Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > How you handle a pissed off girlfriend.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 merry0709
Msg: 1
How you handle a pissed off girlfriend.Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
How would you handle this. You have been seeing a woman a few months. Things are going well. Everything is pretty good and secure. She is very accomodating, not pushy about the relationship, but there for you when you want to be with her. One day you are tired and in a foul mood, and make some passing edgy remark to her about maybe her hair or the way she does something. Just a little picky thing because your just in a foul mood. She doesn`t make a big deal of it but you can tell that she is pissed off.
Next time you call her, she won`t return your calls, just totally won`t have any contact with you. What do you do? Do you apologize? How long do you try to get in touch with her? Or do just chalk it up and quickly move on?
 Manmademan0083
Msg: 2
view profile
History
How you handle a pissed off girlfriend.
Posted: 9/22/2007 11:37:55 AM
If you've been dating for a few months, you definitely should give apologizing or sending flowers or something a shot. Definitely don't just write off the relationship due to one minor argument.

Fights happen. how you handle them means the difference between a good relationship and a bad one.
 Banter-er
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 9/22/2007 11:38:12 AM
Why would you not apologize?
 etourdi
Msg: 4
Posted: 9/22/2007 11:41:04 AM
If it were me I would go on with my life ,can't apologize if she isn't answering, if she wants to be a part of my life cool, if not chalk it up to experience.Learn from it.In the future don't take your foul mood out on someone about whom you care!
 rejectingall
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 9/22/2007 11:45:15 AM
Women hold grudges forever...

She'll bring up your transgression every time she can and beat you over the head with it.

Tell a woman that you think she put too much salt in something she cooked and you have insulted ALL of her cooking.

Tell a woman that you liked her hair better "the other way" and you have insulted her looks. But you did notice the new hairdoo...
Or if you say you like the new hairstyle better... you are insulting the way she used to look.
(This is why we don't say anything about new hairstyles.. WE CAN'T WIN!)

Once you have made a woman mad... give up.
It doesn't matter what the guy did... its a capital offense.
 Winter Sparkle
Msg: 6
Posted: 9/22/2007 11:48:25 AM
^^^ I like fredhh!

Apologize to her. Don't let it happen again!
 swamp thing
Msg: 7
Posted: 9/22/2007 11:56:30 AM
She would have to stay under the stairs until her sweetness returned.
 blueberryman
Msg: 8
Posted: 9/22/2007 12:39:31 PM
beg beg beg beg beg give her a newspaper and tell her to smack you on the nose lmao
 Mr Fahrenheit
Msg: 9
Posted: 9/22/2007 12:48:28 PM

If it were me I would go on with my life ,can't apologize if she isn't answering

I'm not sure what more you would need to know other than this, based on the scenario presented. Somewhere out there is someone who will talk to me and return my calls and not whine later on that I don't talk to them.
 Karrpilot
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 9/22/2007 12:52:40 PM
Just sit back in your easy chair with a tumbler of Bourbon over ice in one hand and a cigar in the other. But do this the next time she comes over. And then tell her you are trying to get into a better mood. And if she continues to scream and rant at you, pour another one and fire off another cigar. Then tell her to get out.
 ruckus123
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 9/22/2007 1:02:42 PM
she'll call you when she is good and ready.
 Libertine154
Msg: 12
Posted: 9/22/2007 1:05:55 PM
Women keep grudges forever? I didnt know that....wow...

OP, how much does she and the relationship mean to you? It sounds like she took your comment waaaay too much to heart. However, if you realize you said just because you were feeling grouchy, you should have apologized right away.

You may have done this already, but leave a voicemail/email saying you are sorry. If she cant accept your apology, thats her issue. Besides, if she is going to get that bent out of shape because of a snarky comment, how stable is she anyway?
 WooZoo
Msg: 13
Posted: 9/22/2007 1:16:33 PM
OP: Dude, you messed up. So fess up... Say that you are sorry and mean it.
Perhaps she'll forgive you... perhaps not.
 lovebahi
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 9/22/2007 1:23:23 PM
One of the best quality that keep a relationship alive is tolerance!
 Mr Fahrenheit
Msg: 15
Posted: 9/22/2007 1:23:52 PM
Ummm... y'all... the OP is a woman. I believe she is the one not calling the guy back. I think she's trying to figure out what's going to happen with the dude she's giving the cold shoulder to. Guys can't start threads in the Ask a Guy forum.
 ruckus123
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 9/22/2007 1:29:05 PM
[[Ummm... y'all... the OP is a woman. I believe she is the one not calling the guy back. I think she's trying to figure out what's going to happen with the dude she's giving the cold shoulder to. Guys can't start threads in the Ask a Guy forum.]]

