Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Do people Not have Morals anymore?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 syllie
Msg: 1
Do people Not have Morals anymore?Page 1 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
I can't believe the amount of men and women that there are without morals these days.
Tonight I called my son's dad when I got home from work to go get him some dinner for our son since my other son had my car. He did do it,,,,,,,,,but he had the nerve when he got here to actually proposition me for sex. Said he would take it out on trade. We have been split up for 9 years........and the relationship was over long before that. He has a girlfriend that he lives with and comes here and really expects me to say yes. I was astounded to say the least.

A few months ago, when I was still friends with my last ex boyfriend, we were quite close and he messaged me on msn and talked to me about him and his girlfriend breaking up that day. He was really down, and asked me to come and spend some time with him. Of course, one thing led to another ( I still cared for him alot at the time). After the fact, I find out that he had not actually broken up with his girlfriend yet. Made me feel very low, thinking that I just had sex with someone's boyfriend. Doesn't anybody have morals anymore? I have very high morals, and just can't believe what happened tonight. My morals are so high that if I just start dating someone, I will not see 2 men at the same time. That really makes me feel like I am cheating even though nothing has been said that we are exclusive.

Where have morals gone?

Really needed to vent about this tonight.
 MsRedDress
Msg: 2
Do people Not have Morals anymore?
Posted: 5/26/2005 7:54:31 PM
Hi
I understand your concerns and frustration.
Wanted to just point out that if you yourself have morals
it proves that someone does...
So dont give up that there is no one out there with any...
you are walking, talking, live proof that some people do
 syllie
Msg: 3
Posted: 5/26/2005 7:58:54 PM
Thanks. It is just so hard to believe that there are so few of us left.
 marathonman11x7
Msg: 4
Posted: 5/26/2005 8:07:16 PM
I understand where you are comming from.I feel I need to say YES,people do have morals.However,many people define them differently,this is why communication is so important as is using good common sense.Its bad that your ex propositioned you perhaps you should expect it because you knew him and knew it wasn't out of his character.Perhaps,the character issue is a reason you are not together.The other incident with the other ex was a mistake BOTH of you made.He lied,but you had to know he too lacked character and wanted to believe his lies.The moral issue for him was/IS lying cheating and decieving.The issue for you seems to be knowing its NEVER a good idea to be with someone who has demonstrated bad character in the past,AND to have sex with someone who is even supposedly just getting out of relationship.Yes, he was wrong for lying no doubt! Just some observations
 Jetplague
Msg: 5
Posted: 5/26/2005 8:10:40 PM
I was brought up on morals...I know what's right from what's wrong.
 syllie
Msg: 6
Posted: 5/26/2005 8:14:10 PM
As far as I know it is totally out of character for my son's father to do this. I did think he had morals until now. Unless there is something that I don't know about the time we were together. It is not part of the reason we are no longer together. Neither of these men had ever shown me bad character in these ways before. The second one just decided that he could not commit to a relationship.....................which I could not accept. If we had have kept sex out of it....and not talked about getting back together, we would still be friends today. It destroyed a great friendship.
 Domeroth
Msg: 7
Posted: 5/26/2005 8:14:38 PM
What is Morality? Ooooooooh that stuff my mother raised me with.

Now I don't fit in because it's an uncommon commodity. Thats kinda ironic.
 syllie
Msg: 8
Posted: 5/26/2005 8:21:22 PM
Yes it does seem to be an uncommon commodity these days unfortunately.
 myxtup
Msg: 9
Posted: 5/26/2005 8:23:49 PM
I have morals around here somewhere???
 syllie
Msg: 10
Posted: 5/26/2005 8:26:12 PM
Glad to hear someone does.
 djama
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 5/26/2005 8:27:42 PM
i think i left mine in my other pants; the ones withthe values in them!!!
 marathonman11x7
Msg: 12
Posted: 5/26/2005 9:01:34 PM

Neither of these men had ever shown me bad character

The second one just decided that he could not commit to a relationship....

hummmmm........THAT would be more than a Clue
 syllie
Msg: 13
Posted: 5/26/2005 9:06:50 PM
The fact that he could not commit to a relationship was not the cause of ending our friendship. I told him that I did not want to go on with him in that way anymore,if he could not commit, which was agreed.......but then he betrayed me as a friend in other ways .
 sddude
Msg: 14
Posted: 5/26/2005 9:08:07 PM
I am an ultra moralist , women for the most part hate that , think it is so gay .... I wanna change and be a male slut one day , got to remove terrible stigma of morals

Women say they want a moral guy but for some reason it does not atract them
 syllie
Msg: 15
Posted: 5/26/2005 9:14:35 PM
It is one of the first things I look for. But lately morals seem to be dead.
 Hutterfly
Msg: 16
Posted: 5/26/2005 9:17:03 PM

Made me feel very low, thinking that I just had sex with someone's boyfriend. Doesn't anybody have morals anymore? I have very high morals...

