Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > no luck with pof this time pof guy stole 500 bucks and ran away      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 chymers
Msg: 1
no luck with pof this time pof guy stole 500 bucks and ran awayPage 1 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
for real i get up to got to the ladies room and when i come back out only to find my door wide open and he had disapeared?? thinking for a few minutes..... dang he took all my ,money yes its a 18 yr old guy living in new west apearently but pls be carefaul all you pof ppl as there are the pof players who will take no shame in ripping you off. another time prior to this i was stalked and not left alone and now there is a 2 block radius restraining or man i cant seem to find any balance here any regular men here hwo want a normal gurl
 coolestname
Msg: 2
no luck with pof this time pof guy stole 500 bucks and ran away
Posted: 10/28/2007 7:28:57 AM
That really bites. Sorry to hear.

Call the police, and notify plenty of fish Admin.
 someplace***
Msg: 3
Posted: 10/28/2007 7:31:18 AM
you dated an 18 year old guy who robbed you???

i cant seem to find any balance here
because you're almost 30 and you're looking for sexual encounters with high school boys?

any regular men here hwo want a normal gurl
maybe the normal men, looking for normal girls, aren'tsearching the profiles of women who are seeking "intimate encounters" and have "prefer not to say" as their marital status, and drug-use status?
 DallasFlier
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 10/28/2007 7:41:16 AM
I agree with someplace. You're almost 30, looking for "intimate encounter", hooking up with 18 year olds at your place, your whole profile is "Prefer Not to Say" which likely means you're married or attached, and your interests include "felony fights" and yet you ask if anyone is interested in a "normal gurl"??? Honey, sorry, but you're far from a "normal gurl."
 forums1
Msg: 5
Posted: 10/28/2007 7:47:45 AM
Yeah, I don't get it, a 29y/o picking up 18y/o's for "intimate encounter"... on top of which, apparently she invited the guy to *her* place for the first date (ahem, I mean "encounter") which is really stupid anyways (ie, "only to find *my* door wide open")...

I gotta question when she asks if there's "any regular men here who want a normal gurl" - does she really consider her own actions "normal"? Even discounting the 18y/o, she's on here complaining about players and having a restraining order against one... honey, its time you stepped back and took a good look at *YOUR* choices!
 beachchick
Msg: 6
Posted: 10/28/2007 7:55:08 AM
Thank you Someplace and Dallas Flier, you both saved me a lot of typing!
 irish girl in mi
Msg: 7
Posted: 10/28/2007 8:04:45 AM
wow, I actually have to agree with the men on here...why at 29 are you inviting an 18 year old BOY to your home? If you truely want a normal man...show behaviors that prove you are normal to some degree also.
 tdh46
Msg: 8
Posted: 10/28/2007 8:46:43 AM
Whom the Op chooses to date or sleep with really is none of our business. We are all here on pof for different reasons. The Op is here for intimate encounter, she can choose to do this with anyone from 18 to 100, as long as it's legal, Who the hell am i or anyone else to try judging her.

The op trusted someone to come into her home and he betrayed her trust by robbing her. So she comes into the forums seeking advice and we chastise her for being stupid. I guess if instead of stealing her money the guy had raped her, We are the kind that would also say that was her fault.

Just because the Op is looking for intimate encounter does not mean she is not normal, believe it or not people, there are quite norman woman/ men out here that just wants a not strings attached encounter. Just because someone chooses to go about life in a different way than us, does not make us "normal" and them some kind of weirdo.
 mahogany_rush
Msg: 9
Posted: 10/28/2007 9:26:08 AM
wow as much as this will pain me to say this, I agree with TDH on this one , who are we to judge, now I would add this, there are risks in everything in life that you do, if you choose to embark on a ship of the human amusement kind, you must know there are risks and you cant blame online dating for flaws in human nature.
 Chilly62
Msg: 10
Posted: 10/28/2007 9:36:16 AM

"im into r/c gas powered toys, felony fights, kinked out shows and music love the odd stimulating adventure"

You seem to get just what you ask for, huh? There are soooo many obvious questions here one being...why do you have 500 bucks sitting around?

...but of course blaming others is easier than looking at your part in it. I think you should stop dating until you get YOUR head on straight and quit picking the same kind of guy...over and over.
 Smoothsoul
Msg: 11
Posted: 10/28/2007 9:41:52 AM
Sorry to hear this guy stole your money,but why would you come on her and tell us how silly you are for picking up an 18 yr old boy and then getting ripped off? You probably need to date a mna of your age and leave those boys alone!! That's one of the problems in our society nowadays,adults preying on kids. Leave them damn kids alone!! The boy was 18 he probably wanted some McDonalds or a new video game!
 LostInFla
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 10/28/2007 9:43:17 AM
A BIG Distinction! He's not A POF Man, Just a Man on POF!
 psunit
Msg: 13
Posted: 10/28/2007 9:44:21 AM
I think everyone else in here said it well. I do not want to judge you or be hurtful in any way, however, you do need to be careful. You might even reconsider what you've written about yourself on your profile. I get the impression you are really putting yourself out there and sometimes that can be an invitation for trouble. Although I will admit I know people who are married to individuals much, much younger than they are, why are you messing around with 18 year olds? What could an 18 year old possibly have in common with you? If you haven't reported this to pof and the local police, I would also advise you to do so.

