Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Do Guys Like Women Who Speak Their Minds?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 taz in love
Msg: 1
Do Guys Like Women Who Speak Their Minds?Page 1 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Happy New Year!!

As an open-minded single woman who very much has her own opinions and speaks her mind, I would like to know, does a guy run from OR like a gal who can dish it out AND take it? Now, I am talking about a woman who is sucessful, who has her own home and means of survival and doesnt want a man to take care of her, but rather to be with her. Or do you guys seek out more of the needy type? Inquiring minds want to know!
 strangerstill
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Do Guys Like Women Who Speak Their Minds?
Posted: 1/2/2008 3:26:14 PM
Sure as long as she likes it when I speak my mind too.
 musubi02
Msg: 3
Posted: 1/2/2008 3:31:39 PM
Who wants needy and dependent. Having your own likes and dislikes, your own opinions and saying so. As long as she has the same respect if my opinions or views or whatever the subject is aren't the same.
 Pamperpooch000
Msg: 4
Posted: 1/2/2008 3:33:04 PM
I have to be honest OP, any woman who is this type of person will already know the answer to this question. Some men like it, some are a little intimidated by it, but most of them find it attractive even if they haven't got the guts to go for it.
 Jet Fuel
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 1/2/2008 3:35:24 PM
I think the majority of guys do.
 taz in love
Msg: 6
Posted: 1/2/2008 4:02:00 PM
Really, I wasnt too sure really. Thanks Pamperpooch000. BUT, I am catching shit from some real meanies in the single parents forum,,,under attack really for speaking my mind,,,so I started to wonder. Some guys like, some not I guess,,,,
 MrVitamix
Msg: 7
Posted: 1/2/2008 4:03:30 PM
speak her mind yes... be loud and brash, no
 clorin
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 1/2/2008 4:07:24 PM
The more a woman can take care of herself the better. I'm a protective type of a guy (even to friends). You would not believe how much I would think my woman was into trouble and she needed me. If she was not back when she said, or I have not heard from her in a little while(only 10% of the time I was right). I really like it when I know a woman can take care of herself, not meaning money wise. Money wise, I would think she is just a mooch or a money crubber.
 oscarz05
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 1/2/2008 4:13:55 PM

As an open-minded single woman who very much has her own opinions and speaks her mind, I would like to know, does a guy run from OR like a gal who can dish it out AND take it? Now, I am talking about a woman who is sucessful, who has her own home and means of survival and doesnt want a man to take care of her, but rather to be with her. Or do you guys seek out more of the needy type? Inquiring minds want to know!

I can't think of a single woman I've ever dated that was afraid to speak her mind. a bunch. I must admit though, I have occasionally been a little trepidatious about dishing it out. the last time I dished it out, most of the lumps and bruises were gone in only a week or two.
 focusedin757
Msg: 10
Posted: 1/2/2008 4:20:13 PM
I don't mind it, as long as she realizes there's a difference between speaking her mind and being rude or disrespectful. Same goes for the guy.
 Settleforthis
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 1/2/2008 4:23:29 PM
There is a time and place for everything.......I respect / like any male or female that knows and follows this.
 mr. dynomite
Msg: 12
Posted: 1/2/2008 4:25:19 PM

Instead of me trying to word it differently, i'm just going to say 'co-sign' and agreed.

UniqueManinSoCal
Msg: 13
Posted: 1/2/2008 4:49:51 PM

Instead of me trying to word it differently, i'm just going to say 'co-sign' and agreed.

I will add my vote on this one as well but add the caveat that both parties do not have to agree, they just have to be mentally and emotionally mature enough to voice then listen. That last part is usually the stumbling block because the loudest tend to think their points of view are the only viable ones stopping from listening which is the most important part of communication.
 ISOsmartwoman
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 1/2/2008 4:52:20 PM
Yes, of course.
 Adam Taylor
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 1/2/2008 4:54:38 PM
Speaking her mind, yes.
Being open and honest, yes.
Sometimes being brutally honest, yes.
Being able to playfully tease and toss about joking insults, yes.

Having no sense of tact, no.
Being constantly rude and abrasive, no.
 Abacus Flinch
Msg: 16
Posted: 1/2/2008 4:55:56 PM
Is this thread about speaking your mind or being financially independent? I congratulate you on combining two very redundant topics into one doubly redundant thread!

