Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Slim men, heavy women      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ddr_27
Msg: 1
Slim men, heavy womenPage 1 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Is there something about a slim guy that is attractive to a heavy woman?

I'm a skinny guy and the only women who have ever given me first contact are bigger women. I couple of these women have been very attractive, granted, but I'm just curious about whether big women finds a skinny man more attractive.
 AlexisTaylor
Msg: 2
Slim men, heavy women
Posted: 2/17/2008 12:32:22 PM
Conforming? I've seen so many big gal/skinny guy couples, that maybe they just figure that's where the odds lie. *shrugs* If that's why, I applaud them, way to maximize your efforts!

I usually am not into terribly thin men (I like a little meat on my men), but have to admit they tend to be blessed in the jeans. Yes, i meant that the way I spelled it.
 A.D.D.X 10
Msg: 3
Slim men, heavy women
Posted: 2/17/2008 12:36:21 PM
Yes a lot of my larger sized friends love skinny men and will only date them but then they whine if a skinny guy doesn't like them because they are overweight--yet they won't date overweight men...what a joke.
 jf468
Msg: 4
Slim men, heavy women
Posted: 2/17/2008 12:56:06 PM

Yes a lot of my larger sized friends love skinny men and will only date them but then they whine if a skinny guy doesn't like them because they are overweight--yet they won't date overweight men...what a joke

These women are definitely hypocrites. Fat women have every right to reject fat men. But they shouldn't complain if a man rejects them due to weight.
 Angelnurse10
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Slim men, heavy women
Posted: 2/17/2008 1:28:49 PM
maybe cause you are saying you like intelligence, someone wh0 is fun, and looks are maybe second on your list. Just because someone is heavy does not mean she doesn't feel she fits in this category.

And actually I don't find a skinny man as attractive as one who is larger and a little overweight
 SpecialLady4you
Msg: 6
Slim men, heavy women
Posted: 2/17/2008 2:01:30 PM
I prefer a man with some meat on his bones. I'm not much into skinny men.
 Ecky2
Msg: 7
Slim men, heavy women
Posted: 2/17/2008 2:19:39 PM
As a bbw i dont care about the weight/size of a man, as i have had weight problems all my life and dont care about other peoples size. These days im lucky if a man fancies me at all,,but if he has a pulse i would give him a go.
The weight/size of a person is a minor thing,,his personality, however means a lot. Who would want to go out with an odious cretin???
 SueCat51
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Slim men, heavy women
Posted: 2/17/2008 2:31:44 PM
Who says opposites don't attract? My parents, god bless their souls have been married 57 years, and Mother is quite heavy. He thinks she's the most beautiful woman in the world. He has the infinite wisdom to see beyond her outer shell and see her inner beauty. It isn't always the outer package that attracts us, while looks may open the door, they don't guarantee to sustain a relationship for life.
 piscescoda
Msg: 9
Slim men, heavy women
Posted: 2/17/2008 3:56:57 PM
I'm more into bigger guys (not muscles) but that may stem from my own insecurities. An old friend of mine once told me she only liked skinny guys. Usually, like rail thin dude-get-off-the-crack skinny. She said you can't have two fat people together, especially during sex.
 bearwoman1959
Msg: 10
Slim men, heavy women
Posted: 2/17/2008 4:00:10 PM
The comedian, Monique says that two fat people shouldn't try to have sex because it's too hard to find each other's "stuff". I concur, based on experience. I prefer men who aren't boney, or don't look pregnant, but if I really liked other qualities about them then I would overlook their body type, as I hope they'd do the same with me.
 esotericjudi
Msg: 11
Slim men, heavy women
Posted: 2/17/2008 4:02:13 PM
Some bigger women prefer thin men, some prefer thicker men, some don't care either way. It is all personal preference. My ex-husband was tall and thin, but the main reason I found him attractive was his confident personality and sense of humor. The long legs and nice behind were just icing on the cake, so to speak!
This thread reminds me of the old rhyme:
Jack Sprat could eat no fat,
His wife could eat no lean.
And so between the two of them,
They licked the platter clean!
 peachtek08
Msg: 12
Slim men, heavy women
Posted: 2/17/2008 4:05:22 PM
I think people just like what they like. Person A likes X type of person and person B likes Y type of person. It's what makes the world go round!

Being a BBW myself, I like many types of body shapes, but I tend to attract the tall/skinny combo most often.... which I'm totally okay with.
 soaringangel86
Msg: 13
Slim men, heavy women
Posted: 2/17/2008 4:22:48 PM
its because women pick out of their league more often than guys do, and it works more often for them
 whenyer_strange
Msg: 14
Slim men, heavy women
Posted: 2/17/2008 4:39:00 PM
I don't have a "body type" requirement. The perfect body type is whomever I happen to be with at the time. Sometimes I might be with someone skinny, sometimes I may be with someone very, very large. Skinny guys tend to have a nicer backside, whereas large guys are great snugglers.

