Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > Female Martial Arts      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 homer1916
Msg: 1
Female Martial ArtsPage 1 of 1    
Do any girls here do martial arts and can a blackbelt really beat a man??????
I have heard stories of girls kicking lads asses but its hard to believe. If a girl has blackbelt can she really give a lad a good hiding and if so why is there no clips on the likes of youtube showing genuine female martial artist kicking a lads ass?????????
There must be people who have stories or girls with martial rts experience here???
 sesquipadalian
Msg: 2
Female Martial Arts
Posted: 10/23/2007 10:36:31 PM
I don't know about videos that show a girl "kicking a lads ..." , but there are female mixed martial artists out there who fight other females. Do a google or youtube search on Gina Carano for an example. I sure as heck wouldn't want to fight her lol.
 MrGuyCaballero
Msg: 3
Female Martial Arts
Posted: 10/23/2007 11:00:56 PM
I'm comfortable admitting that Tara LaRosa would probably kick the ever-living bejesus out of my a$$, but don't worry so much about belts. A black belt from a McDojo doesn't always mean much.
 Shao-Lynn
Msg: 4
Female Martial Arts
Posted: 3/25/2009 9:26:10 PM
I agree with you mrguycaballero. Not all Black Belts are decided based on a certain high standard in a lot of cases, unfortunately. Sometimes the are granted the coveted belt based on their own level of personal accomplishment.
Any self respeting martial artist is not gonna make a video of themselves kicking the crap out of someone out of pure disapline and respect for their Master and Do Jo.
However, if I was in the situation that I had no other choice but to throw down and as a black belt going for second degree...there is no doubt in my mind that I could defend myself.
The last guy I dated waa rather suprized by how fast and effectively I could tap him out when he was being a brat. I think in that case he liked it, but none the less he didnt really see it coming and had no opportunity to react. As well, a trained fighter knows how to position in an offensive and defensive way to suit their need. A non fighter can use brute force and that is usually all they have.
I have been in many sactioned fights and trained for years, a guys off the street has no where near the expierence so I really dont think he has a huge advantage.
Size can be a factor but not always.
 tyboxer
Msg: 5
Female Martial Arts
Posted: 4/8/2009 10:41:20 AM
I totally agree that it depends on what dojo you have been to and what you have learned. I have been trained to use someones size to actually help me out of the situation not having it work against me. I have trained for twenty three years in some form of martial arts and I know if I was put in a comprimising situation that I could get myself out. I wouldn't use what I have learned to show off and beat up someone else. The first thing you learn is not to do that. There are alot of moves that a woman can do, that don't take much strength at all, to get out of a bad situation.
 Mountain Geek
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Female Martial Arts
Posted: 4/8/2009 10:50:32 AM
Do any girls here do martial arts and can a blackbelt really beat a man??????

I'm thinking this is a joke, or attention seaking. Of course there are women who can really beat a man. Plenty of them in the Marines if you are looking to find a single one.

Just the other day I was visiting a lady friend that took down an elk with her rifle at 650 yards -- they can shoot too!!!!!!!

Heck, I know a woman that can wrench on a Jeep better then I can.

So what's the point here? Are there women that can do everything a man can do and beat a man -- yup! Then they go shower, pick up their man and let him be a man.

TTFN
 PirateJohn09
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Female Martial Arts
Posted: 4/9/2009 11:04:03 PM

can a blackbelt really beat a man??????

When I was taking taekwondo I was sparring against a blackbelt who was a woman about half my size. She threw one kick at me that I deflected only just enough to divert the kick from my face to the middle of my throat.

I was done sparring for the day...
 Dr. Gazebo
Msg: 8
Female Martial Arts
Posted: 4/10/2009 3:10:40 PM
Yes she can.

Imagine a 100 pound woman. K?

Now, next time you are at the gym, take a look at one of the 100 pound dumbells. Pick it up. Bet it would be rather nasty to hurl one of these at 60 mph at your neck eh? I bet that 100 pound dumbell would hurt like a mutha and probably kill you if someone threw it at you at 60 mph. Yah? Damn straight.

