Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > when does it become a relationship as in boyfriend girlfriend?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 dude147
Msg: 1
when does it become a relationship as in boyfriend girlfriend?Page 1 of 1    
So been out with this girl approx 7 times, going very well and can tell we both like each other, so where do you go from here, do you talk to her and say i really like you and would like a relationship or does that just become natural after you keep dating? is it wise to say how you feel and how you would like to go from here?
 esotericjudi
Msg: 2
when does it become a relationship as in boyfriend girlfriend?
Posted: 2/29/2008 11:27:58 AM
It becomes a relationship when you two agree that it is one. Communication is not a bad thing, IMO. I think it would be great if you talk to her, tell her you are interested in being exclusive, and ask her if she feels the same. You should try not to pressure her, though. Make sure she knows that you will agree to just continue dating even if she would rather wait a bit longer to declare exclusivity. This can be tricky, I know. Just let her know that you are ready to take that step if she is comfortable with it, and that you really don't want anything to mess it up at this point. Good luck to you!
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 3
Posted: 2/29/2008 11:40:36 AM
Typically, when I meet someone...I have already gained some perspective on how they view dating and relationships, prior to the meet. Some say that they only date one person at a time...others date around...etc.

But...until the communication has been made, and it is a mutually decided thing...it should not be assumed.

Most of this stuff is just labels, after all...but it is not fun to discover the person you are seeing, is seeing others, when you thought it was an exclusive gig!
 dude147
Msg: 4
Posted: 2/29/2008 4:31:58 PM
well got back in, had a good evening, and asked her at the end how she feels and where she would like to go as i said i really like her and would like to have a relationship with her and she said she would like to take the next step...

so im rather happy!
 lonesome wonderer
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 2/29/2008 4:44:45 PM
in my opinion.....if you're only dating this girl (non sexual or unexclusively) then i wouldn't consider it as a boyfriend/girlfriend relationship. a relationship like that depends on both parties with full intentions on becoming exclusive. if you're ready to go to the next step just let her know how you feel and that you would like to take the relationship to the next step. if she feels the same way then she would accept.
 Bellydanza
Msg: 6
Posted: 2/29/2008 4:56:12 PM
When you two decide u are exclusive.
 es138
Msg: 7
Posted: 2/29/2008 6:35:10 PM
Dude, don't ask girls for girl advice.
 Devon_M
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 2/29/2008 8:18:23 PM
When the girl brings it up.. usually with the ever famous "so.. what are we?".
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > when does it become a relationship as in boyfriend girlfriend?