Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Best profile on POF? Some women think so. Take a look      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 redneck176
Msg: 1
Best profile on POF? Some women think so. Take a lookPage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
Ya, the profile is a little long, and the pics aren't great but I tried to keep it fun. I get tired of reading profiles that tell nothing about who we are. I got whiskey drunk one night and decided to let go. It eliminated a lot of the junk mail from people that wouldn't like me and got me some good responses as well. No beating around the bush at all. What do you think.
 Clouser
Msg: 2
Best profile on POF? Some women think so. Take a look
Posted: 11/3/2007 6:54:13 PM
I have to say I agree with you. Well written, informative, tells the world who you are and what you're all about.

This could actually be a template for everyone else to use.

And I'm serious.
 JustJaiJai
Msg: 3
Posted: 11/3/2007 7:02:18 PM
Well it's unorthodox, scary honest, border line manic, incredibly detailed with stuff women don't really care about and yet I have to say...I really, really liked it! It was creative and I have the sense it really is what your all about. You get what you read in this case. I think a lot of women are going to find this profile appealing. Who knew crazy could be sexy??
 redneck176
Msg: 4
Posted: 11/3/2007 7:31:48 PM
Well, wasn't really goin for crazy, but sexy works. Stuff women don't really care about? Guess I'd have to be a women to know what that is.

Glad y'all liked it. Lookin for someone on a computer screne is a tricky deal. Figured I could eliminate a lot of the BS by showin my nuts. Maybe someone will get some ideas from my prof.
 Muffinfoot
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 11/3/2007 7:56:13 PM
Your profile was fantastic! I loved it!
 word nurd
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 11/3/2007 8:07:24 PM
Save for a few typos, not bad at all. Hell, I think I'm falling for you!

Coincidentally, I've been told several times that mine is the best. So, I guess the pissing contest is officially on!

Yet, here we are, alone on a Saturday night. Sigh...
 Clouser
Msg: 7
Posted: 11/3/2007 8:38:31 PM
I keep seeing in my mind

Hell, I think I'm falling for you!

and

Yet, here we are, alone on a Saturday night.

and all I can say is BLECHHHH!
 Malley
Msg: 8
Posted: 11/3/2007 8:52:53 PM
redneck One of the best profiles I have read ... great job !!! ...

Are you like this all the time or just after hitting the whiskey ?? ... certainly says a lot to me ... the main being ... life with you would NEVER be boring !!!

Wonderful imagination !!! Don't change a thing !!!
 redneck176
Msg: 9
Posted: 11/3/2007 10:02:02 PM
Mr. Chivalry, your not my type, I will wait for a women even if it means home alone on a Saturday. Your profile is good tho. Typos.........maybe one or ten.

I am just like the profile says. Pretty shy around people I don't know even if it is the internet, so it took a good drunk to open up and write the prof. Anyone that drinks might try it next time their gettin loaded, you can get pretty creative when you don't give a sh**.
 Clouser
Msg: 10
Posted: 11/3/2007 10:08:19 PM
Not giving a sh** is ninety percent of being creative.

Think about it.
 short_order_cook
Msg: 11
Posted: 11/3/2007 11:41:20 PM
I definately enjoyed reading your profile and might send you a compliment about it, but that's about it.
By its contents, I wouldn't consider you as a potential partner.
That's ok---I'm not your target audience anyway...or am I? Who knows?
You haven't targeted an age group, location, or listed any restrictions.
Great--but it doesn't support your claim about your values. Shouldn't you be restricting those who are 'married' or seeking an IE just for the sake of propriety?
You don't describe the type of person you'd like to meet or how the two of you might interact. How will you compliment each other?

You say you are looking for someone to spend the rest of your life with, but you don't say why you want a life partner.
Okay, so your family is pressuring you, and you need someone to cook and clean and have sex with you in the morning. Is that it?
Maybe you should hire someone.
Don't you want to build things together? (a life, a home, a family) You hint at this, but you never really come out and say it.
(You claim to be "too00 honest"; beating around the bush doesn't support this claim.)
I suspect that you're interested in a 'country girl' since you say that you want to live farther away from the "rat race". If so, say it.
But if you want to keep your options open, reassure professional career women that regardless of distance they can instantly be connected because--you have the technology.
At least try to describe the type person that interests you so that the reader can reconize themselves through your writing and sit up and say "Hey---that's me!"