Men hate women who have any money at all, or who speak up. No matter how bad things get, women should be broke and never say what they want. If they can afford shoes they must not wear them, and if they can be pregnant, then they should be, and if there is a kitchen to be in, why then that is the room where they should confine themselves unless and until they are needed in the bedroom, or if the truck gets stuck in the muddy driveway, then they can help push it out, but not track mud back into the house or they would have to clean it up.
 taz in love
Msg: 17
Posted: 1/2/2008 5:15:10 PM
OMG,,,,didn't know people were so funny,,,,,seriously,,,you are right though,,,,there are two questions in there,,,,,woooops,,,,,,but I am referring to the "independent type" that can speak her mind and take care of herself,,,,,but wants a man at the same time.
 ubkobalt
Msg: 18
Posted: 1/2/2008 5:20:14 PM
The "independent type" can speak her mind. She's also capable of SELF restraint.

I would say yes to this question in theory, but I know what comes out of those mouths of yours.
 whenyer_strange
Msg: 19
Posted: 1/2/2008 5:26:44 PM

I am catching shit from some real meanies in the single parents
I will have to go look now, but that's pretty par for the course here. Every so often, after I read something I have to walk away from the computer for a while so that I don't type out what I'm initially thinking. The thing is that some of the things that irked me, when I ask my guy friends if my way of seeing it is correct, or if the guy I'm arguing with is correct, only once did they tell me I was being screwy. A few other times they asked if I liked talking to meanies. And the remaining times they laughed their @ss off at the guy and referred to him with some very colorful language.

The thing is that each person here has a different past and environment. Some guys really only seem to know some very negative women, so they assume most are like that. Some only know undereducated women. Some only know highly intelligent or funny women. And so on. I grew up around guys with some seriously terrible ideas about women and they treated women in the most horrible fashion, and I can tell when I'm agitated over what was said, I'm picturing in my mind one of the jerks I grew up with. The guys I know now are seriously wonderful human beings that I'm proud to call my friends, and I have a wonderful boyfriend.

Men that are confident, have done true soul searching within themselves, and question themselves as well as others you will find will never silence what you have to say. They may argue a point, but they don't feel the need to get insulting. To find those men, you have to be that way yourself though.
 DSFINPA
Msg: 20
Posted: 1/2/2008 5:51:19 PM
Sure, why not? Better to know what's going on then trying to guess what's going on.
 That Guy Him
Msg: 21
Posted: 1/2/2008 6:27:15 PM
but I am referring to the "independent type" that can speak her mind and take care of herself

No, because the self-proclaimed "independent type" are usually abrasive, obnoxious, and incapable of accepting other people's points of view if they are in contrast to their own. Want proof? Look at any thread started by a self-proclaimed "independent" woman. Then look at their responses to people who have differing opinions. They never ever "take what they give". NEVER!
 scorpiomover
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 1/2/2008 6:32:45 PM

I would like to know, does a guy run from OR like a gal who can dish it out AND take it?
That's a good description of my good female friends. But they are very thin on the ground. Most women I know who dish it, CANNOT take it. Those who can take it, only dish it when they have to, and people run for the hills when they do.

Now, I am talking about a woman who is sucessful, who has her own home and means of survival and doesnt want a man to take care of her, but rather to be with her. Or do you guys seek out more of the needy type?
I don't look for it, but it does seem to be that all the girls I dated were independent. They certainly weren't with me because they couldn't do better. They definitely weren't looking for me to take care of them either. I know that.
 prescient
Msg: 23
Posted: 1/2/2008 6:32:49 PM
I have no problem with women who speak their minds, as long as she says what I want to hear.
 CSIAnaheim
Msg: 24
Posted: 1/2/2008 6:42:16 PM
Absolutely I do. In fact, I can't stand being around women who don't speak their minds. I've been on too many dates with women who won't say a thing because they're too shy to speak or whatnot.

Granted, there's a fine line between opinionated and arrogant. I like being challenged intellectually, but I don't like being put down or made to feel inadequate.
 BigDBrown
Msg: 25
Posted: 1/2/2008 6:46:31 PM
I love it when a woman speaks her mind. Its when they speak their mind on a subject that they have no clue or correct information on when it comes to the subject. When it comes to other things such as feelings she better speak her mind cause i am no mind reader.
I find a woman more attractive when she speaks her mind and knows what she is talking about. Even better if its opposite from my position because it makes for some great discussion and debates so i hope she can take it if we dont see eye to eye on particular topics.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Do Guys Like Women Who Speak Their Minds?