Take care!
 offstride
Msg: 14
Posted: 10/28/2007 9:44:44 AM
If you're into younger men, that's your call. Next time rent a hotel room and leave your wad of cash at home!
 Chilly62
Msg: 15
Posted: 10/28/2007 9:49:35 AM

im into r/c gas powered toys, felony fights, kinked out shows and music love the odd stimulating adventure with the right person.

You seem to get just what you ask for, huh? "odd stimulating adventure".
There are soooo many obvious questions here one being...why do you have 500 bucks sitting around?

...but of course blaming others is easier than looking at your part in it. I think you should stop dating until you get YOUR head on straight and quit picking the same kind of guy...over and over.
 MzBigNSexy1
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 10/28/2007 9:51:08 AM
girl , i been there . I no longer welcome men in my house till I feel I know them Inside and out , (and I know whwere they live first) LOL It's happened more then once. they delete their profile right after...ignorant ****s....
 SunshinenPA
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 10/28/2007 9:55:46 AM
Chymers......

As I agree with the others, you are a 29 year old, supposedly a mature adult, and are playing doctor with a kid, an 18 year old. Who is supposed to be the wise one here? What do you expect from a kid? I see by7 your profile you are asking is dating turned sour. I believe you are correct. All I can say is look for guys your age or older. Leave the kids alone.

~SSNPA~
 southernwonder
Msg: 18
Posted: 10/28/2007 9:59:38 AM
amen to that....hell why would a 29 yr old want a 18 yr anyways ...they are still wet behind the ears.....so just becareful from now on ...and don't take them home with u ...go to a motel...and like one said leave the cash at home ....let the guy pay for the room ....
 DallasFlier
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 10/28/2007 10:26:11 AM
tdh46, with all due respect, I think maybe you should go look up the definition of "normal" because it would appear you don't quite understand the meaning of that word. A 29 year old woman inviting 18 year old males into her home for "intimate encounters" is not normal. That, in and of itself, is not being judgmental, its simply a fact. Don't try to tell us that's "normal" because you're wrong on that one!

And you're right, who she chooses to sleep with is none of our business, UNLESS she chooses to come here and TELL us, and ASK us collectively for our opinions, which is exactly what she did. Nothing at all wrong with some of our opinions being negative - she, or you - shouldn't post here if all you're looking for is positive reinforcement. If you don't want opinions - don't ask for them - it really IS that simple!
 all2neat
Msg: 20
Posted: 10/28/2007 10:38:08 AM
that sucks, I'd be PO'd.
 Ravenstar66
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 10/28/2007 11:35:22 AM
Bummer

Why'd you let someone into your home you barely knew?

Gosh, I don't even give them my phone number.

For an "intimate encounter" I suggest a hotel room. And there would be no need to even use your real name.

CYA...always
 someplace***
Msg: 22
Posted: 10/28/2007 11:52:39 AM

Whom the Op chooses to date or sleep with really is none of our business
It wasn't. Until she decided to post it in a public forum
 dunnrunnin2
Msg: 23
Posted: 10/28/2007 1:30:51 PM
tdh46 you still riding around in that bus handing out free med's and crappy advice?
 curlygrl
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 10/28/2007 1:52:07 PM
Tdh46-

Whom the Op chooses to date or sleep with really is none of our business.
I totally agree. Why is it when someone post a problem people here
pick the OP apart like a dead carcass. She is sharing her experience, thats all -

The op trusted someone to come into her home and he betrayed her trust by robbing her. So she comes into the forums seeking advice and we chastise her for being stupid. I guess if instead of stealing her money the guy had raped her, We are the kind that would also say that was her fault.

I totally agree again. Look, your not stupid at all. shit happens to people
around here all the time but they dont have the balls to get here and
post it like you did. What you did was not stupid, your trusting. Next time
don't be so trusting. Be careful thats all- now your awake to what can happen
and luckily it was only robbery and not something worse. Try hiking up
your age limit on who you sleep with. 18 year old guys are still like boys.
Dont't forget, report it.

And people not being judgemental here- yeah thats a joke.

curlygrl~
 someplace***
Msg: 25
Posted: 10/28/2007 1:53:29 PM

why do you have 500 bucks sitting around?
I was also wondering why this woman, who was meeting this kid, for an intimate encounter, just happened to have $500 where it was easilly accessable?

I'm guessing that it had already been agreed that he was getting the $500. She's just upset that he took it before fullfilling his part of the agreement
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > no luck with pof this time pof guy stole 500 bucks and ran away