Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Do you bite your lower lip when flirting?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 yabba dabba
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Do you bite your lower lip when flirting?Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
I'm clueless when it comes to subtle flirting so I would like to know what is the significance of biting your lower lip. I've noticed more often than not some girls in my gym would bite their lower lip when they walk pass me. I've googled this (biting ones lower lip) and some sites say it's just a habit like biting your finger nail, while some suggest this is used to flirt. I've never thought much about this as I'm usually pretty focused in the gym, but I've noticed this happening enough for me to wonder what's up. Also they never bite their lower lip when looking directly at me, which is another reason why I never put too much thought into it. I only notice this because there are mirrors everywhere so you can always pick up on certain things. Maybe I'm reading too much into this but it would be interesting to know if you do bite your lower lip when flirting or when you are interested in somebody.
 El_Mariachi
Msg: 2
Do you bite your lower lip when flirting?
Posted: 3/9/2008 3:28:47 PM
On me it's a nervous tick. Often confused with flirting. I don't mind it being construed as flirting, but I'm rarely even conscious that I'm doing it.
 CSIAnaheim
Msg: 3
Posted: 3/9/2008 3:31:06 PM
Well, try this: When you see a woman biting her lower lip, you can ask "so, how's that lip you're biting on taste?" If she's flirting, she'll go with it, and if she isn't, then she'll just think it was a silly joke.
 ~Kyn~
Msg: 4
Posted: 3/9/2008 3:33:30 PM
*shrugs*...I have nfi OP.
Only caught myself doing it once and there wasnt a man or woman around when I did it...I was concentrating. <<< Hmm...thats too opened ended in forum world...I was driving a car ok?

Unless there's a definitive answer somewhere in this thread from a lip-biting-observer such as yourself...Im thinking it doesnt mean anything.
 yabba dabba
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 3/9/2008 3:43:20 PM

Well, try this: When you see a woman biting her lower lip, you can ask "so, how's that lip you're biting on taste?" If she's flirting, she'll go with it, and if she isn't, then she'll just think it was a silly joke.

I have a rule about talking and/or flirting with girls in my gym so I won't be doing this anyway. Like they say, don't eat where you shite. I've just noticed this enough for me to be curious. I would like to approach them as they are quite attractive but rules are rules.
 lonesome wonderer
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 3/9/2008 4:07:15 PM
i'm actually not a lip biter....i'd much rather wink at someone than bite my own lip.
 CSIAnaheim
Msg: 7
Posted: 3/9/2008 4:57:06 PM
^^^ how about biting their lip?
 junipermoon
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 3/9/2008 4:59:29 PM
i absolutely do this! i don't flirt very often, but when i do, i have to stop myself from biting my lower lip. one time i actually bit a dent into it and it bled
 CSIAnaheim
Msg: 9
Posted: 3/9/2008 5:00:00 PM
Did you get him to lick your wound for you? :)
 ~~sweety101~~
Msg: 10
Posted: 3/14/2008 10:17:58 AM
ohh gosh i do all the time haha mostly after a hot make out sesson it drove my ex crazy (in a good way ;) hehe
 Randy36x
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 3/14/2008 11:00:11 AM
I think I would just look for the tongue . If the tongue makes a showing then I would definitely say it's flirting. If it's only a lip bite it could simply be a sign of focus, intensity, etc. Now, if they look you in the eye, then bite the lower lip...yah, then your golden because that means their focus and intensity is on you.

That's right ladies, I got your number!!!
 Mister Incognito
Msg: 12
Posted: 3/14/2008 11:03:03 AM
Lip biting is sooo 1940's.

I can think of other places that need biting.

SlySkyS
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 3/14/2008 11:04:16 AM
lolol I bit my lower lip too lol... and it's usually to help me refrain from jumping the guy's bones lolol :)~

Besides that, huh nope... not when flirting... Oh... I forgot... when my lips are chapped then I might kinda bite them... but that's about it...

