Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > New Mexico  > Plenty of Fish New Mexico Event (Albuquerque)      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 tiredofkisnfrogs
Msg: 1
Plenty of Fish New Mexico Event (Albuquerque)Page 1 of 1    
Would Albuquerque and nearby surrounding fishes be willing to meet somewhere if one could coordinate such a feat?

It could be fun and exciting not to know if you were flirting/talking to a fish or someone who has no idea.

Would the women feel safe and the men turn out?
 dhubsith
Msg: 2
Plenty of Fish New Mexico Event (Albuquerque)
Posted: 1/2/2008 3:51:54 PM
It would be a pretty long hike for me from Silver City, but if I had enough notice and the weather co-operated I would probably show up.

These events can be a lot of fun, or at least that is the impression I got from reading the Texas forum. They usually hold them around DFW or Austin, and have really big turnouts. A lot of the people there already know each other from the forums, so there is already a core group that can help the shy ones feel at home. I had been hoping there would be one in El Paso, which is a lot closer to me than ABQ, but no such luck.

Good luck, and I hope this works out.
 DancingEarth
Msg: 3
Posted: 1/2/2008 9:20:38 PM
I'd do it once I get there and find a place to live--moving this month. Hopefully by summer I'll be settled and the boxes will have disappeared not to be seen for a long long time. I graduated from college, got a job in Santa Fe, and ready to have a social life again!
 BMWBri
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 1/4/2008 10:27:14 PM
If I could make it to an event I would. I never know what will happen next! Grin Brian
 dbldown
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 1/15/2008 11:08:35 AM
I would show up, nice way to get out of the house..lol
 wildirishgypsy
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 1/17/2008 8:41:01 PM
Depends where it was held. It sounds like a fun idea.
 forum_moderator
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 4/7/2008 6:05:45 AM
Hosts on POF are volunteers so if you would like to organise something in your area please contact Forum Moderator when you have organised something before posting it or if you have any questions about how to go about it.

There are no designated hosts for any area. You can still host even if someone else has hosted an event there.

The first things to think about is:

1. What time of the day do you want to host something?
2. When in the week? Weekday/Weekend?
3. Do you want children to attend or adults only?

Then once you have decided on the day, time and the who you can think about the what..

So you have decided on your event, contact Forum Moderator and check the event is ok to post, then once you get the ok, go and post it in the Singles Events Forum for your local state

It will appear in the main forum you will then need to mail Forum Moderator to ask for it to be moved and scheduled, remember to include the URL/Link address in the mail.

It will then get moved and scheduled, and you can ask for it to be fancied up too.

And don't forget to read the rules:

FAQ - Planning on Hosting a Event? Things you need to Know

When trying to gauge interest it is best to remember that you won't be able to tell by polling the forum, the best bet is to put together a small meet and poll the entire user base local to the area

(Forums are used by less than 4% of the userbase). Most attendees do not use the forums and find out about events via word of mouth, green links above the inbox and the mass mail sent out about an event to a 10K radius of the venue.
 Clever Q T
Msg: 8
Posted: 6/8/2008 5:37:35 PM
Hi,
Has there been an event yet? I'm very interested in attending.
C Q T
 prvtlover4u
Msg: 9
Posted: 6/26/2008 1:19:07 PM
yea sure I would be down kinda of a meet and greet thing
 singingfrogg
Msg: 10
Posted: 8/2/2008 3:38:22 AM
Com"on try a singingfrogg?? LOL's
 FroggieNM1
Msg: 11
Posted: 11/25/2008 8:33:56 AM
Sure! I would certainly be up for an event of this sort! If one happens, send me a message on my profile to let me know when where and time and I will come!

FroggieNM
 TribalDancer3
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 12/26/2008 8:29:25 AM
I'd love to go to an event like this but it looks like no one is interested in organizing it.
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 12/29/2008 7:51:57 PM
i would like to go where is it going 2 b held id love 2 meet someone i c ould chat with.
 TxBluEyes74
Msg: 14
Posted: 12/29/2008 9:24:50 PM
I would love to meet you people on here. Any ideas on when or where?

I would suggest at least a couple of months (March 09'), because not to many people post here on these forums and this would at least give people time to come and view the place and time. And if it goes well, we can have another.. Who knows
 Libby55
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 1/6/2009 9:32:34 PM
Dions Pizza is safe, no worry about anyone getting loaded and not making it home. Or one of the pubs on Central for those more adult minded?

I bet we could use a buddy system once there to ensure a safe parking lot.

So, why don't we just start one? Post an invite and anyone who shows gets to help pick the next spot for next month. Libby
 diceman203
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 1/8/2009 3:05:07 AM
I think it would be great fun. I'm all for it.
 OneCoolChick24
Msg: 17
Posted: 1/12/2009 7:36:22 AM
I would attend - sounds like fun!
 schnitzelfritz
Msg: 18
Posted: 6/7/2011 6:16:28 PM
Plan your work and work your plan, meanwhile, keep it simple stupid.
 jaxu
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 10/14/2011 7:06:15 PM
Image bored.. Lets go do something!!! :)
Show ALL Forums  > New Mexico  > Plenty of Fish New Mexico Event (Albuquerque)