Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Saskatchewan  > How old is too old to be dating an older woman or a man?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 maninside
Msg: 1
How old is too old to be dating an older woman or a man? Page 1 of 1    
I have thought a little about this question, I message both younger and older women, and I have decided ten years is about good in either direction. But I find the best results in dating do not depend on the age of the other person, just who they are and how well I get along with them. But there seems to be this stigma about dating someone older or younger then yourself. I wonder why this is such a problem? Or is it a problem? For example I am 30 if I was dating someone either 18 or 45?

Athough I dont think I could date someone 18-20, just becouse at that age most people are still getting adjusted to being an adult, and dating seems more like experimentation to someone that age then serious dating. I think 45 is acceptable, but what if they are on their second divorce and have children old enough for me to date. (first child at 20 = 25 year old), and I am starting late in life and want children of my own. This is my reasoning for my 10 year rule. But i am curous to think what most people think of this rule?
 polly ogerski
Msg: 2
view profile
History
How old is too old to be dating an older woman or a man?
Posted: 2/15/2008 7:28:48 AM
I don't think there are any hard and fast rules. I have dated younger guys ( 13 yrs younger). I know several couples who have a great age difference. My best friends' parents-in-law were 18 ys apart. I know another couple, she is 44, he is 68 and they have a 5yr old. It's not where I wanna go, but love is strange.
 deadrock142
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 2/15/2008 3:15:14 PM
Have heard 1/2 your age add 7 formula used ,,,such as yourself half of 30 is 15 add 7 = 22 maybe look for no one under that age ,,,it does seem to work well .
Altho.
Go with what your feelings say,,I myself think different, than I used too. A younger lady was interested in me ,and I told her ther was way too much age difference. But as the more we chatted the more I learned about our simularities than differences. So I still beleive it is better to get to know who, and what you are comfortable with ; more than any formula.
Just one persons opinion.
Perry
 One_Fine_Lady
Msg: 4
Posted: 2/15/2008 4:16:51 PM
Age is a state of mind.. I know I am 46 but I am always told I look younger :
My heart when it meets someone doesn`t say. They are to old or too Young for you.. It tells me Hey beat up a little fast I can feel that he cares and is interested in what we do in life. I used to stop and think about the age diffrence BUT I know alot of people who are together and have been together for years Her being the older most of the time. I know this couple who has been together for over 20 years and the man is 15 years younger. And to this day they live a happy life :)
 KattD
Msg: 5
Posted: 2/17/2008 2:43:01 PM
Hmmm watched a awesome movie last night "Prime" bout a older women and a younger man who do end up dating.. food for thought!!!
 Just Jacks
Msg: 6
Posted: 2/19/2008 12:38:32 PM
I had a summer romance with a man 20 years older than me. He has a daughter who is 4 years older than me. When I found out that tidbit, I backed off. If my dad came home with a chick younger than me she'd be leaving with at least one black eye and a fat lip.
 KinPlayful
Msg: 7
Posted: 2/20/2008 1:32:27 PM
If it feels right, go for it! (as long as they are leagal age of course)

I know what you mean though, and by limiting yourself to a certain age you could be missing out on the best thing that could possibly happen to you. We all say "age is just a number' and really it is. I know plenty of people who are older yet have a much younger outlook on life than many younger people, but society can be cruel and our peers will often frown on larger age gaps.

If you are not hung up about it, or your partner, then let it be and see how happy you coul really be.
Show ALL Forums  > Saskatchewan  > How old is too old to be dating an older woman or a man?