It's usually only to help me control my sex drive lolol :)~
 forum_reader
Msg: 14
Posted: 3/14/2008 11:09:30 AM
Yes I bite the lower lip.
 GeneralizingNow
Msg: 15
Posted: 3/14/2008 11:15:40 AM
Men love tp look at lips. I don't often bite mine (ouch?), but I lick them and do the "happy lips" thing (I'd have to show you, but it's too funny! Women laugh 'cuz it's stupid, but men actually find it HOTT)
 bearwoman1959
Msg: 16
Posted: 3/14/2008 12:10:58 PM
I make armpit noises when I flirt. Maybe that's why I haven't had a date in awhile. And I thought I was being dead sexy (smacks forehead).
 Miss Eyre
Msg: 17
Posted: 3/14/2008 1:13:53 PM
I bite my lip all the time, but its just a sign of concentration for me. I'm doing it now,.. I do it when I'm reading, typing, defusing bombs, whatever.. any thing that requires a level of concentration for me.
I dont flirt with my monitor, or keyboard, or books(Mind you, the way things are going right now, I might have to resort to that) , but no, I dont do it when flirting.
I use my eyes when flirting,.. never bite my lip, as that seems a little too erm.. overt, for my tastes. A bit like those weird women in mens mags or vids,.. licking or biting their lips in a really lame attempt at looking sultry.. (cringe) So, for me OP, no, I dont do it as a sign of how much I want a man... Miss Eyre.
 rune3
Msg: 18
Posted: 3/14/2008 1:42:31 PM

I bite my lip all the time, but its just a sign of concentration for me. I'm doing it now,.. I do it when I'm reading, typing, defusing bombs, whatever.. any thing that requires a level of concentration for me.
Ditto. I probably do bite my lip more when I am nervous or worried. Amazing there is anything of it left really, in fact. I don't know about flirting -- never really got into that -- too ambiguous for me, I think.
 yepimlonelytoo
Msg: 19
Posted: 3/16/2008 3:48:30 AM
yeah and my lip is sore.
 SweetSassy
Msg: 20
Posted: 3/16/2008 5:28:10 AM
I know a couple of men that bite their lip when they're getting really "worked up". :) The more worked up they get, the more they bite their bottom lip. :)

As for myself, I've never really noticed, I don't think I do. :)
 hfxsweetnsexy
Msg: 21
Posted: 3/16/2008 5:48:46 AM
I tend to do it in 2 situations...when I'm in deep thought...or nervous....lol and I'm probably thinking too much and nervous if I was trying to flirt(which I suck at).....
 Mary Poppinz
Msg: 22
Posted: 3/16/2008 10:42:16 AM
I generally don't bite my lip while flirting.

Mind you,when most ppl flirt,they are not totally aware of their body language.

If a woman in the gym is biting her lip while you walk past her,
it's probably because she is embarrassed.

As someone who goes to the gym quite often,it's a turn off when men look at me.

I would never exchange numbers with someone from the gym,it's not
the right time or place.

Most women do not want to be approached at the gym when they are all sweaty and stuff.
 Cute_Rocker
Msg: 23
Posted: 3/16/2008 11:32:15 AM
I have knowingly bit my lip when I was flirting with someone who I knew was attracted TO my lips (they're naturally quite full).

If I do it otherwise, I'm not that aware of it. I've caught myself doing it when I've been concentrating on something at work or while studying. I only knowingly pull it out in flirting situations when I know the guy has an attraction to that sort of thing.
 str8ahd
Msg: 24
Posted: 3/16/2008 1:55:01 PM
I don't think I do that, but I'm not much of a flirt. I'm usually more direct in my approach, so if I bite YOUR lower lip, I probably like you.
 uofijamie
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 3/16/2008 1:59:39 PM
I don't do it on purpose, but I recently had it pointed out to me a couple of times that when I am feeling a little "randy" I bite my lip.
But with all those mirrors in that gym who the heck knows who she is biting that lip over anyway?
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Do you bite your lower lip when flirting?