Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ohio  > Where are places to go in the Warren, Ohio area???      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 klnic
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Where are places to go in the Warren, Ohio area???Page 1 of 1    
Hi Everyone, I'm an attractive middle age women and find it very difficult to find places to go to meet new friends and to dance. I get along well with everyone, but it seems like the younger crowd has taken over. I love the oldies and would feel more comfortable with the 50+ crowd. I don't look old and I don't act old. I just want to have some fun. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You...
 climbsagain
Msg: 2
Where are places to go in the Warren, Ohio area???
Posted: 1/27/2008 4:55:46 AM
First buy a map. Pick an interesting place outside of warren Ohio . There you are. Fun!
 klnic
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 1/29/2008 3:30:58 PM
STUPID ANSWER...........
 ridinwild94
Msg: 4
Posted: 1/30/2008 5:16:21 AM

STUPID ANSWER...........

Hi klnic
I totally agree on this!!
You seem to be in the same delima that I'm in. Nothing to do in the area. There where some people that started a couple PoF get together dances and such, that where closer to me but they dried up. I don't drink but that isn't what bothers me... there is just not much to do for us older folks unless you drive more than an hour to get to a place.
 magnadaddy
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 2/2/2008 11:26:05 AM
I lived in Warren a long time ago...and go their on occasion with work...my only advice is to move.
 MagicGenie
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 3/31/2008 1:44:56 PM
I don't get out much but Austintown has a couple of places but I think they are the younger crowd also. I'll do a little research for you and let you know. POF will be haveing a get together in Hermatige I believe on the 17th. From Warren it's only about 30 mins.

You are certainly attractive! I wish I were in a better financial position and squire you around. I used to love to dance. I can handle the slow ones ok now but I'd fade fast on anything else.

How did you happen to end up in Warren? I refer to it as Worn-Out. I grew up in Howland and have family here. Otherwise I'd still be in California.

Denny
 klnic
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 4/12/2008 8:44:39 PM
Hi Denny, thank you for the information. The Wedge was mentioned in Austintown. Do you know anything about it? Also, I've heard of Oscars. Do you or anyone else know anything about this place . I would just like to find a place to go 50+ where its not too loud and play music you can dance to. Thanks, and if you've heard of any more places that's not too far from Warren, please let me know. Karen
 Serendipity1baby
Msg: 8
Posted: 11/9/2008 12:14:11 PM
Hi my name is Karen, and I lived in Warren for a few years, about 2 years ago. I am from the Wayen county area. I used to love to go to Little Wings, which is located in the Giant Eagle Shopping Plaza. I forget the name of the road, but most residents know where this place is. They have the best wings, and you can dance there, they have a jutebox, and its a very nice bar to go to. I hope this is of some help to you. Take care and good luck in your search here on POF.

Karen
 ldycate
Msg: 9
Posted: 11/10/2008 3:43:07 PM
My all time favorite place in Warren, Ohio is the HOT DOG SHOPPE!!!!!
I love the chili cheese fries, and hotdogs with chili milk shakes and redpop. I live in Columbus, Ohio but will take the ride every so often with some girlfriends just to go to the Hotdog shop.
It is good eatting!!!!!!!!!!!!
 Divine Conformity
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 11/11/2008 9:49:37 AM
We all get together the 1st and 3rd Saturdays of each month at the Middletown Ramada Bar. There are all ages there and we all love to dance. The cover is only $5 and its a just about having fun. Room rates are just $50 if you need one. Look me up if u come I will be there this Saturday. I can introduce you to the wild or the not so wild.lol
 phsgrls82
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 11/11/2008 11:33:20 AM
The hott dog shop in warren is always a great place to go....other then that - my ex is there - nothing else would draw me to the area again!! lol
 Dave_witch
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 11/12/2008 5:37:48 PM
Honestly, Warren is a dead zone. The Wedge in Austintown is a place for 20-somethings. They all congregate there to dance to the latest rap music. It gets so crowded, one cannot even move across the room, much less talk to anyone. Otherwise, the Up The Creek in Howland is nice, but otherwise, there are just a bunch of neighborhood bars. The Youngstown/Warren club scene is kaput.

