.
 cotter
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 9/7/2007 4:00:29 PM

We're out there ... but you guys aren't interested.

When you're done chasing the skirts of the "player" ladies, maybe you'll take note of us ...

... and then again, maybe not.
 cbm212
Msg: 6
Posted: 9/7/2007 4:06:12 PM
Ok miss 13 but why not just say that instead of just disappearing altogether (guys have feelings as well)..........and they said they enjoy talking with me and I know it is not just about me.
 cbm212
Msg: 7
Posted: 9/7/2007 4:25:42 PM
Can somebody delete this already???..................We have missed the point of the question.................Which was ....Why cant they tell me they are not interested...........If you say your honest then that would be the way to go .....right????
 cupatea2010
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 9/7/2007 4:26:54 PM
To tell you the honest truth....your profile relects a lot about you. Your up front about the fact that your a regular joe doe who has a job that pays mininum wage and does not have the resources to actually DATE.

Forget about dating because you are not going to DATE anyone. Just looking for women who are within walking range of your place so you can hang out at her place..eat her food and watch t.v...hopefully cable because you don't have it...right?

To tell you the honest truth...Your not looking for a date....on this dating site... but a simple minded wretch who makes more money than you and willing to be a floor mat for your entertainment.
 loyal_friend
Msg: 9
Posted: 9/7/2007 4:37:06 PM
The same can be asked of guys. Where are all the honest ones? I know this thread will be deleted cause the forums are full of these types of questions. Why can't people just be honest and why do manners and human decency go out the window with internet dating sites?

I guess we just have to keep fishing and looking for the one honest one out there!
 cotter
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 9/7/2007 4:37:50 PM
Okay ... from what I'm gathering here, the OP wants to know why the women aren't just up front with him and tell him they are not interested instead of just dropping off the face of the earth.

Well ... because a lot of us have tried that approach and we get "nasty grams" in return ... or we get email after email from the gentleman full of reasons why he is "Mr. Right" ... yadda. yadda, yadda ....

The bottom line ... many were "nice" enough at one point to say, "No thank you ... I don't think we're a match" and the guys didn't play nice. So now the easiest way for many of us to deal with the situation is just to "disappear" as you put it.

cbm212
Msg: 11
Posted: 9/7/2007 4:38:46 PM
Wrong.........I have Direct TV.............Not looking to be a sponge at all...............and I make a lot more than minium wage.............You didn't even answer the question in your (honest speech)................Since it is all my fault can we just delete this post......thanks
 friendly120248
Msg: 12
Posted: 9/7/2007 4:41:40 PM
I beleive there are plenty of honest women & men out there.
There are many reasons for not calling back
For myself I was married for almost 30 years--had a good mariage--but it came to an end.
Maybe I am still looking for what I had --but I don t think it exists anymore--or it is very hard to find--or maybe I have got too old to recognized it I am not sure
It is just a fact of life.
So we keep looking but to no avail
 cbm212
Msg: 13
Posted: 9/7/2007 4:43:15 PM
Thanks ......Cotter .....................A sensible answer to the question........So I should be upfront about it and state that if they aren't interested tell me and I will go
 Bournemouth Lady
Msg: 14
Posted: 9/7/2007 4:45:56 PM
I guess it is the same for both sexes. They join a site hoping to find that special someone but at the same time doubting they ever will on a dating site as there are so many players of both sexes.

Many think they are ready but then come accross someone that they like and then find - oh he /she is really nice and thats when they get cold feet and panic and find the easiest way is to just discontinue chatting/phoning/texting/msning whatevering that person.

Many of us have had this and have been left feeling - okay was it something I said!!!

It is just that we are ready to find that person and they are not.

But yeah it does make you feel very confused!

Just think okay and let it go and move on.

Debbie x
 billbenone
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 9/7/2007 4:47:49 PM
Come on folks. Its a website. Of course many on here are not truthful, many are married, many are messing with peoples heads. Take it all with a grain of salt. You have to know that going in. The water is not always warm. Be as careful as you can and if the results are not what you wanted, try again or go back to the bars.
 cbm212
Msg: 16
Posted: 9/7/2007 4:50:01 PM
Thanks Debbie x.........................Something to think about...........ok so its more of a nervous reaction then them playing games
 QUICKSILVER217
Msg: 17
Posted: 9/7/2007 8:02:17 PM
cbm212, I agree your profile needs an update, I mean what is there to share in what you paint, you in front of a box of one kind or another, it sounds an incredibly lonely existence. I would also be thinking about a man who doesn't drive or can't make an effort to go some distance for true love.
The women who have just dropped out of the scene, aren't playing games, they probably just didn't want to hurt your feelings. I've met men who never contacted me again, I just figured I wasn't want they wanted - I didn't feel a need to get hung up over it - its not an honesty problem at all - just a different take on courtesy on kindness.
You know if you can't say something nice - don't say anything at all line, it just sounds really cold to announce, well had a nice time, thankyou, but I never ever want to see you again, just the thankyou would suffice...if he wanted more contact - well he would follow up - either way - no big deal!
 cuba bay
Msg: 18
Posted: 9/7/2007 8:23:57 PM
cbm....you ask.....where are the honest women......

