Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Workable pickup lines to use on a guy      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Bethlet
Msg: 1
Workable pickup lines to use on a guyPage 1 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
Has a woman ever walked up to you in the middle of a store, or in the park, or at the coffee shop.....and struck up a conversation with you? If so, what was her opening line?

If a woman that you found to be remotely attractive did so, what would you think about her? What would you think was her motive? If she asked you to coffee, would you go?

What could she say that you would not think she was very strange?

In short....what would you consider to be an acceptable "opening line" from a total stranger in public somewhere? Serious now...none of this "nice shoes, wanna have sex" thing...........
 cupholder
Msg: 2
Workable pickup lines to use on a guy
Posted: 12/3/2007 9:10:18 PM
No.

"Whoa, wtf?" I'd probably think she was setting me up for some great joke at my expense.

I really don't know, as I've absolutely never had this happen.
 Bikerscum
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 12/3/2007 9:16:04 PM

Has a woman ever walked up to you in the middle of a store, or in the park, or at the coffee shop.....and struck up a conversation with you? If so, what was her opening line?

Nope.

had quite a few women tell me 10 years later I should have asked, and I could have had their genitalia on toast.
 ubkobalt
Msg: 4
Posted: 12/3/2007 9:18:41 PM
It's never really happened in a successful way as far as I can tell. (If I'm approached, usually her boyfriend comes around, her evil friend drags her away, or she does that running off thing that happens when I'm the one who approaches.)

Does this happen? I'm not convinced. Must be a trap.

Anyway, "Hi" is good enough. Ease into a conversation. And then, with her actions, she sticks around and is flirtatious. That's it. Maybe some flattery to let me know that she was seriously interested in me and not just bored and wanted to talk.

As long as I was single and open to the idea, she's in. Oh, and go alone. Leave the friends at home or far away.

As far as cheesy/unknown line, the recent one off the top of my head is "You look like a Baldwin brother in that leather." I have no idea if that's a compliment or not. Was it a come on? Was it an insult? Was it just random commentary? I have no idea. She was annoying anyway.
 Kee2
Msg: 5
Posted: 12/3/2007 9:22:41 PM
I've been approached before in the middle of a store and women have started conversations with me. I don't really call them opening lines, but usually, it just takes a "Hello. How are you?" to get the conversation started with me. I had a really cheesy one about my eyebrows being "sooooo attractive", but she was nice.

I would actually like the fact that she thinks for herself and does what she wants. Even if I didn't find her attractive, there's something admirable about a lady not having the attitude that a man always needs to stick his neck on the chopping block. We do it all the time. It's a breath of fresh air for a lady to do it, so she gets points with me.

She could say any number of things having to do with a compliment or something about the situation at hand (where we are), what's going on there and like I said above, in the first paragraph, "Hello. How are you?" works wonders.

Compliments are nice to start off with. If you don't have a compliment, maybe it's just me and my mindset, but, "Hello. How are you?" is a perfect start if you are feeling shy. A guy like myself would take an opening like that and try to turn it into an opportunity to make a friend or at least keep the conversation going.
 mr. dynomite
Msg: 6
Posted: 12/3/2007 9:24:44 PM

yup. all the time....

- "Hi, would you like to sponsor me for Unicef?"
- "Excuse me, could you please get your grocery bag off the hood of my car?"
- "That will be $4.78 for the coffee and bagel"
- "Hello... do you believe in Jehova? take this pamphlet and repent!!"
- "Umm sir... how much longer will you be on the payphone?"

Mik3yLoL
Msg: 7
Posted: 12/3/2007 9:26:05 PM
Can i sit on you?
 Mr Fahrenheit
Msg: 8
Posted: 12/3/2007 9:28:45 PM
Has a woman ever walked up to you in the middle of a store, or in the park, or at the coffee shop.....and struck up a conversation with you?

No.

If a woman that you found to be remotely attractive did so, what would you think about her?

That she was remotely attractive.

What would you think was her motive?

She wanted to talk to me.

If she asked you to coffee, would you go?

If I didn't get any creepy vibes, yes.

"Hi, my name is (insert name here) . You caught my eye and I was wondering if you would care to..." The request would depend on where the interaction took place.
 Mark 77
Msg: 9
Posted: 12/3/2007 9:30:27 PM
You don't need to use pickup lines with guys. Its so rare that we get asked out that it doesn't take a cute or funny line to get our attention.
 mr. dynomite
Msg: 10
Posted: 12/3/2007 9:34:25 PM

Can i sit on you?

no.

but thanks for asking first.