I've been going to the local gay club, Utopia, a lot lately. They play good music (I like Techno), and don't get too crowded for my tastes. And they're straight-friendly, so I don't get hassled for being there with my wife.

I think much of the problem is that between the smoking ban and the crackdowns on drinking and driving, nobody wants to go to bars anymore.
 MarkinCortland
Msg: 13
Posted: 12/23/2008 11:17:42 AM
I like the Fireplace off Western Reserve road near 5point... great on the weekends... they have an older crowd 40-60s and music that you can dance to. I hate it when I go out and its all 20 somethings and no one dances either.
 montecristom
Msg: 14
Posted: 1/4/2009 1:59:26 PM
Hi, I go to the Youngstown Warren are for business occasionally. My favorite places to go for dinner while I'm there are
The Springfield Grill,Boardman
Niccolini's Boardman
Vernon's Niles
Station Sq. Youngstown

They have a nice atmosphere, GREAT food , Didn't notice any youngsters. Can't say what they are like after 9:00. You look like the type of person that would appreciate these places. Good Luck. If you get a chance to go to one of them, let me know what you thought of them

Carl
 TOMic bomb
Msg: 15
Posted: 1/13/2009 8:41:00 AM
i have been active in the club scene in the youngstown warren area for 40 years. i am now 56.
the places others have mentioned and they are very good, especially the fireplace but i like the wedge too.

live music...

the radisson in west middlesex-hermitage pa area -just started charging $2 cover.
papa louies mtorcross cafe, live rock bands on weekends in brookfield ohio, no cover
mcmenamy's in niles - girard area oh
salty grogs boardman oh
drunken jacks, poland oh
ice house in ...hell i don't know the name of that town!ohio
leon's in howland cortland oh
jacks are wild biker type bar with rock on weekends outside of hermitage going to mercer pa
clarkhouse country music dive bar in transfer pa
cedar's downtown y-town

dj with top 40, rap - the cell temporarily closed - y-town
mickey's on market y-town
pal joey's -midlothian-y-town

if you need anymore info, contact me.
 Miss Lovin My Life
Msg: 16
Posted: 1/13/2009 8:08:59 PM
Well I know my sister and I use to go to Choices every Thursday, Friday and Sat. Someone said they were were shut down too!! I use to live in the Howland area and have lived in the bus for the last 3 yrs. I love every minute of it! But I did grow up in trashy trumbull co. So good luck on finding a spot!!!
 marla40
Msg: 17
Posted: 1/17/2009 7:18:27 PM
I think we live in a geographically handicapped area!

There is a POF get together next weekend end in New Castle, PA at the Parkstown Lounge. If you go to "Forums" and type in "New Castle", you will see all the information. (Surprisingly, New Castle , England looks like it hops!)

Unfortunately, there are not very many places to go to in our area.

One place I recently discovered and really enjoy is Luva Bella Winery in Poland, Ohio, located on route 224. Very nice atmosphere, wine, and music on occasion. I just need someone to go there with....smile
 Onlyonehonee
Msg: 18
Posted: 2/16/2009 11:55:50 PM
The Blue Wolf in Canfield on route 224, Johnny's in Boardman and Rosetta Stone downtown Youngtown. The other gentleman was right not much in Warren, but there is a bar on 46 in Howland called Jack's it has a nice older crowd and sometime good bands. The Wedge is filled with young one's, but is great for dancing..

Good luck here and have fun dancing.
 micky g
Msg: 19
Posted: 3/25/2009 1:58:20 PM
any more suggestions for good rock dance places?????? some of these are great, but are they still around????? Micky
 Eddie Rebel
Msg: 20
Posted: 3/25/2009 2:19:23 PM
If anybody finds a good rock place...lemme know

I"M IN!!!!

The Saint
Show ALL Forums  > Ohio  > Where are places to go in the Warren, Ohio area???