HAHhaahaaaa...DUH ME......

In that case, she should get a puppy and take it for daily walks.
 9 to 9
Msg: 17
Posted: 9/22/2007 1:33:10 PM
Msg. 1

Well if shes going to be pissy, then let her. If she stays pissy for too long move on. Give her 2 days, if she hasnt resolved her issue by then, walk. Leave her a voice mail goodbye, and find something sweeter and more loving.

Who really wants to waste their time on someone who won't return your phone calls, within a day. Or acts like a total PMS headcase and expects you to just deal with it while they arn't? After all a person might have to deal with that in their daily life, why tolerate it in their romantic life?

Move on, there are sweeter and better women elsewhere.

Yup, definately move on, and quickly.
 Wishes Granted
Msg: 18
Posted: 9/22/2007 3:42:16 PM
Well.. not to many, it would appear, have read the Op's profile. SHE is putting out a scenario and (I think) looking to see how a guy would react to being ignored.

She doesn`t make a big deal of it but you can tell that she is pissed off.

I wouldn't assume that he could tell you were pissed off. Question Guys: Don't most of you have a problem with hints?

If he's trying to reach you and you're not answering, he might be thinkin you bailed on him and be wondering what he did for you to bolt??? ... maybe!

... Or, what Swamp Thing said
 allshookup98
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 9/22/2007 3:42:16 PM
I have very little patience with moody people. Most of the time when I'm with someone that tends to take things out on me that I have nothing to do with.

I move on very quickly maybe she feels the same way about crybabies as I do.

The ones mad at the world just because something bad has happened to them.

Just because you are in a bad mood don't take it out on her.
 RockGnome
Msg: 20
Posted: 9/22/2007 5:56:08 PM

Next time you call her, she won`t return your calls, just totally won`t have any contact with you. What do you do?

If she couldn't get over it, I'd simply move on... without her.

Been my experience that when people love each other, they will
allow the other's bad days to slide by with forgiveness.

People do after all, have bad days.
 crane man
Msg: 21
Posted: 9/22/2007 7:08:21 PM
To the Op, she isn't calling you back, what the heck did you say? Most women will usually give you a chance to apologize before kicking you to the curb. How many days has this been going on? Also why do you have a profile here if you have been dating for a few months? Maybe she found out about it and that is why she won't call you.
 Discofied
Msg: 22
Posted: 9/22/2007 7:19:57 PM
Not taking his calls is just childish. How can he apologize if he doesn't get the opportunity?
Giving someone the silent treatment just isn't fair. He shouldn't have taken his bad mood out of you; now you're doing the same thing to him.
It's time to grow up....
 Karrpilot
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 9/22/2007 7:40:42 PM
Not taking calls? I thought that was standard operating proceadure in the dating game.
 quiettom
Msg: 24
Posted: 9/22/2007 7:53:17 PM
If she is that easily offended and refuses to take your calls, then apology might be a bit tricky. If she is that childish, it is time to move on.

and think...do you want to pursue a relationship when she won't even talk to you?
 FIERY REDHEAD1
Msg: 25
Posted: 9/22/2007 9:24:54 PM
How is it that this guy admits to being foul and makes some "passing edgy remark" and all of a sudden it is the girlfriend that is being labelled as immature, a grudge holder, childish and some other ridiculous adjectives.
Suffice it to say that perhaps whatever you labelled as passing and edgy may have been substantially more significant to her. And why is it that we are expected to turn the other cheek when someone is being hurtful or ignorant?
Perhaps she saw a small sample of the true you and decided to take her show on the road. Guess she's not all that accommodating after all.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > How you handle a pissed off girlfriend.