Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > BEWARE OF EURO PROFILES!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 jrguitar23
Msg: 1
BEWARE OF EURO PROFILES!Page 1 of 1    
I just finished a long correspondence with a lady in Russia who claimed to be interested in my profile. After exchanging mails, she finally got around to asking my full name, and I haven't heard from her since. All my vital info is unavailable to search, and obviously she was searching for credit card info, bank numbers, etc. All I can say is, ladies and gentlemen, make sure you are secure when handing out personal info. I also find it hard to believe how unskilled they are in the subterfuge department. For a while, I was considering marriage with a European, but I may go back to finding an old fashioned American Girl.
 MsRedDress
Msg: 2
BEWARE OF EURO PROFILES!
Posted: 5/24/2005 1:09:19 PM
that is often what happens...

guess its a matter of : if it seems to good to be true theory :)

hope you didnt send over any money !!!
 Laughing Gravy2
Msg: 3
BEWARE OF EURO PROFILES!
Posted: 5/24/2005 1:29:33 PM
Can she trace credit card details by just asking your name?...im not too familiar with these things.You said you were considering marriage with a european,i guess we all have our preferences,,i hardly see any women from my area here in the forum...I stay up until the early hrs too and i just chat with american or canadians.good enough for me.Anyway..good luck to you.
 jrguitar23
Msg: 4
BEWARE OF EURO PROFILES!
Posted: 5/24/2005 1:47:16 PM
Nope, I didn't lose any money or information, because I figured it out on the fly; she was TOO willing. This was the first time I had considered someone other than an American, and it will be the last. I'll try to find a swamp girl from down in here in the Bayou.
 Laughing Gravy2
Msg: 5
BEWARE OF EURO PROFILES!
Posted: 5/24/2005 1:54:07 PM
Can you get me a green card?..hehe..i hate the neighbours here..
 Richard--
Msg: 6
BEWARE OF EURO PROFILES!
Posted: 5/24/2005 1:56:05 PM
Check out the Russian profiles on POF ... there are none. Admin deletes em all because almost 3/4 are scams. Don't waste your time on Russian or Eastern European (Bulgaria, Ukraine etc) responses. Most will eventually ask for money for visa applications, airline tickets, or family help. They will NOT get a visitors visa to the USA even if you vouch for em... 9 out of 10 applications are denied.

There are some good people over there but the scammers have ruined it for all.

I read of a story where a guy in the USA was really taken to the cleaners, and he wrote to of all people the Russian pres... Putin. It was slick but I guess Putin sicked the local cops on the "girl" who turned out to be no more than some hairy Boris grinding out love letters in a complicated dating scam. Dating scams in Russia are widespread... a lot of Europeans get sucked in and the government is starting to take action and prosecute some of these people. It's become a real image problem for the Russians.

The guy didn't expect a response but got one in an odd way... he got a call from his local police looking for more info on behalf of the Russian authorities... that's when he found out the Russian pres took action.

Hopefully "Boris" gets some serious time in one of those dank KGB style dungeons.
 -x0xMUFFINx0x-
Msg: 7
BEWARE OF EURO PROFILES!
Posted: 5/24/2005 11:44:48 PM
wow.. sorry bout ur ending about that european girl... but dont be so fast to throw the judgement... im european :P lol and id like to think im half decent
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > BEWARE OF EURO PROFILES!