Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ontario  > BEER      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 fawnangel
Msg: 1
BEERPage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
otay...the beer in the fridge is going down....and I have a fair amount of bottles to return.

I also hate beer and have no idea what is good or what is bad...so what beer should I get to restock the fridge?
 Fred Astaire
Msg: 2
BEER
Posted: 10/21/2007 4:28:29 PM
If you don't like it, why buy more? Let your guests stock the beer 'fridge :) Or go to the grocery store and buy non-alcoholic beer or root beer or water in a Budweiser bottle (they'll never know the difference). Cash in the bottles and buy some jewelery.
I don't keep beer as I seldom drink at home. Now, when we are at Wise Guys, I drink almost a whole beer...
 fawnangel
Msg: 3
BEER
Posted: 10/21/2007 4:49:47 PM
LOL...we have a weekly card night here.....my fridge has like 14 kinds of soda in it...plus wine, coolers and beer.....some people bring and leave and others just toss money in the jar to pay for what they drink.

I am not sure who drinks what so I can't even message...as the ones I know what they drink...is soda and I make sure I have that. Actually is the first time the fridge has been low in beer...so first time since I have actually had to go buy it.

AM sure whatever I get will be fine.....just prefer to get one or two kinds that are more popular than the others.

Beth
 lap58
Msg: 4
BEER
Posted: 10/21/2007 5:08:06 PM
The beer in my fridge would last a year, and thats a 12 pack...

Try the rickards variety pack, 4 red, 4 honey brown, and 4 white....the rickards white is a cloudy wheat beer, excellent taste, won't make you fart all nigt from the gas, and it's best served with a slice of orange (yeah it's a gay way to drink beer but it tastes good)
 Greanize
Msg: 5
view profile
History
BEER
Posted: 10/21/2007 7:07:52 PM
Fawnangel, I am not a beer drinker and I rarely have it in my house. BUTTTTTTT......if you have beer in your fridge that is a bit old (from what I understand about beer, it has about a 4 month shelf life) use it for cooking.
Sometimes I marinate beef in beer, and then slow cook it with garlic.....to 'fvcking' die for!!!! Oh...and I use whatever beer I get my hands on for this....sometimes when I really want to cook a roast this way, I will go to the beer store and buy the cheapest single bottle I can find!
 fawnangel
Msg: 6
BEER
Posted: 10/21/2007 7:27:09 PM
Not old Greanize....I said i keep it for the card/game nights.....othes bring stuff and it has always been kept up that way.....but now more and more and just tossing money into the money for snacks jar...and beer is low and i have to replace...and yaknow i have never paid any attention to what kinds was there...jsut how much ..always want a couple of dozen
 angelssintoo
Msg: 7
view profile
History
BEER
Posted: 10/21/2007 10:44:54 PM
You cant really go wrong if you have one of the "major" beers you should be fine. (Canadian, Bud Light, Blue etc...)

Your best bet is probably a mixer pack that a lot of beer companies have now or look at your empties and see what is there. Thats probably going to be the easiest.
 Phat
Msg: 8
BEER
Posted: 10/22/2007 8:26:08 AM
OK I work for a brewery.

My suggestion is to get a varity including something light, some kind of lager. and an ale. stay away from stouts, dark beer, pilsners and strong. You want kinds that will be drank by the average person. But don't buy the big brands. aka Canadian, Blue, or bud. Sure lots of people will drink them. But to have different micro brews. shows you have taste and Shows you just don't fallow the crowd. Personaly I try a different kind eah weeek of two. I want to find what fits my palet.

start out suggestions.
Red Baron Blond Lager
some kind of cream ale
And something along the lines of corna. or brava.

I think that will give you a good base to start with. You can always just buy a 6 pack of this or that. just to see what it tastes like. everyone is different so don'
t just fallow the crowd and pic the big brands. cus most are not always great. but advertising has people drinking them.

