Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > That deep intense eye contact...      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 overexistinginlimbo
Msg: 1
That deep intense eye contact...Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
What does it mean? if anything?? Scenario.... hanging out with dude, one whom i have hung out with before...nothing has ever been there romantically/sexually. Start talking about random things and each time i look up and make any sort of eye contact eyes are locked. Not just for a few words...but until the conversation is done. To my understanding most people make brief eye contact to signify they are listening ect...but am at a loss as to what to make out of this?? It is not something I would act upon, but am very curious if anything what this means for a guy....
 tallguy6-5
Msg: 2
That deep intense eye contact...
Posted: 2/4/2008 8:31:54 PM
Interesting...
I always look people in the eys when I speak with them.
I can tell a lot about a person by looking into their eyes.

maybe that is just me.
 scorpio-dude
Msg: 3
Posted: 2/4/2008 8:36:32 PM
What does it mean? if anything?? Scenario.... hanging out with dude, one whom i have hung out with before...nothing has ever been there romantically/sexually. Start talking about random things and each time i look up and make any sort of eye contact eyes are locked. Not just for a few words...but until the conversation is done. To my understanding most people make brief eye contact to signify they are listening ect...but am at a loss as to what to make out of this?? It is not something I would act upon, but am very curious if anything what this means for a guy....

Ummm... go for it!
Guy gives you chill's, why not see where it goes.... make it an adventure!
You only live once, why not take a risk... might be fun!
 OptimismVsRealism
Msg: 4
Posted: 2/4/2008 8:37:28 PM
it means hes trying to look into your soul, to picture what you were in your past lives. he wants to know what kind of person you are without asking, he wants to see if you have that deep emotional connection. he wants to perceive your thoughts, and anticipate your actions. he feels he can best communicate his desires to you through his eyes, and prays you will receive and accept them.

or he just wants to **** you*.

*and after seeing you in that superman costume, i can see why!
 dmc951
Msg: 5
Posted: 2/4/2008 8:38:59 PM
If he does not normally have that long eye contact then something has changed for him in the way he sees you... Now heres a couple of Q's that you now have, 1st does this change in eye contact really matter to you? 2nd what has changed for him? it may or may not be as romantic as long eye contact may suggest.
 Handsomesque
Msg: 6
Posted: 2/4/2008 8:44:21 PM
I'm pretty sure there's an Akon song that deals with this exact situation.

...you already know.
 Kidd Icthus
Msg: 7
Posted: 2/4/2008 8:52:02 PM
It means he's a good listener. Not all good listeners do it, but some do (I'm one of those someones...)
 overexistinginlimbo
Msg: 8
Posted: 2/4/2008 9:03:08 PM
"Guy gives you chill's, why not see where it goes.... make it an adventure!
You only live once, why not take a risk... might be fun!" Naw, somethings are better left untouched....it is just one of the situations i have never encountered before with someone i knew. sure we all have at the walking across the room eyes lock for a brief moment type of thing ect and youre intrigued yada yada bullshit but this was different and i was/am not what to think about it. So thanks!!
 dmc951
Msg: 9
Posted: 2/4/2008 9:15:37 PM
overexistinglimbo....you make me laugh!!! that last post reminded me of a movie call "What women want" lol, no wonder us poor men find it hard to figure you guys out..lol !! Mind you life would be boring if it was too easy...lol
 overexistinginlimbo
Msg: 10
Posted: 2/4/2008 9:30:59 PM
please humor me...what did i say that prompted "no wonder us poor men find it hard to figure you guys out.."????
 Plastic Sturgeon
Msg: 11
Posted: 2/4/2008 9:49:48 PM
It's just possible that this is a tactic (of his) to seduce you
 scorpio-dude
Msg: 12
Posted: 2/4/2008 9:51:51 PM
just one of the situations i have never encountered before with someone i knew.

How do you know unless you try?
Oh I get it, sympathy post!

