Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Why do guys say one thing n do another?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 sxicardiffgal
Msg: 1
Why do guys say one thing n do another?Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
Guys always say 'Ye we'll go out, we'll sot something out for next week!' then cancel on you, they say their interested in seein where things go and never live up to their word. If guys aint interested why do they say they are then blow you off??
 garnet73
Msg: 2
Why do guys say one thing n do another?
Posted: 1/19/2008 2:56:03 PM
Probably the same reason women do it...
 BigDBrown
Msg: 3
Posted: 1/19/2008 3:00:47 PM
Guys dont always do this. You are generalizing. If i tell some one, yeah we will go do something we will. I will be up front with some one from the get go. If i dont think there is something there to makes plans for later i will tell that person.

But hey women are just as quilty of this as men so just dont point hte finger at men. I have had my fair share of times where a woman has told me, "yeah sure lets go out sometime", only to not ever have it happen.
 Srohack
Msg: 4
Posted: 1/19/2008 3:02:51 PM
Many these kinds of threads never go anywhere.
 UniqueManinSoCal
Msg: 5
Posted: 1/19/2008 3:03:09 PM
It is called a lack of integrity and it shows me the quality of a person they truely are. It is something that is not being taught by parents anymore so you will probably see it less and less. It is unfortunately happening more frequently in both sexes.
 clorin
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 1/19/2008 3:06:56 PM
I'm a person who tries and lives by his word. If it was me making this date and then "blow you off" I guess you should not have dropped your pants. Oh wait.... wrong type of blow off. I try to live by my word, if I do blow you off... something really came up. Something I could not control.... life is that way sometimes. But I would try to let you know I am interested in meeting/ dating you.... just something happened so I can't do it that day.
 Paul B38
Msg: 7
Posted: 1/19/2008 3:07:17 PM
Maybe something came up.

They got sick.

Or they found out you are over possesive, or miserable.

Who knows why.

Maybe try calling and asking the guy in question.
 Roamingsiris
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 1/19/2008 3:10:06 PM
Why do guys do anything?

Because we think its a good idea at the time.

Same as anyone else.

Does that mean that every guy out there is going to do it?

No.

Unless....

No, actually, you never know what somones going to do in any given situation untill they are actaully in it. So, the best advice, dont ask why guys do anything, tis not worth the headache of trying to explain to yet another bitter dumped female why it is the guy of your dreams dosnt feel the same way about you.

Personally, I blame mass media. All the women out there think they are going to end up with Brad Pitt in legends of the fall, and all guys think that Jessica Alba is just waiting around for them.

Truth be told, no. There not. No, your not that goodlooking. No, your not that ritch, no your not that powerfull. And, no, your not that good in bed.

Find somone that actually likes you for you. Besides, at 74 were all going to look like hell, and basically be broken shadows of the people we are now. Live as best you can, while you can, because, no-one wants to look back at thier life on thier death bed and think... "Geez, I wish I had less luck in love"
 Seavoyage
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 1/19/2008 3:48:25 PM
These are the men that you've dealt with. If I tell a woman something, then I mean it. I don't like to B.S. anyone. It is not men always doing this or that, it was the men you met doing that to you... I'm sorry that happened, but there are different kinds of guys out there.
 mjmilan
Msg: 10
Posted: 1/19/2008 4:34:55 PM
Why do guys say one thing and do another?

Simple - we're trying to show you how annoying it is...

Martin
 Handsomesque
Msg: 11
Posted: 1/19/2008 5:24:44 PM
For the same reason women do... it's easier to delay/avoid the confrontation over why you don't want to see them again/anymore. If there's someone I'm not interested in, I don't want a litany of questions on why I'm not interested, I just want to move on, and trying to change someone's mind once they've decided it's a no always looks desperate and pathetic(watch American Idol auditions if you don't believe me).

Women do the same thing all the time, and it sucks when it happens to you, but rejection's a part of life you just have to get used to.
 wassupwassabi
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 1/19/2008 5:39:22 PM

Women do the same thing all the time, and it sucks when it happens to you, but rejection's a part of life you just have to get used to.