Of course women will be interested in your profile--it's interesting, and they'll be reading it.
But after hearing about you working long hours or working out of town and understanding that you live in a remote area, can't access your driveway in the winter or get more than 6 tv stations, a lot of women will think twice about becoming seriously involved with you.
Might be best to save these little gems for later. ;)

Some things that women aren't interested in hearing about:
#1--peeing your name in the snow
#2--"pist"...angry?...or drunk?
#3--never having a relationship last longer than 9 months
#4--masturbation

and the worst one of all:

#5--"smell my fingers" Why? Have you been masturbating?
 Malley
Msg: 12
Posted: 11/4/2007 5:01:07 AM
Never did think about this before ... so very true !!!

Not giving a sh** is ninety percent of being creative.

I disagree short order cook the married ... intimate encounter etc restrictions limit who from the forums can contact you ... and personally ... I do not care what someone is looking for ... we can still have a chat and/or debate ... after all ... I really don't know what my friends in the real world are doing behind closed doors ... nor do I care ...

As for who he is trying to attract ... she will recognize herself in this one ... she will obviously have a wonderful sense of humour ... someone who does not need to together 24/7 ... can keep herself occupied ... can live with herself and not need to be entertained with TV constantly ... a country girl at heart ...

There are plenty of professions and the list is growing by the day ... that can be performed from an alternate location ... one outside of the office ... so she need not be a die-hard city girl type ... have laptop ... can relocate ...

We can become too critical and pick apart everything ... but I say ... do not compromise who you are ... where you are ... what you love ... and someone ... somewhere ... will be the perfect fit for you ...
 Hanks Profile
Msg: 13
Posted: 11/4/2007 7:32:57 AM
I thought the profile was good. I liked the short sentence structure - allows you to stuff all kinds of bits in. About the only suggestion I'd have is that you need to add something about the type of lady you're looking to meet; even something as simple as: "The type of lady for me would be the one that made it to the end of this profile." Should put in something. Not sure if you've maxed out the total allowable words for a profile, through. You've probably come close.
 ChickLitSmile
Msg: 14
Posted: 11/4/2007 7:45:14 AM
Finally, a funny guy that "shows" it, not just says it.

One of the best I've read yet !!!!

What I really like is that your effort demonstrates your true interest and commitment to finding someone and someone who is a great match for you.

It's honest and sincere, but funny as hell...A snappy, upbeat read.

I laughed...I cried...I wished you live in my lake

~CLS
 jumping_jupiter
Msg: 15
Posted: 11/4/2007 8:51:31 AM
Great Profile. You should pass that bottle around so more people can get "Wiskey Drunk". It ran a little long, but it was interesting all the way to the end. A personality and sense of humor shine through well.

All things considered.... Great Job!
 El_Mariachi
Msg: 16
Posted: 11/4/2007 8:56:26 AM
You know how they say you can't really get yourself across in these profiles? Well, they seem to be wrong.

It shed a lot more light than most profiles do and you cracked me the hell up to boot.

Long profiles are only bad when they suck. Doesn't apply here.
 redneck176
Msg: 17
Posted: 11/4/2007 9:05:20 AM
Well thankyou all except that darn short order cook, I could break down her comments individually but some people on here are just mean. I have never put up my own thread, not that bold, was asked to do it by several people. Hopefully someone picks up an idea or two from my prof.

As far as puttin "who Im lookin for" in there, it just doesn't seem apropriate. Its just, how the hell do I know who I'm lookin for really. Suppose someon atractive, fun............other than that she might be my opposite or just like me or who knows. At almost 32 I have not even been close to findin the one so hopefully the one is lookin for me.

Short order cooks piss me off. lol She spits in peoples food for sure.
 terese143
Msg: 18
Posted: 11/4/2007 10:14:14 AM
I very much enjoyed reading your profile!
Made me laugh! Found it very refreshing, and it was the longest one I have finished
reading. If they are really long.......Im like this guy talks to much.
I think its a silly question from that one girl on why are you looking for long term?
Arent we all???
You sound like one heck of a good fishy!
 terese143
Msg: 19
Posted: 11/4/2007 10:18:24 AM

Some things that women aren't interested in hearing about:
#1--peeing your name in the snow
#2--"pist"...angry?...or drunk?
#3--never having a relationship last longer than 9 months
#4--masturbation

and the worst one of all:

#5--"smell my fingers" Why? Have you been masturbating?