I guess people use different Moral standards now, there were times....that people dont have sex until their were lawfully wed, right? then, thre were revolutions & revolutions....

Now many men think it is moral if he didnt rape you. even on this site, "married but looking" jerks are the most active PM writers. they are fishing like no tomorrow!
 marathonman11x7
Msg: 17
Posted: 5/26/2005 9:19:15 PM

Neither of these men had ever shown me bad character

The second one just decided that he could not commit to a relationship....

hummmmm........THAT would be more than a Clue

My point is that him deciding he didn't want to commit AFTER you began a sexual relationship shows character (or rather lack of)then again,it took 2 to tangle......a good moral would be to never have sex outside of some type of understanding of relationship/commitment. The character issue SIMPLY continued as you say he "betrayed" your friendship as well later....my point earlier.....HUGE CLUE was the 1st commitment phobia after sex.
Its important for us all to use common sense so our "morals" aren't compromised.
 sddude
Msg: 18
Posted: 5/26/2005 9:20:00 PM
woman that have gone through alot usually find morals later in life even though they fooled around when they were young .

I do not wanna miss fooling around in my life only had sex with two women in my whole life and one of them was my wife (RIP)
 moist
Msg: 19
Posted: 5/26/2005 9:21:41 PM
We all have morals.
They just arent always the same morals that others have :P
 TheDukester
Msg: 20
Posted: 5/26/2005 9:23:56 PM
I'll tell ya pilgrim, its been a long day on a horses a*** sice I seen me some morals, they taste great lighty cooked with a little butter and salt.
 syllie
Msg: 21
Posted: 5/26/2005 9:24:08 PM
@ marathonman

My issue is only the fact that he told me that he was already split up his girlfriend when we had sex. Not the issue of him not committing. And yes it did take 2 to tangle. I did not expect it to take us to getting back together. I expected it to be a one time thing,,,,,,
 grubeci
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 5/26/2005 9:25:55 PM
morals. On sale. At walmart.
 marathonman11x7
Msg: 23
Posted: 5/26/2005 9:28:05 PM

Now many men think it is moral if he didnt rape you

What I'm trying to point out is;
1)this should NOT be about GENDER......far too much silly gender bashing going on

2)It takes 2 (most times)Its HORRIBLE when someone lies...but bad when someone ignores all signs that the liar has bad character and therefore will lie,cheat,decieve whatever.

3)Morals is NOT just what we "feel" but what we DO...not just "intentions" but ACTIONS

4)Morals as a term is highly subjective and therefore should be discussed thoroughly by parties BEFORE becoming involved,even as early as 1st few conversations.Ask questions BEFORE stating a moral position that way,a liar can't feel you out to say what they may think YOu want to hear.
 syllie
Msg: 24
Posted: 5/26/2005 9:37:40 PM
I was not implying that just men don't have morals. That is the reason I said don't "people" have morals anymore. We discussed morals alot over the 2 year period that we knew each other. We discussed morals alot before we ever met. (We met online). We were in a relationship for over a year,,,,,,the morals issue never came up until he had sex with me while he was still with his girlfriend. He said in his mind they were split up, but the words had not been said yet.
And as for my son's father............the same goes there. We spent 6 years together,,and we both had very high morals or I would have never been with this man. Morals is something that is very important to me. I think this other man thinks he did no wrong because his girlfriend was lying to him and screwing around on him.............so that justifies what he did. But it doesn't justify it in my mind. I have had alot of self esteem issues myself lately, and what my son's father did tonight just killed my self esteem totally. Especially with the fact that this man knows how high my morals standards are. I could not discuss any of this with him,,,,,,,our son was right here in the house at the time. But the topic will come up with him one day and he will be put in his place.
 marathonman11x7
Msg: 25
Posted: 5/26/2005 9:38:12 PM
My issue is only the fact that he told me that he was already split up his girlfriend when we had sex.

I totally understand that and have stated so from my 1st response. HE LIED! My point is, is it wise to think that someone of questionable character would lie? I think not. Also,to the point of morals.....is 1 time sex EVER "moral"? It goes back to the questions of the subjectivity of morals and the use of good judgement.The best way to avoid stepping in chicken Sh*t is to stay out of the chicken coup ...IMO.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Do people Not have Morals anymore?