Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > When a guy doesn't want to use a condom with you...      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Yoyanna
Msg: 1
When a guy doesn't want to use a condom with you...Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
in a relationship does that mean he really *loves* you and that the relationship has advanced?

My friend said that her boyfriend doesn't use a condom with her because she is *special* to him and his *only girl* and with other women he always used protection because they meant nothing to him and he didn't want to be stuck with a baby with them.

Any guys agree with this line of thinking?
 londontim
Msg: 2
When a guy doesn't want to use a condom with you...
Posted: 11/12/2007 11:46:32 PM
Personally no, but then I already have a child and don't really want any more. It also sounds like one of the oldest lines in the book to me, but then that doesn't necessarily mean it isn't true in this case.

It seems to me that there's a lot more to love than just not using a condom during sex. In fact it seems to me that the two things are almost entirely unrelated, but again that's just a personal opinion.
 piscescoda
Msg: 3
Posted: 11/12/2007 11:59:15 PM
Hell no. That means he's geeked to find a chick who lets him get his rocks off inside her. We all know rubbers suck.
 MrWine
Msg: 4
Posted: 11/13/2007 12:57:08 AM
let me see if I got this straight..... he's saying "you're special and therefore it's OK if I got stuck with a baby with you?" ...hmmm
 *~*ChardyGirl*~*
Msg: 5
Posted: 11/13/2007 1:36:53 AM
Pregnancy is the "least" of it..........std's,aids/hiv.......HELLO ??????
 vg angel
Msg: 6
Posted: 11/13/2007 1:42:23 AM
Your friend needs her head read and her ass kicked. "Special"? Is she nuts? "Only girl"? And that makes it safe? So, not only is she not worried about pregnancy, but she is okay with also sleeping with whomever else he has dipped his wick into up until she became so "special" to him. What a girl! What a prize he is too since he didn't want to be "stuck" with a baby, but he's good with the idea of being "stuck" with a baby with her? Oh brother. Tell us another one. And then tell her to get test results next time.
 SlyKnight
Msg: 7
Posted: 11/13/2007 1:43:50 AM
It's pretty difficult to say...

- It could mean he trusts her enough that he's not scared of catching STD's
- It could mean he's so crazy about her he'd stick by her even if she did get pregnant.
- It hopefully means he's exclusive
- It could be true that he always has used one before and sees not using one as symbolic of a greater level of intimacy than he's had with other girls.
- It could just mean he wants to get off without one because it feels better

I can't say whether he is telling the truth, but I can say that I can understand his point of view if he is. I definitely can't rule him out as lying.
 lie to me
Msg: 8
Posted: 11/13/2007 2:14:16 AM
Hopefully, they've both been tested for STD's before they started having sex together, and hopefully, your friend is on birthcontrol. Personally, I think it sounds like a line he's feeding her.
 Miss Poppy
Msg: 9
Posted: 11/13/2007 3:07:27 AM
LOL
yeah...I'm sure that's the reason.

not.
 vlottary
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 11/13/2007 3:18:40 AM
its nt that the relationship is advanced,but wat i can say its a type of feeling that developes in partners mostly when they they know each otha.
 Just JJ
Msg: 11
Posted: 11/13/2007 3:44:35 AM
I dont know.. call me crazy but I personally don't wish to sharethe many std's that his other "special" girl friends may have shared with him in the past....
 handsm
Msg: 12
Posted: 11/13/2007 3:55:06 AM
I agree with most - it sounds like a line - and sounds like (the guy) is SURE his girlfriend is 'on the pill' & not interested in additional(?) children. One way to find out IF that really IS 'love', have the OP tell her bf she WANTS a baby now :) see how fast he runs for a condom the next time :) I think its b.s.
And ummm as the one lady wrote, most everyone DOES know condoms DO suk!
 Yoyanna
Msg: 13
Posted: 11/13/2007 6:22:47 AM
"It could be true that he always has used one before and sees not using one as symbolic of a greater level of intimacy than he's had with other girls."

That sounds so sweet. I wish a guy would view me in that way. When a guy uses a condom with me I guess that means I'm just another jumpoff.
 Single_Texan_4U
Msg: 14
Posted: 11/13/2007 7:46:24 AM
Yoyanna, I don't think it means anything at all... other than the fact (I'm assuming) that they're in a steady exclusive relationship and feel comfortable enough with each other to skip the raincoat. Hopefully they had a discussion about STD's and either both got tested or were damned certain they each are "clean", 1st!

And of course SHE better be on some other form of birth control, or else!!!

But to say "I love you so much and you're so special to me that I no longer want to use a condom with you" is pure hogwash.

On a sidenote, one would wonder just how many other women this guy has casually been doing in the (possibly recent) past.... and did any of them get this same lame line?

