Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > kissing on the first meeting/date [CLOSED Redundant]      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 primavera101
Msg: 1
kissing on the first meeting/date [CLOSED Redundant]Page 1 of 1    
I've had this happen a few times and was wondering what women think..and other men's experiences...Often a meeting/date will average 2-3 hours...could be a walk or coffee and if things are going well...perhaps dinner..so....what is the best approach to someone you want to see again...

1. say some nice phrase and part without any body touching.
2. perhaps a hug good night.
3. shake hands.
4. a kiss..

I saw a note from Jennifer Lopez, where she said a kiss on the first date...well...if it's not special...there won't be a second date..

When I really like someone...i find it hard to not share a kiss goodnight..but so often it leaves me with doubt & some guilt (you know..hold off...let it build..)..thoughts?
A wonderful ex-gf of mine held off until the 3rd date...intentionally and we had 3 great years together...and yes it was worth the wait.

Your Subject - Done to death
Learn to use the FORUM Thread Search Tool
Select an example below and then hit the seach button - find an already in progress thread to join.

Additional reference material to read as to why:
The premier reason why we close redundant threads
FAQ - Redundant Threads - Why not get rid of old ones?
Forums: Redundant Threads/Archival Value

Thread Closed - Redundant

PogoThrill
Msg: 2
kissing on the first meeting/date
Posted: 12/29/2007 10:41:06 PM
JLo wrote you a note?

was this after you shook her and at the end of a date?

A kiss ,,, is not sex,, we;re adults here I think if there isnt a kiss the prolly wasnt any chemistry and therefore no need for a second date..
 primavera101
Msg: 3
Posted: 12/29/2007 10:43:05 PM
I was actually searching online for famous quotes and came across one by her..strange place for it...it was under love quotes. It does make sense in my experience though...
 time4_2
Msg: 4
Posted: 12/29/2007 10:43:27 PM
I think Jennifer Lopez was right on!!!
 nymie465
Msg: 5
Posted: 12/29/2007 11:02:27 PM
Being the huggy, touchy-feely type, I was mystified when my last date ended in a hand-shake. Dunno, but there hasn't been a second date...

*horrified* maybe Jlo's right!! Aww, I guess the world really just might be at an end!
 dutchpirate
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 12/29/2007 11:05:26 PM
A hug and if the hug feels right, a kiss. I ended up kissing one guy on the first night just before I walked home and I didn't end up getting home for atleast another 15 minutes ;)
 primavera101
Msg: 7
Posted: 12/29/2007 11:12:29 PM
But was there a 2nd date dutchpirate..and did a relationship result..and was there any 'regret'...afterwards..even if it felt great at the time.
 playfully_synful
Msg: 8
Posted: 12/29/2007 11:18:55 PM
Unless it was a really special date with immense attraction there, and obvious on both sides... I'd be much more comfortable with a warm hug than a kiss. Of course if the obvious attraction IS there.. then a kiss will feel right and natural and should go with the flow
 RedCassandra
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 12/29/2007 11:29:57 PM
Options 1 and 3 are much more of a sign that there will be no second date, to me.

A hug is perfectly fine... A quick peck on the lips can be quite a turn on, and have me anticipate the second date and look forward to a kiss... A kiss on the first date is more of an exception than a rule... but, it happened and it certainly did not lead to regrets...

I guess I am not much into the whole guilt/regret/smack myself on the head type of person... (unless we are talking about hitting yourself on a head with the hammer, but that's a whole different story that I should not start here... let's just say, do-it-yourself projects are off the table for me)

PogoThrill
Msg: 10
Posted: 12/29/2007 11:32:04 PM
DO people not have sex on the first date anymore?

what is the world coming to?
 Heartbreaking12
Msg: 11
Posted: 12/29/2007 11:51:49 PM
^^LOL

If the first date was good....you do the whole move in thing..moving in slowly ..invading their space...if they're ok with that then go for a hug...make it one of those full body contact hugs...and if their body language gives a green light...then move in for the quick peck on the lips...if that's ok..then another..and another..until well...you know how this story ends...

:)

Sometimes you kiss ....sometimes you dont.

Depends on you and the person you are sharing your time with.

Heart
 Tina4050
Msg: 12
Posted: 12/30/2007 12:54:08 AM
Please note when leaving my two cents here that I am not being judgmental. I am aware that it is abvious not everyone here is looking for a long term relationship, but just amediate gratification.

But to answere the question above for myself:

I am a very effectionat person, PDE big time, love to hold hands, snuggle and caress. I do think kissing on the cheeks (arriving and departing) is ok effection. However kissing (making out) is sex or sexual contact. It is and can be easy to spread an STD this way. There for in my ideal, kissing (making out) should be presurved for the person you think you could spend the rest of your life with. Would you take care of them and love them even if they could not have relations or kiss? Then you should talk to them about kissing, your feelings and the next step.

I would never date again, a man who kissed without asking or did not ask ahead of time (explaining his feelings). If he doesn't comunicate durring dating why would he comunicate well as a husband or boyfriend??? Or for that matter be someone who would comunicate well durring sex? That goes for wemon as well.

This of course is just my take but does anyone care about not spreading STD's? Do you realize if you even date once a week that is 52 make out sessions a year? If you have been doing that, I suggest you keep schedualing your doctors appiontments because it's only a matter of time before you will be needing medication for something.. Matter a fact you have probably been exposed to one STD about ten times allready.

I want to be as healthy as possible for the person I will love in the future. Although I am aware I have lucked out becuase my partners in the past did not love or respect me in the same way I did them. This could have easly cost me my health (and almost did). So I never like to judge. But if you are running around thinking making out is going to help you get to know someone and/or have nothing to loose because you allready...well are on medication. Think again, if not for yourself, think of the other people who have a right to know your medical standing if they are having that kind of personal contact with you.

Like someone said here, after all we are adults arn't we? Being able to have sexual contact (even if it is making out) does not make you an adult, it's just one of the benifits.

Well thats just my conservative take on things, I wish you all the best of luck. Again, I am aware that not all of you are looking for relationships of a long term type. That you are here to meet people for sexual reasons. But I also know there are people who are here looking for one special person and so I thought maybe letting some bloggers here know that there are those who are looking to keep thier health the best they can and meet one special someone before any kind of sexual contact including making out.
I hope there are people who don't think ( I will speak for myself) that any kind of sexual contact (making out) within three dates is... well expected. If anything it is a magor turn off!!

If you had a choice.. to take home "the greatest lover" or "the greatest kisser" or the greatest love of your life (partner) who would you choose?

I would choose the later ("the greatest love of my life" a partner a best friend).. why? becuase the other two can be taught ( and it would be fun learning).

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > kissing on the first meeting/date [CLOSED Redundant]