Cheers
Msg: 9
BEER
Posted: 10/25/2007 5:41:35 AM
Restock it with oldenglish.
 ma lookin
Msg: 10
BEER
Posted: 10/25/2007 6:46:03 AM
I would say buy the same beer that u have in empties as that is what your friends brought and left at the games night.....
 jmrzeus
Msg: 11
BEER
Posted: 10/25/2007 7:16:27 AM
BEERS THE ANSWER --now what was the fvcking question
 Luv Karla
Msg: 12
BEER
Posted: 10/25/2007 12:13:39 PM
Molson Canadian and Bud Light taste good,and are very popular with most
people.
 FORU2SEEME
Msg: 13
view profile
History
BEER
Posted: 10/25/2007 5:42:09 PM
what about Coors Light.....the Ladies Beer........LOL...

also for those empties, keep them until the hockey team in town knocks on your door, it saves you a trip to the beer store and it helps a good cause......
 RUfree4Dinr
Msg: 14
BEER
Posted: 10/25/2007 6:00:35 PM
Come on people what's woth these sissy ass beer, If you wanna drink, Go with Stella, Guiness, Coors light ya may as well drink an american beer, Will someone pass mea Corona, naw make it a Heiniken
 babygrrl
Msg: 15
BEER
Posted: 10/26/2007 9:58:54 AM
Personally I am a Budweiser girl but I know a lot of people that drink heineken, coors, canadian, blue, corona... Just some big names for ya!:)
 father3
Msg: 16
view profile
History
BEER
Posted: 10/26/2007 3:43:33 PM
You buy one box of the best tasting premium beer out there and stock the rest of the fridge with one of those discount brands.

No one tastes beer after the first few sips of the first bottle.
 five-marie
Msg: 17
BEER
Posted: 10/26/2007 6:50:18 PM
Alexander Keith. Mmmmm.
 My I
Msg: 18
BEER
Posted: 10/26/2007 7:48:42 PM

I am not sure who drinks what so I can't even message..

If it's the first time you are together as a group... go domestic and then inquire during your first get together. If someone complains about the free beer... replace him/her with a more gracious guest... like me
 FORU2SEEME
Msg: 19
view profile
History
BEER
Posted: 10/26/2007 7:51:55 PM

replace him/her with a more gracious guest... like me

a gracious guest will drink whatever beer you have..............

can I get you a beer?
 My I
Msg: 20
BEER
Posted: 10/26/2007 8:19:53 PM

a gracious guest will drink whatever beer you have..............

can I get you a beer?

You certainly can, my dear Lady.
Whatever beer you have will be fine... thank you... thank you very much!

While you get me a beer I will enjoy thinking about your new "Harley".....Vegas sounds as if it could be a lot of fun.

**spank**
**spank, spank**
 Primitivesounds
Msg: 21
BEER
Posted: 10/27/2007 1:33:41 PM
i cant get the stains out of my " BEER MAKES ME SMART" T-shirt either or maybe i would wear it. shouldnt of checked the oil so many times .
 Carrie__34
Msg: 22
BEER
Posted: 10/27/2007 8:29:38 PM
If you're unsure, usually go with any of the typical kinds that bars serve. The Coors Light, Molson Canadian, Budweiser, Labbatts Blue type beers will always be a good default to have. I have Coors Light, and sometimes I switch with Bud or Canadian.
People shouldn't be picky if they're getting a free drink from someone while visiting. If they're picky they can bring their own.

A cold free beer is a damn good beer.
 Sturdavint
Msg: 23
BEER
Posted: 10/31/2007 6:45:57 PM
American craft brews are some of the best in the world. If you can get Victory Fiest Bier, try it. One of the better Marzen's, much better then Sam Adams. Dogfish Head 60 Minute IPA is a fine IPA. Not as bold as the 90 minute, but quite a tasty ale. Anyone in the south should try Sweetwater IPA. They use Simcoe hops for a wonderful citrus punch. Their 420 pale ale is a nice basic APA. While in tghe Georgia category, Terrapin Rye Pale and and Golden ale are two wonderful choices. The Golden Ale is lighter, with a touch of maize flavor typical for cream ales. Out west, any of the Rouge pale ales are good. Colorado has one of the better selections of beers available. My favorites are Oscar Blues Dale's Pale Ale and Old Chub Scottish Ale.....These are in cans, which assure their quality. New Belgium Brewing has a very unique brew with their Fat Tire Ale. A rush of bread and biscuit flavors make this one of the most distinctive beers around. ......I'll be back with more.....
 orchidtoday
Msg: 24
BEER
Posted: 11/1/2007 5:48:09 AM
Tell people to bring their own beer. Save yourself a trip to the beer store. :)

Talking about returning beer cans, etc. Do you happen to have a tall can? I want one to make beer chicken - except I want to replace the beer with apple juice. So that means I only need a tall beer can after all. :)
 Thatguy67
Msg: 25
view profile
History
BEER
Posted: 1/9/2010 4:25:21 PM
Rickard's red or Keith's red. Or maybe switch to red wine.

Show ALL Forums  > Ontario  > BEER