Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > What makes a player?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ~Scoundrel~
Msg: 1
What makes a player?Page 1 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
The word player is kicked around this forum a lot and I’m unclear what the word means to women.

If a man is attractive to many women and he indulges in the pleasures they offer him, does that automatically make him a player?

Alternatively, is a player a man who lies about himself, his job or does whatever it takes to bed a woman?
 piscesmom
Msg: 2
What makes a player?
Posted: 9/29/2007 1:15:21 PM
IMHO, a player is someone that agrees to be in an exclusive relationship with a women then emails, calls, chats with and asks and or agrees to meet with other women, including but not limited to ex girlfriends and does not tell you about it. In my particular case, he tries to turn it around on you that you have issues and he is just pursing them as "friends".

A player is someone who tells women what they want to hear, instead of the truth.

A player is someone who lies about anything that would make him seem more appealing to the women he wants to date, have sex with, etc.

I could probably think of more, but it is a beautiful Saturday and I am going to go enjoy it minus my ex-player!
 ~Scoundrel~
Msg: 3
What makes a player?
Posted: 9/29/2007 2:21:13 PM
Alright. So what do you call a man that makes love to many women, but is truthful with them about it?
 Kynnie
Msg: 4
What makes a player?
Posted: 9/29/2007 2:53:23 PM
Ditto to piscesmom.

what do you call a man that makes love to many women, but is truthful with them about it?

Well lets be absolutely correct here, you cant sugarcoat it by saying making love when that simply isnt the case. Most ppl r lucky to find love once in a lifetime, so to equate sex with making love is not only offensive, but erroneous in application.
So dont play word games and rephrase the question for exactly what it is.
"what do you call a man that has sex with multiple partners, but is truthful with them about it?"
If the man was a woman, she'd be called a slut & all the expletives that follow on from that.....and I personally cant see any reason why the same labels shouldnt apply.
Why men like to pretend to themselves that multiple sex partners are representative of themselves being a good lover is beyond me.
 christi66
Msg: 5
view profile
History
What makes a player?
Posted: 9/29/2007 3:06:04 PM
scoundrel .... a player is someone like you who admits you keep left over panties and what not left by your many flings in a box , and when they get there you offer them to look in the box to find their panties among other girls panties .
 grizzelda
Msg: 6
view profile
History
What makes a player?
Posted: 9/29/2007 3:10:12 PM

Alright. So what do you call a man that makes love to many women, but is truthful with them about it?

I would call him a man that I am not interested in! Buddy you arent making love to women you are ****in them. Stop trying to put lipstick on a pig. HAHAHHAHA

What do all these women you are makin love to call you when you tell them about all your buddies?
 amelodyforadrian
Msg: 7
What makes a player?
Posted: 9/29/2007 3:28:36 PM
A few years ago, I became a player. I got addicted to the whole online BS game that it is, and boy it went to my head. I got a huge ego. I had men worshipping the ground I walked on. My phone was ringing off the hook. I didn't want a bf, but they all wanted me. I was at a club one night and kissed three different guys, and they all knew about it, I was so open about it. I didn't give men the time of day unless they were hot as hell, and even then, they had to play by my rules. If they screwed up, i dumped them fast. If they didn't call, fine, I had ten others who would. If they didn't want to take me out, it's ok, I had others who would. I had so many men after me....I was the bomb. And all it took was arrogance, a ''you'll never have me'' attitude, and flirting with men and making them feel like I really wanted them, even if I didn't.

Then a funny thing happened. Things changed. I wanted a boyfriend/ a relationship. I began to actively seek it out. My true personality came out. Someone who was kind, caring, committed, and loving and loyal. And all the men ran in the opposite direction.

I would assume a male player is very similiar.
 HotWelderchick
Msg: 8
What makes a player?
Posted: 9/29/2007 4:09:36 PM
****Alright. So what do you call a man that makes love to many women, but is truthful with them about it?

I would call him an honest medical liability!!!
 amelodyforadrian
Msg: 9
What makes a player?
Posted: 9/29/2007 4:38:49 PM
A Man HO
A Man slut

There should be a term for these idiots. Telling women that she is one of many and having her be ok with that, is just proof of how dumb women can be. There always will be women who think they will be the one to change the bad boy, make him desire only her. There will always be the woman who wants what someone else has.

