Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > Why do Cheaters run and hide when caught?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Belle54
Msg: 1
Why do Cheaters run and hide when caught?Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Really? Why hide? Why 'get lost?' Why stay under the eyesight of the friends/family Cheater has?

If I'm going to cheat and get caught I'm sure as hell NOT going to run and hide, everyone already knows sooo I would take the looks, snide comments from others and go on with life and KNOW it's something I would NOT do again.

I suppose the Cheater is waiting for a 'cooling down' period(Roll Eyes here), there is no cooling down period until all has been faced and talked about.

If a person has the guts to cheat then they have should have the guts to face the music.

Belle
 Irish Eyez
Msg: 2
Why do Cheaters run and hide when caught?
Posted: 9/14/2007 5:03:35 AM

Really? Why hide? Why 'get lost?' Why stay under the eyesight of the friends/family Cheater has?

If I'm going to cheat and get caught I'm sure as hell NOT going to run and hide, everyone already knows sooo I would take the looks, snide comments from others and go on with life and KNOW it's something I would NOT do again.

I suppose the Cheater is waiting for a 'cooling down' period(Roll Eyes here), there is no cooling down period until all has been faced and talked about.

Like anything, it's all too easy for one ( the cheater in this case ) to point the finger and not take responsibility.
 tomozzo
Msg: 3
Posted: 9/14/2007 5:30:04 AM
^^^^^^^^not sure about the first two posts above me or what they mean but.....

cheaters are like****oaches . when you turn the light on them they scatter and hide under any cover they can find.
 S.L.A.M
Msg: 4
Posted: 9/14/2007 6:20:57 AM
That's why I watch "cheaters" on TV. It's so funny to see the look on the cheaters face when they are CAUGHT!

PRICELESS!!

Cheaters has gotta be the best show EVER!!

SassySky
Msg: 5
Posted: 9/14/2007 12:12:16 PM
S.L.A.M. I have to agree with you gotta love it when they are so busted....
 brazenangel
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 9/14/2007 12:28:34 PM
love the c. o. c k roach comment very funny. in my opinion serial cheaters don't learn from getting caught. its the act of cheating that gets them off, not what goes on in the relationship. whoo hoo what a prize - NOT!! the "omg i can't believe this happened - what have i done" cheater that is sick to their stomach and worried, will hopefully learn from their mistakes. the serial cheater, i would just leave without a word about the cheating, no explanation except "this aint working for me, you dont know how to please a woman with that thingy of yours" (yes i would be cruel) the "omg i did something stupid", may be salvageable to work on - it depends. jmo
 nebula22
Msg: 7
Posted: 9/14/2007 1:08:26 PM
My ex wife cheated and lied.! The way she dealt with it was to constantly accuse me of cheating. She always had things to say to my family and children about my lifestyle behind my back. She would put me down and say things about my work habits and friends.. Then after she ran off with another guy that lived close to her mother and did everything she could to destroy my life, she got caught commiting perjury. I got the children.. Over a year later she asked me for another chance. I was still in love with her and gave her another chance.. She lived with me and the kids for 7 years before i married her again.. Years went by , the kids were grown and i caught her lying again.. We got divorced again and she again tried to blame me.. Then my drunk cousin told that he had screwed her shortly after our first marriage while i was at work.. The cat was really out of the bag.. Now she wants me to forgive her for everything and even wants me to marry her again.. I screw her but tell her that when i find my true mate i will not hesitate to follow my heart. Brooke who is 23 and loves me called again this morning.. What do you think i should do?
 Knightsilver
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 9/14/2007 1:26:38 PM
When you get down to it.....cheaters are JUST COWARDS!..skilled at lying, to try and cover up and so on and so forth...now aday, it appears as if the liar is getting glorified while the good guys are 'tagged' as stupid...this generation has turned things around... next thing we know by be...murder is OK...while helping an elderly across the street gets you thrown in jail!!!f or harrassment!!
 lovelyangel1
Msg: 9
Posted: 9/14/2007 2:15:58 PM
How do you catch a cheater?
 brazenangel
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 9/14/2007 2:16:33 PM
dear knight, i agree cheaters are cowards and more, but i don't agree about the liar getting glorified while the good guys are tagged as stupid. maybe in high school i was attracted to the bad boy, but at my age, i appreciate a nice guy... not a doormat, but nice and someone that can handle me as i can be a handful.
 lovelyangel1
Msg: 11
Posted: 9/14/2007 2:16:38 PM
 Arlo Troutman
Msg: 12
Posted: 9/14/2007 2:26:57 PM

Why would you want one?