Mountain Lion 1
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 12/3/2007 9:40:03 PM
^^^ what he said post 9
gosh are we gullible
but really any approach by a woman is welcome and my response (thoughts) would relate straight to the point of the question.
dance = cool thank you
drink = lemme think about that, how many did you have?
sit on face= no comment
 Mr. Serious
Msg: 12
Posted: 12/3/2007 9:50:00 PM
easy guy`s your killing me here,
but on a personal note, to OP, yes i have,and the most manipulative line they use is
do you come here often, so if they ask within the first 4 frases, your a target but what for........
 Mafiachixrule
Msg: 13
Posted: 12/3/2007 9:54:40 PM
Wear a sign around the neck shaped like a remote control.
I'm mute, I own a liquor store and I am orally fixated.

That should do it.
 dashriprock223
Msg: 14
Posted: 12/3/2007 10:15:53 PM
I personally like it when they smile and say 'Can I Supersize that for you?'
 rupan777
Msg: 15
Posted: 12/3/2007 10:16:58 PM
"Hi" and it worked.
 that sam i am
Msg: 16
Posted: 12/3/2007 10:34:26 PM
the trick is to get a guy's attention and let him approach you. if he doesn't, he is probably not interested.
 cupholder
Msg: 17
Posted: 12/3/2007 10:36:04 PM
Yeah, that's it.

No.
 Bethlet
Msg: 18
Posted: 12/3/2007 10:40:28 PM
Sam I am....how does one "get a guys attention" in Home Depot...Longs Drug...Safeway.....Usually, the guy is "task intent"...........

I guess there is always that trick where you throw yourself on the floor and start twitching and stuff.........................

BTW, LOLOLOL to Mafia and Mr. Dynomite. Great answers, LOL.
 Mountain Lion 1
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 12/3/2007 10:48:34 PM

guess there is always that trick where you throw yourself on the floor and start twitching and stuff.........................

wouldn't do that
they'd probably tazer you again
 Random Guy
Msg: 20
Posted: 12/3/2007 10:52:37 PM

Has a woman ever walked up to you in the middle of a store, or in the park, or at the coffee shop.....and struck up a conversation with you? If so, what was her opening line? If a woman that you found to be remotely attractive did so, what would you think about her?

The last time this happened to me, I was at Future Shop, and I was considering and looking over an Apple Powerbook, and she asked me what I thought about them. I told her about the good and bad between PC & Mac, and we talked a bit on it. That was it. It was by no means an "opening line" lol. As for what I thought about her when she asked me my opinion on the computer, well obviously I thought she wanted me right then and there! Duh!?

What would you think was her motive?

I'm afraid my thoughts may offend some readers...

If she asked you to coffee, would you go?

Hell yeah!
I trust you all can see the sarcasm in my answers above?

Something other than, an "opening line." Why does it have to be so complicated when there is no need for it... just say some form of "hello" lol.

Cheers!
 Bethlet
Msg: 21
Posted: 12/3/2007 10:57:57 PM
Ok, no line. But how do you get from "Hello" to "Would you like to go to coffee some time?" Without them thinking you are a total nutcase?

And would it be totally tacky to hand them your "card"?

Mountain Lion, LOLOL....."tazer"

Oh and....
Would it be appropriate to ask for THEIR number? Or do you just give them your card and wait around....

OR....do you say "So. I have tickets to such and such on Friday night and I'll be glad to take you...but since I'm paying, you'll have to put out."..Wait..no, I mean, "since I'm paying, I don't have to put out...."
 Random Guy
Msg: 22
Posted: 12/3/2007 11:02:15 PM

Ok, no line. But how do you get from "Hello" to "Would you like to go to coffee some time?" Without them thinking you are a total nutcase?

Exactly as you said it, one after the other lol.

As for a card, I'd do it. Given how - as some of us know - men are seldom asked out, the fact that you dare to pass a guy your "card", would illustrate the potential seriousness of your invitation!

Cheers!

Edit:

Oh, and don't even THINK about backing out after you give him your card, cause he'll know where you work! haha
 Bikerscum
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 12/3/2007 11:04:48 PM

Mountain Lion, LOLOL....."tazer"

Welcome to the dilemma men have had to face for centuries.
At least a man won't be violently rude to you or sneer at you.
 Random Guy
Msg: 24
Posted: 12/3/2007 11:10:19 PM

Oh and....
Would it be appropriate to ask for THEIR number? Or do you just give them your card and wait around....

OR....do you say "So. I have tickets to such and such on Friday night and I'll be glad to take you...but since I'm paying, you'll have to put out."..Wait..no, I mean, "since I'm paying, I don't have to put out...."

This is too much. I mean yeah, it's gratuitous lol. Do you have to pause before answering the phone to decide what you will say? C'mon... lmao. This isn't morse code damn it!!

Cheers!
 Bethlet
Msg: 25
Posted: 12/3/2007 11:12:23 PM
lol, I was joking. xoxoxoxo

But seriously, do you give them YOUR number or do you ask for theirs? I mean this is uncharted territory here, and after this thread I may write a book............

And you know, I think if they were with another guy, I bet they might be rude.....I think you have to pick a lone stranger..........
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Workable pickup lines to use on a guy