Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > eMails gone - what does it mean.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 perzero1
Msg: 1
eMails gone - what does it mean.Page 1 of 1    
Hi.
I've recently been communicating via this site with a lady in Kansas

We've only been corresponding a short while, but we've sent a few e-mails each. Today I got a message to say that she had sent me an e-mail on Friday (I've been away for the weekend). I logged on today but, not only is there no mail from her in my in-box, all previous mail from her - but not from other people - has disappeared from my message page. What's going on?
 someplace***
Msg: 2
Lost mail
Posted: 11/26/2007 8:12:50 AM
If all mail from her has disappeared, I believe that it means the person had their account removed by the admin.

If someone deletes their own account, their mail would still be in your inbox.
 Ticketoride
Msg: 3
Lost mail
Posted: 11/26/2007 11:03:32 AM
I logged on today but, not only is there no mail from her in my in-box, all previous mail from her - but not from other people

• All Inbox Messages gone, but Sent Msg Messages present = You E-Mail Blocked them

• All Sent Msg Messages gone, but Inbox Messages present = they E-Mail Blocked You

• All Inbox Messages present, but User Name removed = User deleted Account.

• All Inbox & Sent Msg Messages disappeared = User deleted by the Admin

• All Inbox & Sent Msg Messages disappeared = Flushed by the System after 20 Days

• Read Mail in Inbox has disappeared = They appear after all the "Unread" ones.

• Notification but no E-Mail in Inbox = Refresh Browser Page / Hold < Ctrl >, hit F5

• Sent Msg disappeared = Contact Restrictions and/or Profile or User Errors.

• References:

E-Mail: What Messages have been deleted when E-Mail Blocked?
    Mail Settings: E-Mail Notifications
    E-Mail: Read Messages Disappeared
    E-Mail: Received E-Mail, but nothing is there
    E-Mail: Auto-Deleted after 20 Days/View All Messages
    E-Mail: First Contact History Missing Users
    E-Mail: E-Mails Disappeared
    E-Mail: Was my E-Mail Actually Received?
    Search: Reasons why a User cannot be located
    E-Mail: Contact Restrictions
    Search: User Search
     perzero1
    Msg: 4
    Lost mail
    Posted: 11/26/2007 12:46:09 PM
    Since none of the messages were over 30 days old, I guess she must have been deleted from the system. Any idea why that would be? Her profile seemed pretty inocuous.

As to putting names in the forum - oops, sorry, hadn't realised.
     Ticketoride
    Msg: 5
    Lost mail
    Posted: 11/26/2007 12:54:59 PM
    I guess she must have been deleted from the system. Any idea why that would be?

Related Links:Terms of Service/User Agreement
     perzero1
    Msg: 6
    Lost mail
    Posted: 11/26/2007 1:21:15 PM
    Thanks for that. I guess you never really know, but she really didn't seem the sort of dame that would do anything that offensive.
     kdcor
    Msg: 7
    view profile
    History
    Lost mail
    Posted: 3/28/2008 10:03:25 AM
    I'm sorry I didn't realize that.
    Thank you for your response, appreciate it.
     1ForU2Keep
    Msg: 8
    view profile
    History
    Lost mail
    Posted: 4/14/2009 2:53:33 PM
    And if none of those are the case, what is the real answer?

Also, why are my email settings changing everyday. It keeps putting in the wrong email address to notify me and it turns off allow users to see that I viewed them.
     GreatGuy2009
    Msg: 9
    Lost mail
    Posted: 10/20/2009 10:52:39 PM
    Hi. Been checking *Help, All Forums, etc, etc,* for a hour for an answer, but to no avail.
    My problem is that I sent a few messages to someone I've been corresponding with and she in turn sent me messages back...Except I keep getting an error message "Object not set in reference to ..." Basically its yellow and white page with a lot of sophisticated wording that comes up when I tried to read her message. I've tried a few old ones and the same thing occurred. I am still able to locate my profile in user search as well as do just about every thing else.
     jbtulip
    Msg: 10
    view profile
    History
    Lost mail
    Posted: 1/28/2010 8:16:38 AM
    the 20 day flush is really really REALLY poo!!! how am i meant to pick up a conversation i was in the middle of? i had exams then christmas... this totally bites

any chance of getting rid of this feature?????? pls pls pls pls!!!!!
     *Cowboy*
    Msg: 11
    view profile
    History
    Lost mail
    Posted: 1/28/2010 9:31:53 AM
    No it is not going away.

It may of went down to 14 days actually.

Cowboy
     jbtulip
    Msg: 12
    view profile
    History
    Lost mail
    Posted: 2/1/2010 7:17:27 AM
    how do you know they WONT take it away...????

It kind of neglects the original statements that were bannered everywhere that convinced me to join in the first place... free, hassle free, easy to meet ppl... the flush makes it very difficult especially if your a busy person who also likes to take things slow...simple as that. And if this be the subtle differences between, this and premium well then i have been mislead and duped and would rather pay elsewhere than be suckered as such
     *Cowboy*
    Msg: 13
    view profile
    History
    Lost mail
    Posted: 2/1/2010 7:24:56 AM
    There is no difference in email retention time between a regular member and a serious member. This is a FREE site with 18 million members. It is a matter of available resources.

From our FAQ's at the top of this forum section

Saving Emails
    E-Mail: How to Backup your E-Mail Messages

Good Luck
    Cowboy
     wwww1234
    Msg: 14
    view profile
    History
    Lost mail
    Posted: 6/20/2011 4:04:16 PM
    I totally agree, this is a horrible feature. I might want to correspond with someone and read messages a year old..
     *Cowboy*
    Msg: 15
    view profile
    History
    Lost mail
    Posted: 6/20/2011 5:26:49 PM
    ^^^ lol. Your on the worlds largest internet dating site and it is FREE. So sweet of you to demand unlimited storage for old emails on a free site. Perhaps contact the owner and offer to bankroll his next server upgrade to allow you unlimited storage!

Cowboy
     CharminC
    Msg: 16
    view profile
    History
    Lost mail
    Posted: 3/13/2012 10:04:32 AM
    Hello ya'll....

I have a notification for 1 lonely message in my inbox but when I go to view, lo and behold it's not there! Ohh .....magic lol.

I've done everything that each thread I've researched suggested. Clearing, refreshing, sending myself a message (which was fun btw) and Ctrl F5, and ..etc etc etc.... still can't view it.
    Either it's a glitch or there really is an invisible message?

Could someone kindly look into it? Thank you

C
     Justatinylittlelady
    Msg: 17
    view profile
    History
    Lost mail
    Posted: 10/25/2012 2:56:56 PM
    Ok I tried this out with a friend she sent me message I sent one back then had her block me. Her message from me was gone but her sent message was there. On my end all messages from her and sent message from me was gone . So I'm thinking its not always true that any messages Re left after someone blocks you. I have nothing at all from her
     *Cowboy*
    Msg: 18
    view profile
    History
    Lost mail
    Posted: 10/25/2012 3:03:59 PM

Ok I tried this out with a friend she sent me message I sent one back then had her block me. Her message from me was gone but her sent message was there. On my end all messages from her and sent message from me was gone . So I'm thinking its not always true that any messages Re left after someone blocks you. I have nothing at all from her
    Like MANY things on this site it does not function consistently.

I have seen it delete only one side of the messages and I have seen it delete ALL messages.

Cowboy
    Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > eMails gone - what does it mean.