Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  > Do Real men like Cats?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 -SIMONA-
Msg: 1
Do Real men like Cats?Page 1 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
There's a belief that cats are a "woman's pet."
In one article about Men and Cats I read:
"The feline feminine mystique persists in popular culture -- no one is making a 'Cat Man' movie. This stereotype comes at a cost to cats. Purina reports that 75 percent of cat owners are women. If men adopted cats at the same rate that women do, there wouldn't be thousands of cats desperately needing homes . . ."

Do you have to be a "girlie man" to like cats? I think not.
About.com's Franny Syufy, writes of male cat owners:

"Although he may own them, he doesn't need the typical entrapments of masculinity. He is his own person, and generally is looked up to by others. He may even be macho in appearance, but he retains a sensitivity that surfaces at unexpected times. "

Maybe this will sound strange to some, but I actually think that cats as a species have more positive masculine qualities than dogs.

Cats:

Independent / Self-Sufficient
Neat, Well-Groomed (ability to clean themselves)
Determined (born hunters who will kill their own food)
Skillful (have the ability to climb high surfaces, patrol territories)
Refined
Polite

Dogs:

Needy (have problems being home alone)
Messy
Dependent
Rude (humping your leg, barking at strange things)

No, I'm not slamming dogs; I'd like to get one someday, but I just look at it this way....

Tyeee
Msg: 2
Do Real men like Cats?
Posted: 11/27/2007 10:00:35 PM
Just gotta ask... is there something wrong with a good leg hump?
We all need a bit of luvin' now and then.
 Pucks
Msg: 3
Do Real men like Cats?
Posted: 11/27/2007 10:03:43 PM
"do you have to be a girlie man to like cats"

I dont care for cats. I have a dog.

You could not pay me to own a cat.

Funny how you listed good things about cats but bad things about dogs.

Here is why i like my dog, (btw he is a border collie cross husky)

very friendly
loyal
obedient
does tricks
loves to play and exercise
love all people and children
well trained
great companion
never complains/is always content
full of energy and enthusiastic
very fast runner
great swimmer
herds our family and keeps my kidlets close
protects our home and boundaries/lets me know when someone is near
 stephan_1971
Msg: 4
Do Real men like Cats?
Posted: 11/27/2007 10:20:25 PM
Of course real men like cats. Look at all the super villains in James Bond movies. Don't tell me they don't intimidate even the strongest alpha male... They are evil and all powerful as they control their henchmen from some underground lair underneath a volcano.

They're mean and tough and you don't mess with them.

And they always have a cat on their lap.

I wouldn't call these men girlie.
 Mountain Lion 1
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Do Real men like Cats?
Posted: 11/27/2007 10:30:04 PM
domestic ones??? absolutely freaking not
There is a saying, animals are a likeness of their owners.
A domestic cats behavior says it all.
Female

Your's truly grumpy ole mountainlion

now dere is nuttin rong wit dem big puddy cats
 -SIMONA-
Msg: 6
Do Real men like Cats?
Posted: 11/27/2007 10:40:51 PM
A domestic cats behavior says it all.
Fimale

Hmm.. well, maybe it all comes to control? - most men, own and like dogs, that they can train and boss around, but cats on the other hand, never, they are too independent, and I think thats what makes men a bit mad...
 Mountain Lion 1
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Do Real men like Cats?
Posted: 11/27/2007 10:53:08 PM
^^^ simona sorry about the typo it is Female

Oh gimme a feakin break. Nothing better than the old control issue, favorite of North American women (movement) *hisssssssss*

what makes me mad is that for most part the fat ole house cat is just a puddy too lazy to catch mice. Walking all over the place, hair in my food, scratching, hissing, dragging in fleas, purring when she needs attention, no character, just attitude. That is not what I call being independent, plain selfishness.

Here puddy, puddy come scratch the ole lion he's bored
 -SIMONA-
Msg: 8
Do Real men like Cats?
Posted: 11/27/2007 11:04:49 PM
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr^^^^^^^^

There is a saying, animals are a likeness of their owners.