you say....you are on four other sites....you say....you have talked to four women....all of them are exactly what you are looking for.....but all four of these women....stop talking to you after a while....without a reason...

ok...clearly you dont understand a few things....so im going to help you....this is the way the world works....im sure youre only 17....and you dont know how things work yet....but dont worry....ill clear it all up for you....

the women that stop talking to you....have no interest in you....you are not what they are looking for....they worked this out....from the few conversations you already had with them.....so now you will ask....why wont they just tell me this....why just ignore me.....well thats easy.....they dont see you as a real person....to them....you are just another face on a computer screen....they move onto the next man that interests them....and you are just forgotten....i hope this has helped you....baby brother....
 cotter
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 9/7/2007 8:37:20 PM

... ok so its more of a nervous reaction then them playing games
That's one possibility.

Another that I have found is that no matter how tactfully it's stated ... some just can't handle the rejection.

OR

Worse (IMO), they honestly do not know the meaning of "tactful".

They really either lack the appropriate manners, or vocabulary to tactfully tell someone that they're just not feeling the "sparks" necessary for them to continue. Some notice it immediately, others don't really notice it until after several contacts. Regardless, they just don't do well with "tactfulness".

I don't know anyone who enjoys being rejected. And even though most men will tell you that they have been dealing with it since middle school / jr. high school ... I doubt that one ever really gets used to it.

I believe that if we go into each contact with the idea that no matter how things turn out that we will still have a friend in the end ... we might save ourselves some level of "rejection".

When I meet a gentleman ... whether from here on POF or someone introduces me to them ... I make myself no promises. I try not to read into anything any deeper than an acquaintance ... friend. If something more comes from it ... that's wonderful. If not, I hope I still have a friend and so the level of "rejection" is greatly reduced.
 Misty_Rain
Msg: 20
Posted: 9/7/2007 8:37:45 PM
Hmm, I guess it goes for both gender's. You may be right about falling to quickly. Women don't want a man who seems too needy too fast. Take your time.
Depending on your age as well, you may be just meeting the wrong kind of woman. For ie: I'm 32 and seem to find men who are looking for fun only. That really sucks as I would like something more. I hope you find what/who you are seeking. Best of luck!
 becca210
Msg: 21
Posted: 9/7/2007 8:49:16 PM
Wow....you've not even been on this site for 30 days and you have met women...and you are already complaining that they aren't honest.
Can you stand the TRUTH? Can most of us?
In my opinion, not calling is the easiest/cop out way to tell you the truth......they are no
longer interested. Haven't you done the same thing??
You have to talk to anyone long enough to decide YES or NO.....give the whole thing time.
It seems to me a lot of people are quick to judge (both the site and its members).
What would everyone do if we didn't have this venue (the internet)?? We would have to
get dressed and go out and do it the old fashioned way!
Consider you blessings and don't be in such a rush....if you are looking for a relationship...it takes time.....if you want to get laid.....that's another game.
Becca
 Naughtical
Msg: 22
Posted: 9/7/2007 8:50:29 PM
The OP has left the house.

Why would he ask a question and not stick around for the answers? He didn't even stick it out on this site for a month. Geeeez.............some people are just so impatient.
 vic31768
Msg: 23
Posted: 9/7/2007 8:54:50 PM
BASICALLY, I THINK EVERYONE ON DATING SITES IS FULL OF CRAP AND THEY ARE EITHER PLAYING GAMES AND NOT SERIOUS OR THEY ARE JUST A BUNCH OF JERKS...END OF DISCUSSION!!!
 Naughtical
Msg: 24
Posted: 9/7/2007 9:08:17 PM
vic: why are you YELLING? Not nice and as I said.......THE OP IS GONE.

I am on a dating site:
I am not full of crap
I am not playing games
I am not a jerk

SO YOU ARE WRONG !!!
 Teagmhail
Msg: 25
Posted: 9/7/2007 9:20:42 PM

The last 4 women I have started talking to have been exactly what I would want in a woman.

Wow! 4? Really? That's a pretty good tally of women who have exactly what you're looking for, but yet they keep bailing out on you. 4 women/1 you... common denominator??? You.

I will tell a man right away if I am not interested in him romantically. It is not a problem for me, but for some it is. Some people abhor conflict of any kind, so the run away.
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > Where are the real honest women??