Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Why look into a woman's eyes?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 witching_weather
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Why look into a woman's eyes?Page 1 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Guys, why do you look into a woman's eyes? I'm talking about a woman you don't know, but maybe like the look of are seeing for the first time. What are you looking for? An emotional connection? Interest? Soul? Colour? When you have looked in the past and seen something that meant something to you, what did you see? How important is eye contact to you when you first meet a woman. Do you use it to try to establish a connection?
 lost cowboy
Msg: 2
Why look into a woman's eyes?
Posted: 3/11/2008 5:25:24 PM
Hmm... you can see the entire world in a woman's eyes. Look into a woman's eyes, you can see the shadows of past hurt, future hope, current interest. It's all there.

Eye contact is everything.

Cowboy
 strangerstill
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 3/11/2008 5:26:14 PM
Because you get mad if we stare longingly into your boobs.
 CSIAnaheim
Msg: 4
Posted: 3/11/2008 5:30:09 PM
So, lessee...

We can't look at your boobs...
We can't look at your butt...
We can't look at your thighs...
And now we can't look at your eyes anymore.

I guess it's time to look at women's left wrist, until somebody starts objecting to that.
 cb994266
Msg: 5
Posted: 3/11/2008 5:31:25 PM
Maybe because it is polite to make eye contact with someone when you meet them, regardless of their gender?
 RedCassandra
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 3/11/2008 5:31:26 PM

Because you get mad if we stare longingly into your boobs.

^^^ Damn it, strangerstill...
You stole my line.
Don't you know that stealing from inside one's head is against the rules?

Yes... some women get mad if guys stare into their girls...
There is at least 3 threads about BoobWatching right now.
So, if they are not to look into the eyes, nor into the boobs...
what are poor guys supposed to do?

I guess there is always as$...
but that could lead to some weird interactions
if he was to go behind you all the time...
run around in circles kind of thing....

strangerstill
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 3/11/2008 5:36:43 PM

Yes... some women get mad if guys stare into their girls...

Well you're an alien and I'm unsure about alien anatomy so don't get mad if you catch me staring longingly into your armpits.
 RedCassandra
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 3/11/2008 5:47:35 PM
^^^

Armpits?
Dayum.
*goes to get razor and shaving cream*

But, stranger... I thought you liked my eyes.
Unlike OP, I have no problem with people looking at my eyes, when conversing....

... or my girls, for that matter.

PS As long as they don't spend more time staring into the gals... not the eyes.
 ohdriver
Msg: 9
Posted: 3/11/2008 6:11:40 PM
her eyes tell me where her attention is
if she's amused, bemused, tired
interested or elsewhere
vacant or occupied
 Walts
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 3/11/2008 6:35:03 PM
Eyes do NOT hide lies
 Coach_reds
Msg: 11
Posted: 3/11/2008 6:46:23 PM
eyes can show whether someone is interested or not
 Chef_Charles
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 3/11/2008 6:46:43 PM
OP, My conversational style is to look everyone in the eyes,, I get the instant knowledge of where their attention is going. I usually use eye contact to make several converstational points later on if they are listening things I am saying. But I look everyone even relatives in the eyes, it has been my habit longer than I can remember when I first started doing it. But the reason is I get to see so much that goes on behind the eyes I usually see the whole face in this intense look, but I can also is near by see the crowd beyond them and know what is going on around them and if they are wering glasses I see the reflection behind me and even can at times see what the reflection in their eyes of what I look like. This all helps me remember to listen to this person instead of talking all the time, which I can do if I am not careful.

I love to compliment people, it gets them on your side and wins them over to things I might later talk about. I don't lie to people, but I try to flatter people whenever possible, and I like to thank people for jobs that they might not otherwise be thanked for by others. All this and the eye contact too, you can really see the happiness in the eyes.

Okay I try to charm people. But that is not a bad thing that is used to be a positive influence in any situtiation it also keeps people calm. People I know look to me when things get overly dicey in difficult times, I remain calm to help others and Eye Contact does help in this.

If the lady has nice eyes, I do tend to stare at them a whole lot more than I would otherwise, but I have never had anyone mind it from me, Okay that is not true my 2nd wife did not like me to stare at her, she felt like I was giving her undue attention.

Charles.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 3/11/2008 7:35:16 PM

Hmm... you can see the entire world in a woman's eyes. Look into a woman's eyes, you can see the shadows of past hurt, future hope, current interest. It's all there.

I can talk to a room full of people, but I hate intensity. I'd rather just buy a pair of sunglasses - men who look into my eyes with any concentration just freak me out.
 lost cowboy
Msg: 14
Posted: 3/11/2008 7:41:19 PM

I can talk to a room full of people, but I hate intensity. I'd rather just buy a pair of sunglasses - men who look into my eyes with any concentration just freak me out.

Why?

Is it something you don't want us to see, or something you don't think we should know just yet, and are afraid we'll see a shadow of, and figure it out for ourselves?

Cowboy
 Mister Incognito
Msg: 15
Posted: 3/11/2008 7:43:08 PM
I usually look them in the eye... which makes them look away... then it gives me a chance to look at their boobs.

It works like a charm.
 Shakin389
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 3/11/2008 7:43:34 PM
Eye contact is very important. I think...
What do I look for personally? Eye color.