!Les
 il_girl_4_u
Msg: 13
Posted: 9/14/2007 2:44:44 PM
Belle, Seems to be that situation with all of us........The world has gone to crap, it seems. What happen to old fashion values? If ya love someone, then love them, dont be out sleepin with the whole world...........Such a shame!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 lovelyangel1
Msg: 14
Posted: 9/14/2007 2:56:43 PM
arlo Troutman not funny!! being that this thread is about why do cheaters run and hide I just thought that how do you catch one that this post is appropirate to ask!!I do not want one maybe you want one and because you find this thread funny you are guilty of it and with that name troutman you have been swimming in a lot of bedrooms!!!!!
 cupatea2010
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 9/14/2007 3:19:18 PM
I agree but most cheaters will twist and turn everything around that YOUR the guilty one that is spying and being paranoid. Getting into THEIR business..how dare you!!
 Arlo Troutman
Msg: 16
Posted: 9/14/2007 3:54:39 PM
From your profile:

I have a great sense of humor.I am fair.I like to have fun and I am fun.

From your post:

arlo Troutman not funny!! being that this thread is about why do cheaters run and hide I just thought that how do you catch one that this post is appropirate to ask!!I do not want one maybe you want one and because you find this thread funny you are guilty of it and with that name troutman you have been swimming in a lot of bedrooms!!!!!

Uh-HUH...

!Les
 lovelyangel1
Msg: 17
Posted: 9/14/2007 4:06:35 PM
arloTroutman and your point is? I am here for the forums!! I will take out I like to have fun
 sweet_coastal_gal
Msg: 18
Posted: 9/15/2007 2:52:33 AM
men especially run and hide when caught cheating as either
a/ they have really small genetials and need to cheat to feel better about their inadequecies or
b/ they are little boys in adults bodies who are down right pathetic cowards!!!!

doesnt take a rocket science to figure that one out people!!!!!
 PolicyOfTruth
Msg: 19
Posted: 9/15/2007 2:59:57 AM
artisticnature -

LOL - I love both options of yours, but from my own experience of this particular issue ...
I support your "plan b" 110% - that is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO true!

Have a great weekend all!
 nev46
Msg: 20
Posted: 9/15/2007 3:28:24 AM
Well that didnt take long. Only 18 replies. Females do it just as much, so i have found out the hard way. Anyway, they cheat because they dont think they will get caught and when they do get caught , they still try and lie about it . And when that doesnt work, they blame the other person to try and justify it. Or they run and hide , hoping over time people will forget or just not care about it anymore.
 swtcarolinej
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 9/15/2007 4:53:26 AM
This is very interesting because the loser I was seeing, hid out for 7 months then resurfaced just to see if I still was carrying the torch and unforturnately I was.. Damn!!! so I had to start the healing process all over again!! It still hurts hes in the hiding mode again now..I want to say good riddance but its still hard I loved the pig!!I just dont get it tho why leave someone who loves you unconditionally for an ugly nasty excuse of a woman!!Someday I will get passed this and I know Im a better person to have gone thru it however I wouldnt wish this pain on anyone...he taught me alot of negative crapeven at my age Like dont trust ANYONE!!! I useto hear people say that and Id say thats sad you need to trust NOT!!! now I get it... hugs to all no one deserves to be cheated on!!! respect is the key respect yourself and never be a doormat ...no matter how much you care for someone!!can someone help me down off my soapbox!!!!??????hugs
 Belle54
Msg: 22
Posted: 9/15/2007 5:43:46 AM
(((Hugs Jewel1954))).

I have walked in your shoes and like you I won't trust a man again as the images of the man walking out the door would have my mind thinking , who is he going to meet'

I can't do that to myself nor to a man who just may be true blue.

Belle
 stumpy1970
Msg: 23
Posted: 9/16/2007 1:07:24 PM
I can hardly forget myself, as my wife walked down the hall out of our lives. Leaving two kids behind her, a stay at home husband ( by her choice mind you ) for the last nine years, an empty bank account ( which she emptied without me knowing at the time she walked out), maxed out credit cards, and unpaid household bills which she said she had paid, and the rent hadn't been paid as well. Can this be any worse, yes.

She makes her parents feel guilty for the decisions she has made. She took the van away from us when she had a new sports car...does the list go on ....oh yeah, she doesn't pay child support, she doesn't call her kids.....

I am finding it hard to trust women again.

so why do they cheat, they can't handle life in general, lying, cheating, pointing fingers is always easier on the one doing it all. That way they don't have to mature. They are selfish plain and simple. Little or no morals. I think there is a fundamental problem in people like this.
 ShannonL1
Msg: 24
Posted: 9/16/2007 9:27:13 PM
my husband left me and our 4 children after 19 years together for his 24 year old **** he was cheating with. like you he left me nothing but bills and he pays no support or calls his kids. he says they don't need him however they are all between 11 and 16 years old , one being a 13 year old son. has the world gone mad? I hear more and more of these situations and it breaks my heart.
Posted: 9/16/2007 9:43:13 PM
They can't face the reality they created. They hide because it screws up thier world of deceit. It doesn't take guts to cheat u just have to not mind lying and not really give a darn about the other person.
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > Why do Cheaters run and hide when caught?