Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Keeping eyes closed during sex...!??      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Marlo4u
Msg: 1
Keeping eyes closed during sex...!??Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
I've been seeing this guy for about a month or so. We have awesome sex but one thing I noticed is that he never looks at me during sex or even kissing! His eyes are always closed! I am not used to this because about 75% of the time in any relationship I always looked at the other person, and the guy usually looked at me! Not sure what to think about this??? I know he is a little shy but....
We met about 6 yrs ago ut nothing came out of it! Both in relationships at that time! Met up again about 6 months ago and about a month a go decided to start dating!
 paulguy
Msg: 2
Keeping eyes closed during sex...!??
Posted: 1/28/2008 10:19:38 AM
my eyes are always closed while kissing...i find it odd if someone kisses with their eyes open, kind of like i am being watched.

as for his eyes being closed while having sex...why don't you accept the fact that everyone is different and has their own preferences. i don't think it is right to tell him to change, but perhaps you could have a discussion about it and he may want to change for you.
 deerdog1
Msg: 3
Posted: 1/28/2008 10:22:22 AM
maybe i close my eyes during sex and kissing for the same reason i close my eyes when i take the first bite of cherry cheese cake ....i want to heighten my other senses by shutting off my visual senses ...to help me savor the other feelings that im experiencing...maybe he is the same ...if i was kissing someone and they had their eyes open i wouldnt know but if i by chance opened mine and they were looking that would be weird ..me thinks
 monkeyjuice
Msg: 4
Posted: 1/28/2008 10:32:42 AM
well if thats how he likes it whats your problem if its that bad just ask him about it
 Leeanne
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 1/28/2008 10:54:15 AM
I tend to close my eyes as well - so that I can totally absorb myself in the moment. I don't do it on purpose - or to avoid eye contact - it just happens. I do peek once in awhile though !!
 The Ace in the Hole
Msg: 6
Posted: 1/28/2008 12:09:03 PM
Some people just drift away during sex. I keep my eyes open, even during kissing sometimes. Some people refuse to open their eyes during kissing but I'm a very sensuous person. I like to focus on all my senses. And as a man I LOVE a show! None of this pitch black sex please! A little mood light is enough for me, as long as I can make out silhouettes! ;-)
 Richdog
Msg: 7
Posted: 1/28/2008 12:56:48 PM
Closing your eyes is a natural act by people when they want to focus their senses on something,m usually a feeling. Sight is a powerful distraction and a sense that takes up much of the concentration of the brain, so shutting it off can heighten the senses of touch and smell.

Alternatively, he could just be thinking of your friend.

(joke)
 MissPriss
Msg: 8
Posted: 1/28/2008 1:02:33 PM
i like to watch what's happening. lol.

but i had one lover, around 50 years old, who told me he had never experienced so much eye contact during sex ... and he had been married 3 times!!

i say, lights ON!

Marius66
Msg: 9
Posted: 1/28/2008 1:15:48 PM

Walk in with a strap-on, that will open his eyes...
 wondering1980
Msg: 10
Posted: 1/28/2008 1:40:19 PM
why does it matter??? its just sex don't need anything special to enjoy it...
 Luv Karla
Msg: 11
Posted: 1/28/2008 1:56:55 PM
Don't let it bother you that your boyfriend keeps his eyes closed during sex.

When some people are in rapture,they close their eyes.

I don't think your boyfriend does this intentionally.
 crayonzz
Msg: 12
Posted: 1/28/2008 3:02:03 PM
why does it matter??? its just sex don't need anything special to enjoy it...
=================================================
I agree but i think it needs a little more clarification.

To the original poster.
Are those closed eyes , an object of curiosity, a minor irritation, or something so serious that it's destroying your sex life.

There are three parts of sex, turn ons, couldn't care less, or turn offs.

Eg1/ In the couldn't care less variety I'd list things like licking cream off a GFs nipples. Most guys are turned on by it. I couldn't care less about it but would still do it if it turn on the GF. Mostly becasue ofthe sex to follow.

EG2/ I've always found stocking and suspenders a turn on. But if the GF drops her skirt and is wearing pantyhose underneath I'm certainly not going to just get out of bed and walk away. The sex is still good.
 Monikerjak
Msg: 13
Posted: 1/28/2008 3:13:33 PM
Well unless your Jessica Alba or you have a tattoo of her nakid body on your back im wearing the ****ing blindfold over my eyes.

... The nerve of some women, asking me to take my blindfold off.
 Diva~Doll
Msg: 14
Posted: 1/28/2008 3:16:02 PM
HEHE i do both ... i alternate ..lol
 passionandsong
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 1/28/2008 3:23:02 PM
my eyes are open and hers are rolled back...thats what im talking about.lol.
 ForumsRmyCrack
Msg: 16
Posted: 1/28/2008 3:30:37 PM
Are you kidding me? You're having "awesome" sex, and you're going to complain because his eyes are closed? He hasn't called another woman's name, he's not trying to bring your best friend into the bedroom, and you're having "awesome" sex, and it's not enough...get over yourself and your own insecurities. When he opens his eyes, you'll complain that the look in his eyes isn't the way you want it to be...SHEESH!
 Marlo4u
Msg: 17
Posted: 1/28/2008 3:59:38 PM
First of all I am NOT complaining! I am curious..to why he never opens his eyes! I get turned on by opening my eyes from time to time to see his expressions of enjoyment.....
 passionandsong
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 1/28/2008 4:05:27 PM
he is concintrating....he doesnt want to be a minute man.he wants to satisfy you.this is a great guy.
 Ty Webb69
Msg: 19
Posted: 1/28/2008 6:06:15 PM
I would suggest leaving it alone. If you talk to him about it and he decides to give it a try, the great sex may be ruined forever, then lead to bad sex and the only thing left after that is no sex at all.
 snowboard79
Msg: 20
Posted: 1/28/2008 6:09:08 PM
"I've been seeing this guy for about a month or so. We have awesome sex but one thing I noticed is that he never looks at me during sex or even kissing! His eyes are always closed!"

closet homo
 dutchpirate
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 1/28/2008 6:12:36 PM
My eyes are almost closed. A glance here and there is okay but starring right at each other... it's a little too awkward for me.
 Chiwrtr72
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 1/28/2008 6:16:36 PM
I tend to close my eyes... I wouldn't worry about it... unless he starts calling out wrong names of course.
 boyzni3
Msg: 23
Posted: 1/28/2008 6:41:48 PM
OP--I had to check out your profile to make sure you were not talking about a man I used to date. He always kept his eyes closed during sex, and it really bugged me. I always thought was I ugly or was he fantasizing about someone else, etc....anyway I asked and he told me that it was like a total relaxation state for him. He had a weird work schedule so didnt get a lot of sleep and many times was too keyed up to sleep, and I think that it just helped him to enjoy the experience and not be so stressed out.
 Anazdaddy
Msg: 24
Posted: 1/28/2008 7:01:13 PM
I don't understand why this, like so many other sexual and nonsexual aspects in life, is an either/or scenario. Sometimes I close, sometimes I open eyes to get a good view. Just depends on the involuntary reactions of my body when voluntarily giving and recieving pleasure.
 MizzRobin
Msg: 25
Posted: 1/28/2008 7:07:38 PM
Real simple... close my eyes to feel more through other senses, open my eyes when I am done.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Keeping eyes closed during sex...!??