Gotta cha!
 overexistinginlimbo
Msg: 13
Posted: 2/4/2008 10:05:56 PM
sympathy post?? YES!! that makes perfect sense!! Or possibly it could be that i was curious about it?? I think i clearly stated that it wasnt something i wanted to try. but i wanted to hear others opinions on it, and see what they had to say considering i never experienced this before. However if that makes me a sympathy poster...then carry on. I did not want to take it upon myself and assume and look like a jackass...which is why i asked you should try it sometime...
 clorin
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 2/4/2008 11:41:43 PM
You had a zit close to your eye, he was staring at it like it was about to eruption like mount saint helen. That is all it was. There is no way he likes you. nope... none. get to the doctor about that zit now.
 dmc951
Msg: 15
Posted: 2/5/2008 12:04:21 AM
sympathy post.. whats that??
Plastic sturgeon tactic to seduce her bro ?? i'm in the Canberra Australia... maybe your into phone sex but here were pretty much straight up!
I just thought in your last post you had an answer for you first post...
 Gunner57
Msg: 16
Posted: 2/5/2008 12:06:33 AM

It is not something I would act upon, but am very curious if anything what this means for a guy....

if you have to ask complete strangers then it means your not ready to understand what it means.
 UniqueManinSoCal
Msg: 17
Posted: 2/5/2008 12:30:17 AM
He is trying really really hard not to look at your boobs!
 Random Entry
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 2/5/2008 2:01:00 AM
He's either a) Into YOU or b) It is part of his character that he does all the time. Can't tell you what your guy was saying but as for me I don't do deep intense eye contact if I'm not truly and honesty impressed by the female standing before me. Most guys don't realize that even in a room filled with people deep intense eye contact can carve out an intimacy between two people.

It's a sign of interest -- you can't read ANYTHING more than that into it because beyond that for each guy it's different.

OP, that'll cost you one fun-loving date to be determined at a halfway point between our two bordering states. Eye contact will cost ya extra! Funny tagline btw.
 Marius66
Msg: 19
Posted: 2/5/2008 3:27:02 AM

nothing has ever been there romantically/sexually.

Maybe his feelings are beginning to change towards you.....and he is becoming attracted to you..

Besides being a very beautiful young woman ..OP.....he is obviously falling for your inner beauty as well.

He is becoming fixated with you and is unable to take his eyes from you..

If your attracted to him.....maybe ask him out.
 Mojo_LA
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 2/5/2008 3:27:48 PM
Maybe you had a piece of food stuck in your eye?

Either that or he was trying to communicate interest in you non-verbally.

If you're not interested in him, next time you notice him staring, just politely say "what are YOU staring at, d1ckface?"

That usually gets the point across.
 unknownartist
Msg: 21
Posted: 2/5/2008 3:59:46 PM
One reason might be that wants to fight you. In some cases, especially with most animals a stare is a threatening act. It is a challenge.

Another possibility is that he was lost in though. It happens to me all the time and people think I'm staring at them.

Or the true reason might be that you may hae talked about things that may have changed his impression of you and was in a awe moment.

The last possible reason is that he is attracted to you.
 PassionateSeduction
Msg: 22
Posted: 2/5/2008 5:11:10 PM
What does it mean to you? To me, it just means that I'm totally interested in whatever it is that we are talking about. That's really all it means to me. Nothing romantic about it. If other people think that there's more to it, i better stop looking everyone in the eyes while having interesting conversations.
 simplelady66
Msg: 23
Posted: 2/5/2008 5:21:53 PM

I always look people in the eys when I speak with them

Same here tallguy6-5. It was one of the hardest, but most valuable steps I took years ago to overcome my shyness.

Now I always look people in the eye.
 SingleGuy4912
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 2/5/2008 5:27:01 PM
As long as he's not licking his lips and rubbing his hands together while having intense eye contact with you....

It's happened a few times with me. One girl was literally breathtakingly beautiful that I forgot to breathe. One time, she had to wave her hand in my face to snap me out of it.

I could see that happening with you....
 Aurora772
Msg: 25
Posted: 2/5/2008 5:29:28 PM
OP, for romantic men, it means that he is utterly smitten with you. For horndogs, well I'm sure you know what they're thinking.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > That deep intense eye contact...