- Michael
 stc888
Msg: 15
Posted: 11/13/2007 8:30:13 AM
Im sterile,so we dont need one.
Dont worry about it,you cant get pregnant standing up.Everybody knows gravity .
 yummywormy
Msg: 16
Posted: 11/13/2007 2:06:41 PM

Dont worry about it,you cant get pregnant standing up.Everybody knows gravity .

Yeah right...
 grayloc
Msg: 17
Posted: 11/13/2007 3:56:19 PM
my thoughts are...

if you're dumb enough not to request a condom then you have no right to **** when your preggers with a guy running for the hills or even better... you have no right to **** when you're sitting around with a wonderful STD that he forgot to tell you about because his other girls weren't as 'special' but 'special' enough to sleep with
 scorpiomover
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 11/13/2007 4:48:56 PM

My friend said that her boyfriend doesn't use a condom with her because she is *special* to him and his *only girl* and with other women he always used protection because they meant nothing to him and he didn't want to be stuck with a baby with them.
Sorry, but a LOT of guys don't like to use a condom, and would lie to save themselves the hassle. I would doubt this, unless you spoke to all the *other girls* and found that he was the one who chose to bring condoms, every time, without EVER BEING PROMPTED!
If it turns out that he regularly didn't use a condom with *other girls*, or had to be pushed to use one, then she is NOT special, and he is lying to her.
If he really thinks she's special, then he would have got a full medical check-up of all STDs, giving him a fully clean bill of health, JUST BEFORE HE SLEPT WITH HER, to make sure that he never passed any STDs or AIDS to her accidentally, not wanting to hurt her in any way, because she is so *special*. Such documents are dated with clearly printed dates, and can be verified, because they would contain the name of the clinic the document was issued at.
Betcha he never got tested before they started sleeping together, and that he never even showed her such a certificate, and you already know what I think of him, if he doesn't have one.
 MikeTheWriter
Msg: 19
Posted: 11/13/2007 7:37:10 PM
LOL LOL Now that's pretty unbelievable. "I won't use a condom because you are SPECIAL to me." What is even more unbelievable is she bought it! I've heard a lot of excuses. I even had a buddy promise a woman that if she let him cum without a condom he'd bring 2 the next day.

I hope she doesn't get pregnant, stupid people must really stop making babies. Bottom line is the guy is A) Lazy B) Cheap C) Selfish Maybe he has issues with tearing the paper without losing his train of thought. Yes, she's special, and her name is Edweena. Ed for short. She better hope he doesn't cheat because if he does she could get a lot worse than pregnant. My advice is to explain it to her this way: "Your vagina is a lock and a penis with a condom on it is the key. "
 finneganne
Msg: 20
Posted: 11/13/2007 7:59:31 PM
That's why there are so many STDs floating around and so many single parents. All that "love" going around.
 SassySky
Msg: 21
Posted: 11/13/2007 8:07:07 PM
Me personally, Birth Control would be the only reason to use a condom with me.. Since a current STD test would be done..

So if I am in that exclusive relationship.. I can' t get pregnant.Then I would have not problems with out condoms. But If this was 20 years ago.. I would insist on the condom and a nother form of Birth control
 Herding Cats
Msg: 22
Posted: 11/13/2007 8:16:27 PM
You just tell him "Sorry, Baby. No glove, no love."

There's no guarantees whether or not someone loves you, but you will guarantee increasing your chances of life threatening STDs if you allow someone to manipulate your emotions just so they can ride bareback.

He either gets over it or goes buh-bye. Anyone that really loves someone else isn't going to play Russian Roulette with their health and their life. At the very least they could go get tested together.
 esad
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 11/13/2007 8:21:23 PM

My friend said that her boyfriend doesn't use a condom with her because she is *special* to him and his *only girl* and with other women he always used protection because they meant nothing to him ...

I love when the forums give me a chance to use an old cliche ....
“I’ll bet he says that to all the girls”
 nogo3
Msg: 24
Posted: 11/14/2007 11:56:08 AM
Isn't it amazing that people are still playing sex poker. I personally think that most adults should not be allowed be allowed out without their parents..

ladyc4
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 11/14/2007 12:13:08 PM
It means he doesn't like condoms. I do understand that...trust me, we women aren't exactly delighted by 'raincoats" either. BUT, responsible intelligent adults realize that life isn't always just about what we do and don't like. I don't like tetanus shots,mammograms, having blood drawn for labs pertinent to my annual physical...I don't like having to send money to the power company and the gas company. But I do all those things because I have a greater dislike of tetanus, breast cancer, physical illness, or having my electricity and heat turned off.

Personally I think your friend's bf just doesn't like condoms and has found a fool that buys into his line.
"riding bareback" Is for people who are in a serious and stable relationship,are CERTAIN they are disease free, and either use some other reliable method of birth control( or in the case of many women my age, medically past that possibility) or are TRYING to start a family.
Unless your friend is POSITIVE her guy doesn't have any disease, and is using reliable contraception, she's an idiot and she's flirting with disaster.
Cindy O
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > When a guy doesn't want to use a condom with you...