Really? I have confession to make ( I truly aware that it can and will scare ,,potential suitors,,) I also own a bearded dragon!...

Pucks
Msg: 9
Do Real men like Cats?
Posted: 11/27/2007 11:25:37 PM
cats are not the kind of **** i like.
 AlienSecrets
Msg: 10
Do Real men like Cats?
Posted: 11/28/2007 3:01:25 PM
Simona = I'm with you on this one!

Furthermore I would add that Any man who is ascared of a little 'puddy' is the puddy! lol .. and you know what i mean.
And, AND - a little puddy never heart anyone, I mean its a well known fact that it actually is great for mending 'things' and keepin 'em together.

Aliens love Cats ..

A.S.is
 57LEBOWSKI
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Do Real men like Cats?
Posted: 11/28/2007 3:59:49 PM
As a manly man i admit to loving cats- especially barbecued,,,mmmmmyum.
 mindmyownbusiness
Msg: 12
Do Real men like Cats?
Posted: 11/28/2007 6:25:30 PM
Men like dogs better because they are trainable and more submissive. Try to train a cat! Plus, cats complain and are fussy: men generally speaking ( as a whole) don't like that.
Cats are perhaps most loved by free spirited individuals, perhaps mostly by men and women who know who they are and are not willing to enslave themselves. I personallly prefer cats over dogs. If I had to adopt a dog, it would have to be for a defense-purpose, although puppies are adorable. I personally find cats to be aesthetically finer figures ( imagine the elegance of a siamese or abissinian cat!). So....to answer your question.....Yes, Real Men like cats and animals in general.
Anybody who dislike animals has a sick heart.
 bcboy72
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Do Real men like Cats?
Posted: 11/28/2007 6:53:13 PM
Bring on the Haterade...lol

It is no surprise that lesbians love their cats. But apparently, gay men across the country, regardless of their age, love their cats too.

Pussies are the pet of choice for British gay men and lesbians (26%). In second place are dogs (15%), followed by fish (8%) and birds (3%), while for a woman in Yorkshire and Humberside, or a man in Scotland and Wales, the preferred pet is a pony (1%). Some others (5%) go for the exotic – snakes perhaps, spiders maybe and a few burly and hairy bears. But whatever they own, they are the exception: most lesbians and especially gay men don’t have pets at all (57%). This applies especially to London where a staggering 72% of gay men just cannot find the time to look after any kind of animal, apart from that pig that never returns your calls and will sooner or later break your heart.

When something more than a purr and a friendly lick is needed, here come the other friends, the 'human' ones. The survey highlights the importance for gay men and women to have friends of the same sexuality, an obvious way to communicate with people who share the same experiences. Friends are in many cases a chosen family, a micro-community that acts as a reference point, helping to achieve a sense of identity. But the number of homosexual friends is never as high as to suggest a desire for isolation from the straight world. Most respondents have just as many straight friends as gay ones. Only in London do gays and lesbians have more homosexual friends (55%): a reflection of a wider and more varied community.