Now, substitute that weight for a woman who weighs 100 pounds and shes firing a punch at you with her full body torque behind it, right at your neck.

You get the picture.
 kenpoboy
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Female Martial Arts
Posted: 4/10/2009 4:40:08 PM
This link talks a bit about the striking power measured by some MMA fighters:

http://www.fightingarts.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=15981462&page=0&vc=1&PHPSESSID=7bb189be310aed798bd77c953c57318f#Post15981462

"Just watched the MMA episode. It featured Tito Ortiz, Dean Lister, Randy Couture and Bas Rutten. They looked at different strikes, including elbows, punches, and kicks. Randy landed a straight punch that had about 500 pounds (227kg) of pressure behind it, while Bas did a hook that had about 1200 (545kg). Bas also did a Thai-style roundhouse kick that was over 2000 lbs (909kg).

They also showed that a good body slam can generate over 2000 lbs of force. And most surprisingly, that ground-n-pound strikes can generate even more force than standing ones can! Randy was putting out around 2000 lbs of force in some of his seated GnP strikes. I would not have believed that if I hadn't seen it. I really expected those to be much less, but gravity adds quite a bit to those strikes.

More on the subject of injury tolerances and striking power:

http://www.fightingarts.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=15846079&an=0&page=0#Post15846079
 devolishangel
Msg: 10
Female Martial Arts
Posted: 4/10/2009 10:12:40 PM
I've done shaolin kempo ( I LOVED IT!)

ji jitsu (wich i find boring)

Muay thai for 10 years also competitions but because of my braces im not doin any fights anymore.
 devolishangel
Msg: 11
Female Martial Arts
Posted: 4/10/2009 10:14:10 PM
And i've beaten quiet a few man on the ground lol. Imma shorty.. but i don't have problems with someone twice my size i wasnt even allowed to fight woman anymore because allot of woman in my training group couldnt take my combo's :S
 SIDEKICK2000
Msg: 12
Female Martial Arts
Posted: 4/11/2009 1:13:51 AM
Well it's not about if your a female or a male , doing martial arts or about belt colour as some females are really good at kata but do not have any understanding in the kata so as for it working for them has limit's and the same for the guys too i have some really good video's of males. and females fights's mix full contact .
 devolishangel
Msg: 13
Female Martial Arts
Posted: 4/11/2009 9:44:41 PM
Its true.

its all about technics, strenght,speed and dicipline.
 Dr. Gazebo
Msg: 14
Female Martial Arts
Posted: 4/13/2009 8:19:53 PM
Molly Helsel is a friend of mine. Shes one of the premier female MMA fighters out there. We met on a now defunct MMA forum run out of Vancouver BC.

Watch Molly fight if you get a chance. Shes terrific.

Kenpo, putting our ongoing online debate aside...I hope you are watching the Worlds Deadliest Warrior on Spike. They do the same kind of scientific performance studies on striking force etc...that you refer to. One of their guests was Chuck Liddel. I cant remember the number, but he layed MONDO force on the heavy bag. They couldnt believe the results. That man hits hard!
 kenpoboy
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Female Martial Arts
Posted: 4/14/2009 2:54:29 AM
peacethx -

I haven't seen Molly, but I'll try to google her fights. I'll try to check out the show you mentioned, too.

On the subject of female martial artists, there is another female MMAer named Cristiane "Cyborg" Santos. This chick is SCARY good, fights as well as most men. Scroll down the link to see her latest vid:

http://mixedmartialartvideos.com/

I'll try to find some from Gina Carano later, when I have more time. Off to work now.
 kenpoboy
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Female Martial Arts
Posted: 4/14/2009 3:53:38 PM
Here ya go. Remember guys, be gentlemen around these ladies. OR ELSE!!!!!! -

Gina Carano vs. Julie Kedzie -

http://www.mmaroot.com/gina-carano-vs-julie-kedzie-elitexc-video/

Debbie Purcell -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAeqdtGDneM
Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > Female Martial Arts