Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > What do you think of a man (or woman) who comes on really strong righ      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ns
Msg: 1
What do you think of a man (or woman) who comes on really strong right away? Page 1 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
What do you think of a man (or woman) who comes on really strong right away? (says he has feelings for you right away, wants you to trust him, etc.)
Do you assume they are just desperate for a relationship with ANYONE? That they are in love with the idea of love?
Do you think they might not be well?
Excluding any reasons having to do with sex what are your thoughts on this?

Do you think that most times when someone "falls in love" this easily they can fall out love just as easily? (going from one extreme to the other)
 unique bird
Msg: 2
What do you think of a man (or woman) who comes on really strong right away?
Posted: 2/15/2008 4:32:57 PM
I have had this happen to me. I was with him for only five weeks and yes he seemed deperate. In three weeks he had me almost moved into his house EEEEEK ..... I did get the impression that it would not have mattered what woman it was at the time he would have gone for anyone.

I do not think he was in love with me he was in inlove with being inlove. Huge difference.
 plutostar
Msg: 3
Posted: 2/15/2008 4:35:13 PM
I think it depends on how I feel about him. If we're both in love and feel the same way, what's to complain about. I guess it would be uncomfortable and awkward if a guy I'm not into confessed his love for me.
 Winniepig
Msg: 4
Posted: 2/15/2008 4:45:13 PM
I would go with the original reply, I went out with someone for a while and felt that any girl would have qualified as the love of his life..... instinct said he was desperate (and he was)
but then of course if its from both parties there is no problem, you might have met THE elusive ONE
 eazk
Msg: 5
Posted: 2/15/2008 4:46:42 PM
Some people are in love with the idea of being in love.

The good thing about dating is, there are two speedometers that should be used to check how fast things are going...and there's no requirement to match the other's. Do what's best for you.

musicianfriend
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 2/15/2008 4:51:15 PM
What about when two people meet and they both have everything in common. There is an instant attraction between them both.

Still going on 4-5 months later. Getting better. Hard at first because your not sure what is going on. But still working.

Love at first site? Perhaps it is true. Maybe it is fate we are together. Its too perfect.
 jlynnh
Msg: 7
Posted: 2/15/2008 4:56:18 PM
Been there done that! Run in the other direction!
 TishaG
Msg: 8
Posted: 2/15/2008 4:59:19 PM
!!!!!
And that's about all I have to say about that.
Msg: 9
Posted: 2/15/2008 5:01:42 PM
I like it when women come on strong and I love strong women.

I have fallen in love twice in my life both time it was easy and i didn't just fall out of it.
I think this is a cynical question haven't you been in love?
Don't let your fear taint your love.
And Yeas, i rather enjoy the idea of love.
I'm not walking around trying to fall in love nor am I rejecting what I feel because its "too soon", or "doesn't make sense".

I read some ones profile that used the expression love and reason are sworn enemies. I have to say I agree.
 *Sanschele*
Msg: 10
Posted: 2/15/2008 5:04:16 PM
Good post Op!! I often receive e-mails of this sort..I just send them a reply e-mail with a wee bit of my "pleasing personality" showing through and I never hear from them again. ah, well.

Real relationships take time and shared experiences to evolve into something meaningful. If these guys (or women) come on too strong at the get go, then they want something far more from you than to claim "I'll love you untill death do us part".

Trust me..it's more like "I'll love you untill you can no longer support me financially".

Don't fall for "Prince Charming" out of desperation..you'll surely find he was a frog all along..

Sans

Deranged
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 2/15/2008 5:05:31 PM
really strong, right away? kinda wierds me out. if someone goes all out, too soon, it makes me think one of three things: control freak (most control freaks, in my experience, come on real strong real soon and use the "L" card waaaaay too quick), player, or its mere infatuation that'll fizzle out as fast as it raged in.
 Desi1955
Msg: 12
Posted: 2/15/2008 5:09:24 PM
I dated a guy who told me on the first date that he loved me. He asked me to marry him. It was very creepy....needless to say, there was no second date. I had to block his email.
 StCharles_MonaLisa
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 2/15/2008 5:16:53 PM
Men coming on too strong right away is a major turn off for me. I don't like it. Nor do I think it shows respect.
 galonthemt
Msg: 14
Posted: 2/15/2008 5:16:57 PM
It screams needy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 justcueit
Msg: 15
Posted: 2/15/2008 5:26:41 PM
I had one that I wasn't encouraging... at all. He had a distant pic... wasn't too keen (or quick) to get me a closeup, so I wasn't too keen on even emailing. When, after a couple of very short emails, he ended his last email with "I miss you"... I was outta there.

