Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Do men ever avoid calling a woman to test her level of interest?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Irishlass0668
Msg: 1
Do men ever avoid calling a woman to test her level of interest?Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
I was just curious, if a man and woman have exchanged numbers and had a couple successful dates...does the man ever just contact the woman sporadically as a way to see how interested they are in them and if the woman will take the initiative to contact them? I know that women do this. What do you say guys?
 Bluezzz
Msg: 2
Do men ever avoid calling a woman to test her level of interest?
Posted: 1/18/2008 7:27:59 PM
It's called game playing and there's no shortage of either gender that play them.

Bluezzz
 zopz
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 1/18/2008 7:30:14 PM
I don't. It's just stupid games.
 mr. dynomite
Msg: 4
Posted: 1/18/2008 7:46:41 PM

Yeah.... i was 15 years old at the time. I stopped a looOOoOOooOong time ago.

I can't see why any adult would want to play a child's game though. If i'm interested, she'll know. None of little games involved either.

Aurora772
Msg: 5
Posted: 1/18/2008 8:07:20 PM
OP, players do that. Real men interested in a serious relationship with a woman don't.
 sunlover2007
Msg: 6
Posted: 1/18/2008 8:16:42 PM
What if you just want to relax. You had a first date and it wasn't anything out of a romance novel and you just want to sit back and see what happens. That is not my usual approach, but I've decided to mix it up lately. I'm pleasantly surprised most of the time. Chasing get's old real quick.
 Blue Collar Dad
Msg: 7
Posted: 1/18/2008 8:18:29 PM
If I'm interested, she'll know it, cuz I'll tell her. If she's interested, hopefully she'll tell me. If we have had a few successful dates, I would hope that we are talking regularly, not sporadically, unless that was the arrangement. But honestly, after a few good dates, I dont know if I would be interested in just sporadic conversation. I would be wanting to get to know her better, and that only happens with regular, open conversation.
 lostintheshuffle
Msg: 8
Posted: 1/18/2008 9:37:37 PM
If I ever feel like I am doing all of the calling I delete the person's number to see if I get a phone call. I do know most of my female friends say that a guy should be the one to call all the time to prove his interest and if she is interested she will answer or get back to him.
 James P.
Msg: 9
Posted: 1/18/2008 9:41:23 PM
If I ever feel like I am doing all of the calling I delete the person's number to see if I get a phone call. I do know most of my female friends say that a guy should be the one to call all the time to prove his interest and if she is interested she will answer or get back to him.

I'm the same way, but with msn. I don't own a cell.
 ADoseOfReality
Msg: 10
Posted: 1/18/2008 9:44:40 PM
There are men that do that sort of thing, but they're rare.

Most men avoid that kind of bullsh*t
 SnglSyd
Msg: 11
Posted: 1/18/2008 10:13:32 PM
U guys all kidding right???

So, you have a date or 2, and you soon realise that the last 10 times you were talking on the phone it was because you called her.

Sorry, if a person is really interested, there should be an equal ammount of communication EACH WAY.

Sure, I get sick of doing all the chasing, and I will stop calling if I think that i'm flogging a dead horse.

There are girls who just love getting calls from guys, bugger that, do guys not deserve a phone call every now and again?
 SassySky
Msg: 12
Posted: 1/18/2008 10:28:09 PM
I also have to say this went out with Junior high. I wouldn't put up with it, unless he is suddenly swamped with work etc. If I am interested in the guy he knows it the same as if he is interested in me he had better let me know. I don't do mind games, way to much work.
 garnet73
Msg: 13
Posted: 1/19/2008 1:56:13 AM
Generally, I tend to be pretty attentive in a relationship. I'll call when I say I'm going to call I call. But... if It feels like I'm doing all the work, and I really don't get a sense that my partner isn't really in a partnership then I'm going to back off. I guess at that point my impression is already that they're not as interested as I am, and this is a way to confirm it.
 Seavoyage
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 1/19/2008 1:58:34 AM
I am not sure. Some women and men don't want to talk much on the phone, because they are not phone people or they are not so serious yet... It all depends...
 Ignoble
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 1/19/2008 2:02:28 AM
RE: First post.

Well to me theres only a few reasons to call a woman. To set up a date or to cancel one. Or an emergency I suppose. Beyond that, I really dont see the point. Id rather converse in person. The phone is annoying. I dislike it. lol I dont think a woman should expect more than that unless shes told you she likes to be called. I mean... Im not psychic.
 UniqueManinSoCal
Msg: 16
Posted: 1/19/2008 2:05:12 AM
I am with the other posters, childish games. If I knew of women that did that crap they wouldn't be around me for long. Insecurity is such a turn off.
 AustinApple
Msg: 17
Posted: 1/19/2008 2:59:17 AM
Yes, but i dont take it to extremes not to mention usaully dont have to go that far if i have to go that far usaully not worth the call anyways
 p-trishTHEdish
Msg: 18
Posted: 1/19/2008 4:31:18 AM
If I ever feel like I am doing all of the calling I delete the person's number to see if I get a phone call.

so for you the answer to the topic question would be YES ! im with the guy who said its a childish game that should have been left alone a a loooooooooooooooooooooong time ago.
 whothehellknows
Msg: 19
Posted: 1/19/2008 5:27:09 AM

I was just curious, if a man and woman have exchanged numbers and had a couple successful dates...does the man ever just contact the woman sporadically as a way to see how interested they are in them and if the woman will take the initiative to contact them? I know that women do this. What do you say guys?

I call twice, maybe three times. If I don't get a call back, I delete the number from my cell phone. If it's not in my cell phone, I no longer have the number. If they ever return a call, I re-add it to the phone. If not, oh well.
 wassupwassabi
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 1/19/2008 5:55:53 AM
No, I'm not a player, and I don't think it's worth either of our time to play games like that.
 Harry Peter
Msg: 21
Posted: 1/19/2008 6:00:35 AM
Nah, I rather ding dong ditch.
 rrc1962
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 1/19/2008 6:05:41 AM
Other than to call and set up a date, I don't call. I find idle chit chat on the phone boring and would rather chat in person. Prior to first meet I'll put in some phone time, but once we've got past the general get to know you questions, it's either time to meet or move on.
 strangerstill
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 1/19/2008 6:24:54 AM
I'm pretty shy when it comes to phone calls until I know someone but it isn't a test of confidence. I tend to be more concerned that I might be coming on too strong so I prefer that a woman call me.

Also that way she can hide her number for the sake of safety.
 MONEMPERER
Msg: 24
Posted: 1/19/2008 6:25:00 AM
agrees with syglysyd and I do it with msn as well.

Its quite amusing to find out whom really is interested and who was only talking to u because u talked to them
 northeast25
Msg: 25
Posted: 1/19/2008 7:00:15 AM
I would do that only if I initiated most of the phone calls and she rarely called me first.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Do men ever avoid calling a woman to test her level of interest?