Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Pennsylvania  > Hilltop Inn - Elkton/Fair Hill, MD. Friday, April 4th      View All Events   Home login  
 AUTHOR
 daisymoon
Msg: 1
Hilltop Inn - Elkton/Fair Hill, MD. Friday, April 4thPage 1 of 1    
What: Country music and dancing
Where: Hilltop Tavern
825 Hilltop Rd.
Elkton/Fair Hill, MD 21921
410-398-1512
When: Friday, April 4th 8:30 pm - 1:30 am
Band: Mark Gandy Band (they usually start between 9:00 and 9:30)
Cover charge: $4.00 (yes, a little steep but the drink prices are reasonable)

This is a non-smoking establishment and you must have photo ID.

Hilltop is a casual place.... easy to get to. It is located on MD Route 273, between
Routes 213 and 272, not too far from the Elkton exit of Route 95. They have good music, good food, reasonably priced drinks, and pool tables for you non-dancers.

You can check out the bar at www.hilltopbar.net and the band at
www. themarkgandyband.com

Please let me know by April 3rd if you are coming or not, so that I can reserve tables if necessary...... oh, and I don't do nametags!
Following Members are Attending This Party... Average Member Brings Along 3 Guests

bellenote

cherbub34

chrisd19720

danboy50

dancelady12

Feelfine

geronimo62

italianlady19702

jackrussels2

Jamie in Elkton

ken25401

mary123e

mom here in md

mrmomitch

rnaehr

romancensmiles

sassymeme

Stablesreed

sweetgrl27

TIMBERinMD

trulystephanie

XRACER

22 people are attending
 Bellenote
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Hilltop Inn - Elkton/Fair Hill, MD. Friday, April 4th
Posted: 3/19/2008 12:42:52 PM
A couple of my friends and I would like to sign up to go. How do we sign up?
 cherbub34
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 3/26/2008 3:20:50 PM
i don't do name tags also.and yes i will probably there with a couple of my friends.
 chrisd19720
Msg: 4
Posted: 3/27/2008 11:45:28 AM
I am trying to get more guy's to come but most I guess dont read the posting of get together's.Come on guy's you want to meet well get there
 TIMBERinMD
Msg: 5
Posted: 3/29/2008 9:23:53 AM
Greetings from Michael Jerome "Jerry" Gardner, I'm a Maryland Realtor and a yachter (live aboard) from Pasadena, Md. Besides being a "country western fan", dressing with the attire, having lived in Tennessee (home of country music)....my question is "Do you honestly think that I could attend this bar/function without ant incidents'"? I'm friendly, easy-going and always a "gentleman" but I respect everyone's choice in befriending others! I'm not rowdy, pushy or an "over-consumer" but I'd like to get a "general feel about how your crowd would accept my being present"! True, this is 2008 and I realize that I'm not everyone's favorite "flavor" but any feedback would be helpful! I enjoy watching others have a GREAT TIME and I'd be the guy playing pool.....please share your opinion (honest) and hopefully others will share there's! Thanks for allowing me to post this message.
 chrisd19720
Msg: 6
Posted: 3/29/2008 3:12:10 PM
I can ask around I have never been there
 Feelfine
Msg: 7
Posted: 3/30/2008 7:09:04 PM
Its been a while since I was at the Hill Top or Wesleys, "right down the street", probably October. When did the Hill Top go Smokless? Usually the bands are classic rock too. Or, at least the few times I've been there they were. Thats ok cause I listen to all types. I was also told its a biker bar but when ever I have been there Ihave seen a wide range of cliental there so that's good too. I may be coming and have told a few others. We'll see what fortune this week brings!?
 daisymoon
Msg: 8
Posted: 3/31/2008 2:26:49 PM
Hi, everyone. Glad to see that so many of you signed up for the Hilltop!
I just hope that all of you show up!

Timber.... since you asked, I will be completely honest. The Hilltop in Maryland can be pretty prejudicial... as in all-white. God, I hate to say that... but it's the truth. I would love to have you come, but I don't know how well you would be received by the regular clientele.

Feelfine - ALL Maryland bars and restaurants became non-smoking on February 1st.
And yes, they have been getting more Southern/Classic Rock bands there lately, but the Mark Gandy Band is pretty much Country. Yes, Hilltop has been known to be a biker bar.. and most of the regulars are riders. On a Saturday or Sunday in the summer, you will see anywhere from 50 to 100 bikes in the parking lot.
 Tigerlily2197
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 4/1/2008 10:36:47 AM
Thanks for asking this question. I noticed the posting about this get together awhile ago and felt the same concern. I ultimately decided that I was not going unless I brought a male friend with me. I am used to being in mixed company but I know that there are those that are not and are in fact violently opposed to it.
 TrulyStephanie
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 4/2/2008 2:06:38 PM
I'm hoping to come, did a map quest, looked at the website, bringing a (single) girlfriend, that's okay right? looks like fun!
A little nervous as it's my first POF event, Hope to see you all there...

Daisymoon... Does the band play all country? Do you know if they play any old school/rock?
 sweetie122
Msg: 11
Posted: 4/2/2008 8:26:01 PM
sorry .i will not be able to attend due to bronchitis.
sweetie122
 daisymoon
Msg: 12
Posted: 4/3/2008 11:05:17 AM
Stephanie...

Mark Gandy Band plays ALL Country.

Daisy
 mrmomitch
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 4/4/2008 7:42:41 AM
what do you want to know 'chris' ??? ,yeah im shown up tnght wth my ''bro'',and a cple freinds due in later that evening ,but wont stay long ,,,, take care ...mitch
Show ALL Forums  > Pennsylvania  > Hilltop Inn - Elkton/Fair Hill, MD. Friday, April 4th