HOW can you MISS someone you not only don't know... but have never even TALKED to and had barely even emailed????

HUGE RED FLAG!!!
 Lowenna
Msg: 16
 OneBeachlvr
Msg: 17
Posted: 2/15/2008 7:28:48 PM
Major turnoff! Love ALWAYS takes time to develop. It doesn't come quickly. Maybe lust, desperation, neediness... who knows why those people move so quickly, but it is SCARY!

smileyface34
Msg: 18
Posted: 2/15/2008 7:39:32 PM
I would say that just about every time it should raise a red flag if someone comes on too strong.

However, last night I visited some friends of mine at their home. They had invited another couple I had never met before. While talking to this couple, the husband told us this story: He met his wife in a bar & he knew immediately that he would marry her some day - that she was "the one". He even told her this on their second date - she was quite surprised by his strong feelings for her, yet she did not get turned off. Sure enough, they were engaged within a year & they have now been married for 20 years. Go figure! But that is the exception - not the rule. And thank goodness he wasn't creepy or an obnoxious jerk - he was actually a normal guy who fell head over heals for a girl as soon as he set eyes on her! Lucky for him that he had not SCARED his wife away when he had come on too strong 21 years ago!
 ladydi8
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 2/15/2008 8:34:51 PM
i aint gonna say love at first sight can't happen....but when it aint mutual then tha creepyness crawls in .......i have had a feller or two come on too strong at first...i tell them to back off and then i hightail it outta dodge!
 packagedealx3
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 2/15/2008 8:53:41 PM
If it is one-sided it is totally creepy but I do know of many people that seem to have experienced love at first sight and have stayed together for years. When it is not creepy, I think people are in a way excited and calm at the same time, just seem to know that it is right. If someone is asking this question it is probably a run in the other direction deal.
 Michael4233201225
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 2/15/2008 9:45:57 PM
Sometimes the measure of ones lonliness determines the degree of excitement when meeting someone new........I try to give it 2 or 3 dates to determine whether shes just excited or a lunatic whos going to be the next stalker. Give the person the benefit of the doubt and make sure. Some people havent been on a date in a very long time and dont know exactly how to act.
 whitedahlia
Msg: 22
Posted: 2/15/2008 9:49:19 PM
Run Forrest Run!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 Mascara90
Msg: 23
Posted: 2/15/2008 9:55:53 PM
I've had a little experience with this ... I met this guy a while ago now, but he was 11 years older than myself - I was 16 at the time, which freaked me out! He kept giving me his number and asking me to call him, saying how good we would be together. A week after we first met he told me that he thougt he was in love with me. WOAH!

phule
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 2/15/2008 10:56:04 PM

What do you think of a man (or woman) who comes on really strong right away? (says he has feelings for you right away, wants you to trust him, etc.)

It all depends on the man. There is no generic or pat way to answer this. Some people are psychotic. Some are not. Some people fall in love quickly, some do not. Some people can buy a house the moment they see it, regardless of the fact that they will be paying it off for 30 years. Some need weeks to decide if that is the right house for them. Some people can buy an outfit when they see it right away. Some need to go back to the store a few more times.

Ye Gods... this is just another case of someone who most likely demands honesty, then complains when they get it. Try communicating, and seeing if the guy is actually being honest, or just looking to get laid.
 Cowboypirate
Msg: 25
Posted: 2/15/2008 11:12:15 PM
In my experience, I've met quite a few women who went head over heels in love with me. I thought it was great, until the actual work of the relationship came around, and they split, or they fell out of love about a month later.

Now, if a woman comes on strong in the beginning, I don't even bother going any further. I think love needs time to grow.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > What do you think of a man (or woman) who comes on really strong right away?