Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Has anyone gotten any 9 digit phone calls on caller ID?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 VickyRenee
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Has anyone gotten any 9 digit phone calls on caller ID?Page 1 of 1    
I have NEVER seen such a number on my caller ID on my cell phone..............................it was 212-121-212

All numbers are 10 digit.................................

Anyone know what that is??????????

Vicky
 real men only
Msg: 2
Has anyone gotten any 9 digit phone calls on caller ID?
Posted: 10/12/2007 7:13:48 PM
I have no idea but I get 000-000-0000 all the time kinda freaks me out.

I know I have heard that someone calls you, you pick it up, something technical happens and they can use your number for long distance or something, don' t know if is real but I don't pick up the phone for long distance anyway unless I know what it is.

real

will check back to see if someone knows
 NateC
Msg: 3
Posted: 10/12/2007 7:20:59 PM
Yeah, probably rolling out 10-digit dialing for landline, and you're in an area that's being used as a testbed.
 VickyRenee
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 10/12/2007 7:53:25 PM
Yeah.....I didnt dare answer it.....I knew when I saw it...it wasnt legit......but......I tried to look it up.......didnt get hardly anything on google.....but I did find this.........

"I dont know exactly what kind of scam this is but i will bet that the number you see on your caller id is not the real number. Anyone can use a caller id spoof and make it look like its coming from any number."

Anyone ever heard of this???
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Has anyone gotten any 9 digit phone calls on caller ID?