But when the support needed transcends the physical world, there is always God. Despite the fact that most religions condemn homosexuality, a substantial percentage (39%) of lesbians and gay men believe in God; men in greater numbers than women. And men in their 40s, 50s and 60s are more likely to be believers than younger guys, possibly too preoccupied by worldly matters, and much older gay men, who maybe have come to terms with their mortality. It does not seem to indicate that the need for a higher being is innate in human nature. Some 28% don’t believe in God and a very similar proportion don’t know or are unsure.
 cody11
Msg: 14
Do Real men like Cats?
Posted: 11/28/2007 6:59:06 PM
The only cat that’s good is the one that just got run over by a car and is squirming on the side of the road with its intestines hanging out of it’s stomach.
Guess you get it that I hate cats……..sorry but I like sheep better. Blow them up…..have fun and then pop them!
 not spongebob square pant
Msg: 15
Do Real men like Cats?
Posted: 11/28/2007 7:22:20 PM
^^^^^^stay of my street!!!! I like my cat!!!
 Dumpling-Girl
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Do Real men like Cats?
Posted: 11/28/2007 7:27:10 PM
I am more of a cat person, and I am somehow attracted to cat guys even if I don't know ahead of time that they are cat guys. I think it's because cat people respect independence, and don't need the subservience and constant attention people get from dogs, so they are going to get along much better with me, because I am definitely not subservient. I have never really dated a dog person seriously, even though I love dogs.
 sas007
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Do Real men like Cats?
Posted: 11/28/2007 7:33:06 PM
Dogs have owners
Cats have servants
Ive owned both so I know lol.
 Starlite444
Msg: 18
Do Real men like Cats?
Posted: 11/28/2007 8:02:33 PM
Luv my cats! If the man doesn't, I don't want to know him.
 ~CARL LINGUS69~
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Do Real men like Cats?
Posted: 11/28/2007 8:09:09 PM
I like cats and dogs they taste like chicken ha ha.
 XmasBunny
Msg: 20
Do Real men like Cats?
Posted: 11/28/2007 8:14:36 PM
^^^^ hahahahaha ... soooooo funny I forgot to laugh
 AKwithasmile
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Do Real men like Cats?
Posted: 11/28/2007 8:31:07 PM
Although I have occasionally been the subject of other’s fantasies, for the most part I am Real. And a Man. And, though I’m not sure how much I like them, I do have three cats. These guys are stranger than fiction. Meow, meow.
 sweet_scorpio
Msg: 22
Do Real men like Cats?
Posted: 11/28/2007 8:39:31 PM
NO i dont consider guys who have cats real men. hahaha nothing like a guy meowing back at his **** and having it jump up on the couch as they cuddle with it and then the cat farts on them or something....ahahah .sorry guys but i seriously hate cats. i guess because im really alergic.
dogs are awesome. i dont like little ones though has to be big . aha!
my dogs not mans best friend....hes my best friend... aww. im gonna go play some ball rite now.

cats dont bring anything to people except bugs, dead mice or birds... a dog will protect you and probably would die trying to save you while your cat ran and hid under the couch.
 ~CARL LINGUS69~
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Do Real men like Cats?
Posted: 11/28/2007 8:58:28 PM
did'nt you had a sense of humour cats and dogs are a pain to look after ,what with vets bills ,medication etc.
 XmasBunny
Msg: 24
Do Real men like Cats?
Posted: 11/28/2007 9:23:09 PM
did'nt you had a sense of humour cats and dogs are a pain to look after ,what with vets bills ,medication etc.

So we kill them?? OPMFG!

good grief! once again!!!!!!

no really, my dear.. you must not have pets as they are never a pain to look after for pet lovers. . I must admit sometimes they are a challenge and require some juggling of our social life to be sure we spend quality time with them.. but Who Gives A fvk??? and who cares about the vet bills, etc. Its all part of the responsibility of taking on a pet. But to joke about them being a meal.. ????not funny, as usual.

Anything I give up for my pet, I am confident that if they were able, they would reciprocate two fold!

and please stop referring to me as not having a sense of humor just because I question your posts.. A sign of weekness, my dear!

Carry on!

The only cat that’s good is the one that just got run over by a car and is squirming on the side of the road with its intestines hanging out of it’s stomach.

Sick............ just sick - thats all I have to say about your comment. Not funny at all, dude

oh.. btw.. would love to have you come over here, Carl and have my dog take a chunk out of your a$$ LMAO
 -SIMONA-
Msg: 25
Do Real men like Cats?
Posted: 11/28/2007 9:29:26 PM
What about Pigs?

Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.
Kitty,Kitty,Kitty oops ,Piggy ,Piggy, Piggy where are you?
Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  > Do Real men like Cats?