I think these women probably try very hard to outdo one another in the bedroom and compete to see who can win you over. Meaning they're probably the ones doing all the work, while he just sits back and enjoys himself. I've found that men who brag about how great they are in bed, usually are the ones who suck the worst.

So are all these women only with you, or do they sleep with other men as well as you? See that's where the danger lies. You're sleeping with a lot of women, but you're also sleeping with all the men they've been with as well. A condom only goes so far.
 Mafiachixrule
Msg: 10
What makes a player?
Posted: 9/29/2007 4:56:21 PM

Alternatively, is a player a man who lies about himself, his job or does whatever it takes to bed a woman?

IMO, dishonesty in any form is playing games. Or a "player" if you will. I can spot a player a mile away.
Why? Because players *always* do the chasing, in my experience.
Tell an over zealous man he has the ugliest shirt on you've ever seen and he'll be following you around all night. HA HA!! Say my name, ______!!

If a man is attractive to many women and he indulges in the pleasures they offer him, does that automatically make him a player?

The key word here is "offer".
Men are hunters, and if the prey wants to lay down, they are submitting.
Not much "game" there. Players actively seek challenge/game.

I feel the term "player" is completely overused and subjective to each individual.
And quite frankly, lame as hell or an excuse to label someone that doesn't want a committed relationship.

I've found that men who brag about how great they are in bed, usually are the ones who suck the worst.

OMG, who you telling?
That should be on a postcard or a cocktail napkin [pun intended]. LMAO!!
 piscesmom
Msg: 11
What makes a player?
Posted: 9/29/2007 5:50:24 PM
"I've found that men who brag about how great they are in bed, usually are the ones who suck the worst. "

I just have to say TOUCHE!!!!

(sorry, I dont have the whole thing down how you quote someone without just retyping what they said)

MsMicki
Msg: 12
view profile
History
What makes a player?
Posted: 9/29/2007 5:57:37 PM
Quote Scoundrel: Alright. So what do you call a man that makes love to many women, but is truthful with them about it?

a scoundrel
 stephany_89
Msg: 13
What makes a player?
Posted: 9/29/2007 6:33:34 PM
To me a player is someone who goes around and flirts with a lot of people, and leads everyone on. Its okay to do nice things for people, but theres a line. You weren't put on this earth to please everyone, and if you want to please people then find yourself a lady and be 100% devoted to her and no other woman.
 Wishes Granted
Msg: 14
What makes a player?
Posted: 9/29/2007 9:25:42 PM
I'd say a player is the flame that attracts many moths!
 ~Scoundrel~
Msg: 15
What makes a player?
Posted: 9/30/2007 3:20:12 AM
Is it so hard to believe that I’ve had a special connection with many intelligent, attractive and talented women? These women are my weakness and women some how have the ability to know and exploit it.

If I lie about the women I‘m seeing, I’m a “player.” If I tell the truth, I’m a braggart.

I can think of no rhetoric to escape this dilemma, so I’ll give you a quote from Nicholas Rowe's 1703 play The Fair Penitent.

"I am a fool for wine and women. I spend my nights lost in a sea of flesh. Countless moments spin by my head like champagne bubbles. I cannot ignore my desires, nor shall I attempt to. I may be punished for all my earthly sins, but rewarded with the pleasures of the flesh."
 Kynnie
Msg: 16
What makes a player?
Posted: 9/30/2007 4:16:37 AM

If I lie about the women I‘m seeing, I’m a “player.” If I tell the truth, I’m a braggart

WHY would it even come up in normal conversation?
If your directing a conversation towards it repeatedly, it does makes u a braggart.

These women are my weakness and women some how have the ability to know and exploit it

I have a weakness for pizza, but its not the pizzas fault.
And ur pulling intelligent, attractive and talented women you say?
Go figure... that would make me brilliant.
 *~*ChardyGirl*~*
Msg: 17
What makes a player?
Posted: 9/30/2007 4:49:29 AM
To "Scoundrel".......Pleeeeasse!! You really are NOT all that (ive looked at your profile),& quite frankly,you are one of the least attractive/desirable men ive seen on here...+ ALL your posts are very pompous,arrogant,& not appealing.........!!!!!
You want to know the real meaning of the word,"player" to women ?? Go & have a look in the mirror.........................
 amelodyforadrian
Msg: 18
What makes a player?
Posted: 9/30/2007 5:14:37 AM
I read the profile and he's definitely full of himself. A HUGE turn off for me. And frankly the looks aren't much better. I abhor arrogance and facial hair too for that matter.