I agree that a heavy woman getting upset when turned down by a heavy guy is being a hypocrite. The same on the guy's side. Really, there's no reason to be upset over a refusal from anyone. It really just means you aren't a good match.

Even if I lost all the excess weight, I would not date someone that would put weight requirements on me, because I can't stand the pressure nor the criticism over what I eat. I was much thinner at one time, and if I gained just a little or maybe ate a bit much at one meal, the guy would start calling me fat and ignoring me. He claimed he was just trying to encourage me, when what happened is I felt worse and just wanted to hide from the world. I look back at those old pics and realize that when out, the heads weren't turning because I looked bad. They were turning because I looked awesome and I just had an @ss for a boyfriend that made me cry on a fairly regular basis. So now, I exercise and eat healthy, but I refuse to date anyone with weight requirements.

On the skinny guy/heavy woman, maybe she had a baby with him and gained a lot of additional weight during the pregnancy? Maybe some sort of life change happened? Maybe she was heavier at one time and is actually on the way down on the scale instead of up? Maybe she quit smoking? (I had a 20 lb weight gain from quitting smoking that I'm working back off.) Maybe the skinny guy is happy with the say she is? If two people are happy, who is anyone to criticize that?
 digitalfever
Msg: 15
Slim men, heavy women
Posted: 2/17/2008 4:48:09 PM
Heh, it's what they like.
 Icene
Msg: 16
Slim men, heavy women
Posted: 2/17/2008 5:56:22 PM
I like most body types, but the majority of guys that contact me are thin or athletic. There are benefits to every body type, so I don't care as long as the guy is healthy and supports my lifestyle. I have to agree with some of the other posters that sex is easier when one of the participants is thinner to leave room for parts to fit. You can work around anything with enough motivation though.
 ddr_27
Msg: 17
Slim men, heavy women
Posted: 2/17/2008 8:26:56 PM
I get the feeling a lot of posters here think I'm shallow enough to wonder why I can't attract anyone but fat women. Not at all....my last 2 serious girlfriends were heavier set but I still thought/think they're 2 of the sexiest women I've ever seen.

I just wondered if it was something like maybe, as one of the posters mentioned, "opposites attract".
 whenyer_strange
Msg: 18
Slim men, heavy women
Posted: 2/17/2008 8:34:49 PM
Just looking the pics alone I'd say you're cute. I don't know what my weight has to do with my opinion on that. I was thinner at one time, and at that time I also would have said your current picture is cute (not at the age you would have been at when I was your age....I would have been thrown in jail...just the current pic).
 cb994266
Msg: 19
Slim men, heavy women
Posted: 2/17/2008 8:39:32 PM
I am on the heavier side, and I have always been attracted to skinny guys. Not crack-addict skinny; more like got-beaten-up-in-high-school scrawny. Maybe it has something to do with their Big Beautiful Brains! I don't place much importance on body type at all, but if I could find someone short, scrawny, smart, and sweet, I would be in heaven!
 QUICKSILVER217
Msg: 20
Slim men, heavy women
Posted: 2/17/2008 8:46:47 PM
Well I'm a slim woman getting too much attraction from heavy old men, I don't think the problem is gender specific.
 Kelley-88
Msg: 21
Slim men, heavy women
Posted: 2/18/2008 1:06:25 AM
Is there something about a slim guy that is attractive to a heavy woman?
It happens:
http://www.nevorask.com/Stuff/redneck_wedding.JPG
 5iobhan
Msg: 22
Slim men, heavy women
Posted: 2/18/2008 1:12:47 AM
Ok ddr one - you need to be more specific with regards to your enquiries...

Im not particularly attracted to a type, but on the 'heavy' note - Im 13 stone and a size 12/14....
Im seriously heavy ( I reckon) but in no way am I big....

Each to their own - Whatever pulls your chain!
 Rachelle~C
Msg: 23
Slim men, heavy women
Posted: 2/18/2008 1:37:30 AM
No i don't find skinny men attractive. Personally i find chubby or chunky men more attractive.
 ddr_27
Msg: 24
Slim men, heavy women
Posted: 2/18/2008 7:16:39 AM
True enough 5iobhan,

There's not really a way to define "heavy set". I'm not "crack addict" skinny, I'm "kid you picked on at school" skinny, admittedly. I guess the way I'd define it in terms of my question is someome who would make me seem like an extreme comparision. I can't really define further.

Different weight women with different body types, different features, different ways of carrying themselves....present differently of course.
 5iobhan
Msg: 25
Slim men, heavy women
Posted: 2/18/2008 7:20:26 AM
Dont you just mean fat? ^^
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Slim men, heavy women