Yep, I've just had the same thing happen to me. It sucks, both ways. I hope I never become one of the people that are being complained about here.
 Harry Peter
Msg: 13
Posted: 1/19/2008 8:11:47 PM
Never live up to their word? You need to get better at observing. When it does happen it's usually because something came up, they are no longer interested, found someone else, got sick or scared etc.
 Justcauz1
Msg: 14
Posted: 1/19/2008 8:23:04 PM
I have wondered why women do the exact same thing.
 Fish-Argh
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 1/19/2008 8:34:29 PM
I've actually agreed to see someone, then the more we talk the more I realize how much of a nightmare spending time with her would actually be.
 benyee
Msg: 16
Posted: 1/20/2008 10:48:22 AM
I'm surprised no one has mentioned the obvious reason: alien abduction.

Every year, hundreds if not thousands of people report being abducted or having "memories" of alien experiments performed on them. Anal probes seem particularly popular with extra terrestrials.

Ok, ok, j/k.

It's really simple: when any person does that it's because either they are interested but something interfered with their ability to get back to you or they are not interested. It really is that simple.
 scorpiomover
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 1/20/2008 11:25:29 AM
Because no-one keeps their word anymore?

Your complaint is not about guys. It's about society in general.

If you want things to be different, follow Ghandi's advice:
Be the change.
 James P.
Msg: 18
Posted: 1/20/2008 1:48:20 PM

Guys always say 'Ye we'll go out, we'll sot something out for next week!' then cancel on you, they say their interested in seein where things go and never live up to their word. If guys aint interested why do they say they are then blow you off??

Because girls do it.
 motherof1lookin4fun
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 1/20/2008 5:17:06 PM
Ok, here's my situation, just last night I was suposed to have a date with a guy from POF. We made plans, I made sure my son was taken care of etc... He didn't call, so I checked email, change in plans...promised he would be here later and he'd call me. He never showed up and never called. I have to say I have never been stood up and I was totally shocked by this. Why on earth would a man make a date and say he really wants to meet me blah blah blah then doesn't show up or call? What is that? Totally made me feel like I wasn't worth it and made me feel more insecure than I already was. So you tell me guys what does this action mean? Oh yeah, this would've been our first date.
 Plastic Sturgeon
Msg: 20
Posted: 1/20/2008 5:57:15 PM
Sorry, Some people just don't give a crap about any one's feelings!
 ciscoj33
Msg: 21
Posted: 1/20/2008 10:06:26 PM
well if this isn't the pot calling the kettle black. women do this very thing day in and day out but I don't see them smearin' egg all over their face yet we're wrong if we do it.

here's a bit of advice for ya chicadee....and motherof1lookin4fun....if you don't wanna be stood up then quit approaching guys that are losers.

oh wait a minute...that's probably way too simple for the omnipitent, incredibly intelligent female mind to comprehend.
 agentcokex
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 1/21/2008 4:13:00 AM
I don't think this whole thing was intended to be generalized just towards the males, but there ya go again taking things personally..

Both sexes do it, i've been stood up [he made up for it later], and it sucks, but if you're going to be late or can't make it, make a courtesy call. That's my opinion. If they can't do that, then maybe it's best to not see him again, and send a message saying how hurtful it was. Unless it's a family death, that wasn't a respectful thing to do.

PS, ciscoj33: Omnipotent*
 ciscoj33
Msg: 23
Posted: 1/21/2008 8:22:56 AM
ahh thank you for correcting my spelling. end of a very long day so i was dyslexic.
 motherof1lookin4fun
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 1/21/2008 10:04:48 AM
Sorry if I generalized, I had never been stood up before. I was flabberghasted is all.
 motherof1lookin4fun
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 1/21/2008 10:09:15 AM
Hey now no need to get nasty. You're sarcasm doesn't help. Like I said I had never been stood up b4. I didn't mean to generalize all men into this category. Of course I know that women do this aswell, never said they didn't right? I personally have never cancelled a date with a man. So, you calling this kettle black is generalizing me into that category aswell.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Why do guys say one thing n do another?