Also, you can tell alot about a woman by simply looking ito her eyes and
her facial expressions.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 3/11/2008 7:50:19 PM

Why?

I never really questioned why, I just know I don't like it, so I typically avoid it.

Is it something you don't want us to see, or something you don't think we should know just yet, and are afraid we'll see a shadow of, and figure it out for ourselves?

I guess it's a combination of being a private person, not understanding why someone has to stare you down to talk to you, and not liking to be the center of attention (outside of a work situation where it comes with the job). Just not my thing...
 sparkyrd125
Msg: 18
Posted: 3/11/2008 7:52:46 PM
some say the eyes are the windows to the soul well idk about that but u can definatly see something other then eye colour if u look
i asume ur talking about some one u recently started dateing and ur prehaps both on the sofa and the guys just stareing at u for a short time there looking at u but not like they usualy do its like idk its hard to explain im purely going by expieriance here i can see like 50 guys turning round after reading this saying wtf r u on about lol
 UniqueManinSoCal
Msg: 19
Posted: 3/11/2008 7:56:20 PM
Eye contact is a sign of directness and attentiveness. I use it for all of my communications. It helps me get my points across and show others that I am listening to them.

It is also a showing of confidence. If a woman is not comfortable with eye contact or she does not share with me, then it gives me an indication of something in that area.
 onefeather
Msg: 20
Posted: 3/11/2008 8:32:54 PM
some times I do look away or down from direct eye contact with a man, Not becouse i want to hide anything, but becouse I am shy and timid by nature.

I have been told my eye's tell alot of my feelings, and that I have " bedroom " eye's
that comment I have never understood and have never been able to get a man to explain it to me.

I perfer eye contact when talking to someone.

The "girls' get plenty of looks and unless a man refuses to look me in the eye dont usually get upst over them looking.

RedCassandra
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 3/11/2008 8:35:48 PM
^^^ I would agree with UniqueManinSoCal.
You can use eye contact to figure out directness and attentiveness.
As well as confidence.

But, some of the other statements are quite romanticized
and in my experience not always true.

Eyes do NOT hide lies
Eyes as windows to the soul... eyes that show one's past, and hurt and whatnot.

I am afraid that I would not agree with statements like that.
Because I met some people whose windows to the soul
seemed beautiful and inviting,
but their soul was not beautiful or inviting.
Their past was horrible and scared me.

Here is just one example.
Not romantic, job related.

I interviewed a person who looked like a Santa Claus,
white curly bear and white curly hair.
Warm, blue eyes... eyes that seemed like eyes of the nicest person on Eart,
eyes that smiled at me... Santa's eyes.

And then Santa told me about the crimes that he committed
and people he killed...
War Crimes... Civilians.

His eyes still looked like Santa's eyes.
But this Santa was bringing death and destruction.

That's when I learned that we cannot learn much about person
from the way they look.

And that eyes are NOT a window to the soul.

He was not the only one.

good_catch77
Msg: 22
Posted: 3/11/2008 8:46:41 PM
shesh a post about why we look into womens eyes vs looking at there breasts where can we look without being complained to?

I'm just kidding. I see a lot of truth, hurt, happiness, sadness, pain, etc. In everyones eyes thats how I "read" people and it hasn't failed me yet. When it comes to women, the eyes are the most enticing for me nothing gets me going faster than some bright green or blue eyes. But that doesn't mean I don't like other colors of eyes. I can tell if a woman "likes" me by her eyes. I'm serious if I don't get a lot of eye contact when talking to a woman then I know she's not "interested" in me and I use that to move on. I'm going to tell you women and girls if you like a dude you need to give him eye contact. If not we think you want us in that dreaded "friends zone"

Happy fishing everyone :
 esotericjudi
Msg: 23
Posted: 3/11/2008 8:50:59 PM
Agreeing with RedCassandra once again...I know several people that can lie and look you straight in the eye the whole time, and you'd never know. One of them is my dad - good for me that he has no reason to deceive & hurt me, but boy can he really get one going with his tall tales - no one I know can ever figure out if he is telling the truth or not. And, there is NO WAY to beat that man at cards!
I always thought when a man is looking intently into my eyes, that he is thinking "don't let her catch me looking at the girls, don't let her catch me looking at the girls...."
Either that or he is falling victim to my charms and cannot look away & break the spell...
 Nicky2Tone
Msg: 24
Posted: 3/11/2008 8:53:53 PM
Generally speaking, some people's eyes read like a novel and others are void of content entirely. Others still, are perhaps just nice to look at.

However, you cannot gauge what someone is about based on their eyes. Window to the soul? Good lord, go rent The Notebook.

If someone can more than keep up their end of the conversation, they'll have me looking in their eyes because they've tripped my attention and I'm genuinely interested in what they're saying.
 sassyaquarius
Msg: 25
Posted: 3/11/2008 8:56:01 PM

Eye contact is everything.
I agree... the eyes say it all... well said :)

I get a lot of comments on my eyes and eye contact... I find it strange just how much actually... maybe it isn't common for a woman to hold a man's gaze? No idea....

It is one of my favorite things... looking into the eyes of the man I am interested in... saying so much without speaking... *sigh*
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Why look into a woman's eyes?