She doesnt speak for all of us!
I enjoyed hearing all of it!
 short_order_cook
Msg: 20
Posted: 11/4/2007 4:47:46 PM
Please note that you are asking people for their opinions on your profile, responding to honest criticism by flaming your reviewers will be dealt with accordingly.

Don't post in the Profile Reviews section and ask members for their honest opinions about your profile when in fact you're only interested in receiving compliments or enlightening your audience.
Post under the Off Topic or Creative Writing category instead.
Read the forum rules before committing to posting a thread.
Broadcasting, talk-show hosting, or attention seeking is frowned upon as is flaming your repondents.

Did I hit a nerve or something? Why the angry, libelous response to my post?

I wasn't the only person to suggest that your profile is "incredibly detailed with stuff women don't really care about" or suggest that "you need to add something about the type of lady you're looking to meet" yet you chose to single me out and insult me.
Why? Does familiarity breed contempt?

I work in a tavern which is filled to capacity each night with single, hard-working, pick-up truck driving, rough-neck country boys who share your ambitions and attitude.
Most of them don't know what they are looking for either and expect a woman to find them--although I often suggest that they wouldn't recognize her if she fell off the bar stool beside them! Their inflexiblity, course edges, and failure to express their wants or needs often prevent them from discovering relationships. While they might be popular with the ladies they just don't seem to be making a connection.
Does this sound familiar?
 AGC77
Msg: 21
Posted: 11/4/2007 6:09:40 PM
short_order_cook hit's it on the head everytime
 redneck176
Msg: 22
Posted: 11/4/2007 6:17:41 PM
Instead of simply making a comment (short order cook), you make it a point to try and be hurtful. I read posts all over this sight from people that are tryin to be rude. Sometimes funny sometimes something else. Maybe I took it wrong but so did other people that read your comments. Maybe you took my comment wrong also, I have looked at changing a couple things.

If I was in the wrong forum....delete it. This is the only thread I have posted and it will be my last, wasn't worth it for sure. Guess I'm just not smart enough to understand THE RULES
 ChickLitSmile
Msg: 23
Posted: 11/5/2007 4:43:07 AM
Short Order Cook,

For shame…you openly admit to putting cereal boxes in ice box for no apparent reason, so you should be far more appreciative of the frivolous and whimsical!

I think the appeal of Redneck's profile (popular opinion in this forum) is that he has a style and has given himself permission to display that style. He’s struck me as a confident man in that regard and there’s nothing sexier than that kind of confidence (which isn’t****ness via hitting on women, but having fun with his self).

I've come across sooooo many profiles that say nothing in 20 words and nothing in 2000 words. At least at the end, we all have a pretty good idea about his lifestyle, interests and disposition. You have a great profile, too. It's nothing like Redneck's or mine, or anyone else’s...It's yours and reflects your personality. THAT's what good profiles are made of.

And just because he doesn't have a wish list doesn't mean that he hasn't told us what he's looking for. At the risk of putting words in his profile, I think he’s preparing to settle down, but is looking for a laid-back and patient woman who doesn’t take life too seriously, but can handle the basics (job, family, is centered and grounded), can be as much a party gal as much as she can be a lover and a fisher woman!

Now, I say the proof is in the pudding…As we know, women are far more reluctant to add men to their favorites. And yet, he has 24 and you have 15. Because of the "female reluctant factor," his 24 is the equivalent of like 100 !

Are you really so sure that his Jeff Foxworthy profile doesn’t work for him?

It’s not about your taste when reviewing profiles. It’s about the reviewee.

~CLS
 terese143
Msg: 24
Posted: 11/7/2007 4:59:48 PM
hmmm seems like he has 26 now.....
I still love it and think you dont need to change a thing
 jewelslace
Msg: 25
Posted: 11/7/2007 7:59:33 PM
I think it fabulous! I wish all guys were that indepth about what they want. At first I thought, holy hell I am not reading all that! But it really wa sa good read. I love that you pee in the snow, shows you can be fun! 3/4 of your profile sounded like my dad... dad is that you??
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Best profile on POF? Some women think so. Take a look