I find it funny you'll stick your stick into any available hole except for the back door. Are you afraid it will rot off? It's seriously funny coming from a guy who indiscrimately has sex with anyone and everyone.

I think there is another name for what you are: sex addict....you might want to get help for that
 ~Scoundrel~
Msg: 19
What makes a player?
Posted: 9/30/2007 10:00:43 AM
There are so many haters here. If you girls hate me so much, why do you keep posting in my thread? You are like little monkeys, all dancing to my tune.

WHY would it even come up in normal conversation?
If you’re directing a conversation towards it repeatedly, it does makes u a braggart.

I didn’t bring it up. I asked the women here to define the term “player” and you girls decided to comment on
on my lifestyle. Go back and read this thread.

I have a weakness for pizza, but its not the pizzas fault.

Pizza doesn’t offer to buy you a drink. Pizza doesn’t ask for your phone number. Pizza doesn’t call you up and ask to come over and polish your knob.

I find it funny you'll stick your stick into any available hole except for the back door. Are you afraid it will rot off? It's seriously funny coming from a guy who indiscrimately has sex with anyone and everyone.

You know nothing of how often or whom I have sex with.

Have you ever seen the movie Alfie with Jude Law? There is a scene where a woman looks at Alfie and asks her friend what all the women see in him. Then Alfie smile at her and she melts. I’m not comparing myself to Jude Law. I’m merely using this scene to illustrate what often happens in my life.

Do you remember when you were dating that great guy, with a great job and he was everything you ever said you wanted, but then you left him for a guy in a leather jacket on a motorcycle? I’m the latter guy!
 jtw1974
Msg: 20
What makes a player?
Posted: 9/30/2007 10:14:10 AM
There is no movie Alfie w/Jude Law. Never happened. The only one I know of had Michael Caine. That Jude Law thing was just a mass hallucination.
 codeegirl
Msg: 21
What makes a player?
Posted: 9/30/2007 10:22:31 AM

A biohazard
 MAPT
Msg: 22
view profile
History
What makes a player?
Posted: 9/30/2007 10:31:08 AM

There is no movie Alfie w/Jude Law. Never happened. The only one I know of had Michael Caine.

Did that movie have dancing monkeys in it too???

What makes a player?

Apparently a thread and a good imagination... and some dancing monkeys too

JMHO
MAPT
 Wishes Granted
Msg: 23
What makes a player?
Posted: 9/30/2007 11:36:09 AM

NO! I do not believe that it does.

Pizza doesn't call you up and ask to come over and polish your knob.

If a man takes up a woman's offer to "polish their knob" then I would suspect that the knob-polisher is in the same frame of mind as the one getting polished. (to use your terminolgy)

However, if your main objective is to get your knob-a-shiney and you have led the "polisher" to believe that she is the only one that will be using her spit and shinola on you .. then that would make you a player.

When looking at your profile and the testimonials therein, I would assume that the girls who are tooting the wonderfulness of you, were well aware of the dynamics of your lifestyle.

You are honest in your intentions and IMO honesty allows for any woman who gets involved with you to make an informed decision as to whether or not she should.

With that being said.. I would be curious to hear how you dis-engage yourself from the ones who have fallen "addicted" to your awesomeness??

~ Wishes ~
 alexandria_gal
Msg: 24
view profile
History
What makes a player?
Posted: 9/30/2007 2:35:28 PM

A man hoe?

OP: I read your profile, and all I can say is I hope that thing is a joke.

curlygrl
Msg: 25
view profile
History
What makes a player?
Posted: 9/30/2007 2:43:36 PM
Too funny- I think your profile is hysterical
and your first testimony had me rolling.
God- people are so serious.

deffinition of player according to Vivian (thats me) -

A guy that you allow to treat you like shit and don't take any
blame for his actions against you - so if he is a player- You
allowed him to play you. Lets face it. We know when we are
being blown. Most people turn a blind eye instead of looking
at it head on.
You get what you want- if he is not giving you what you want you
walk away.

curlygrl~
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > What makes a player?