Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > why would a guy feel awkward around a girl??      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 angelg87
Msg: 1
view profile
History
why would a guy feel awkward around a girl??Page 1 of 1    
i have this friend who was in this situation with this guy, (they were dating for awhile,but it didn't work out )...anyways now they're not talking .the thing is, they worked together and everytime he sees her he leave...

what would make you feel awkward aroud a girl, that evrytime you see her , you leave??

guys have you ever felt awkward around a girl? and why !
 The_Player_
Msg: 2
view profile
History
why would a guy feel awkward around a girl??
Posted: 11/16/2007 11:05:37 AM
Yes its because he does not respect her anymore for some reason. She must have done something to cause this lack of respect, did she dump him ?
 Nexus 6
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 11/16/2007 11:11:14 AM
Not nearly enough information for an objective answer I'm afraid. There are lots of reasons. He may be angry, he may still have feelings for her he doesn't wish to betray, he may be embarrassed about something he did or she did or said, he may just not know how to act around her anymore, maybe he is afraid that she might say or do something awkward or threatening. There are so many possible reasons.
 RogueGnome
Msg: 4
Posted: 11/16/2007 11:27:31 AM

what would make you feel awkward aroud a girl, that evrytime you see her , you leave??

Does she smell like butt and feet?

If not, she probably did something to
piss him off bad enough, that he simply
can't stand the sight or sound of her.

It happens.

But, since you really gave us no
information to work with. How would
any of us be able to even guess what the
cause might be?
 Texdent
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 11/16/2007 11:35:20 AM
Right 'friend'.
 life_of_leisure
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 11/16/2007 12:26:38 PM
I think the OP is misinterpreting the situation. Heading for the exits is not being "awkward". Repulsion would be more like it. He's obviously concluded the risk/benefit ratio of having anything to with her is too low. Maybe things not working out had something to do with it.
 Deceased~
Msg: 7
Posted: 11/16/2007 12:43:53 PM

anyways now they're not talking .the thing is, they worked together and everytime he sees her he leave...

That is precisely the reason it isn't a good idea to date people at work. Now imagine if she was his supervisor or he had to fire her for some other reason totally related to work. You can see how things can get out of hand quickly.

He isn't awkward, he is being smart so as to not allow the situation to affect his or her job. If they got into a verbal fight over the relationship at work they'd likely both lose their jobs immediately.
 stephan_1971
Msg: 8
Posted: 11/16/2007 1:16:35 PM
Gisele, why do you think he leaves whenever you enter the room?
 jrbogie
Msg: 9
Posted: 11/16/2007 1:25:53 PM

The girl.
 Jonathan85
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 11/16/2007 2:25:39 PM
I think there are three main general reasons.
1. Emotions run high with exes. And exes know things about us that we don't want aired in public. It isn't that hard to imagine comparing being in the same room as your ex to the USA-USSR relationship during the Cold War. Each side has more than enough ammunition for Mutually Assured Destruction.

Worse, this type of nuclear winter only seems to land on men. Men are a lot more likely to over look a "crazy ex-boyfriend" that a woman has than a woman is to ignore something that his ex-girlfriend says. This has a lot to do with the fact that there isn't gender equality when it comes to dating and relationships.

2. There might still be romantic feelings there. Unrequited love can hurt.

3. Shame/embarrassment. I guess some people feel guilt over how they handled a break up.
 rune3
Msg: 11
Posted: 11/16/2007 2:37:43 PM
To avoid saying something he might regret, perhaps. Just one possibility among many. Why do you care?
 Stray__Cat
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 11/16/2007 3:19:06 PM
All the above.
But maybe it just hurts.

Once a line of intimacy has been crossed it's
hard to go back over to the other side like nothing happened.
 SassySky
Msg: 13
Posted: 11/16/2007 3:28:17 PM
Well OP while this hurts.The Body language is pretty clear he wants nothing to do with you..As a woman the only time I would do this , He is beneath my comtempt.. I will not share the same air he is breathing. I will not engage in him conversation. I haven't dont this to often, but when I do.. He knows why, the topic is not open for dicsussion...

I know my words sound cruel but those are the reasons. I would do it..
 clorin
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 11/16/2007 3:56:24 PM
Not been in this situation before, not exactly.
But it looks like he is feeling jilted, or still feels something for her. to avoid a problem at work, he becomes a better person by avoiding the problem. The problem being talking to the woman. Though this can be somewhat bothersome at work. best to tell "your friend" not to dwell on this problem. somethings are better left unsaid.

I was like this with one girl I liked, I would always leave everytime I seen her. This was my own fault. I use to put my foot in my mouth when she was around and I tried to talk to her. One day she yelled at me about my rudeness and called me a a**hole, and a few other choice things. It was one of her friends that told her, I would go stupid around her, and I had a thing for her. It was her turn to act awkward around me... for a little while.
 DonnyRovers
Msg: 15
Posted: 11/16/2007 4:25:59 PM
To hazzrd a guess, he's probably still in love with the girl, but who knows.

I'm only speaking from my own personal experience.

Although my last ex is repulsive & i'd probably want to stop myself from throwing up on her.

Oh what the hell....stay & blow junks
 stevenmark
Msg: 16
Posted: 12/18/2007 10:30:04 AM
because she had bigger muscles? or a beard who knows
 867love
Msg: 17
Posted: 12/18/2007 10:56:52 AM
cause she is a girl, -she has girl cooties, -ewwwwwwww
 textodd11
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 12/18/2007 11:06:58 AM
I made the mistake of getting involved with a girl at work once. Anyway, a short time into it, I realized that this wasn't a good idea for many reasons and tried as best I could to gently ease out of the situation. It didn't matter. She was hurt and could never really get over it to the point of being around each other at work. Like mom said, "You don't sh!t or f*ck where you eat."
 nipoleon
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 12/18/2007 11:13:46 AM
I'm assuming you're a girl.
Naturally, you're not awkward around girls.
You've never banged your car into a lamppost, thinking about a girl !
Girls are dangerous.
 m409998m1
Msg: 20
Posted: 12/18/2007 3:36:02 PM
You're 20. They'll come a day when you realize you don't get your meat where your get your bread.
 passionandsong
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 12/18/2007 3:50:16 PM
because we as men have not been programed for feelings like hes feeling.when we first get them we dont know what to do.
 h3llrazr
Msg: 22
Posted: 12/18/2007 4:36:43 PM
Never dip your pen in company ink!

That's about all I got for you.
 scorpiomover
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 12/18/2007 4:36:43 PM

guys have you ever felt awkward around a girl? and why !
When I like her, she just wants to be "friends", but doesn't behave like any of my female friends, but like she's flirting with me constantly, and getting jealous anytime another woman flirts with me.

It makes me feel awkward, when I have to tell other men & women that "she isn't my girlfriend", at least once a day. But it makes me feel really, really awkward, when she's flirting with me, and everyone knows she's just acting like a tease, and everyone else loses all respect for her.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > why would a guy feel awkward around a girl??