Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > If you found a maggot in your food what would you do      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 sweetestgirlaround
Msg: 1
view profile
History
If you found a maggot in your food what would you doPage 1 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Hey everyone if you found a maggot in your food you ordered from KFC would you still eat there? What would you do? What are the chances of that kind of thing happening do you think. I actaully did find a maggot in my food, tested from the health board and nothing was done about it on there end. My daughter got really sick and I am turned off of chicken from anywhere, fast food all together is really hard for me to even try and eat now. I personally was revolted by this. Give me your input on this
 jpegg
Msg: 2
If you found a maggot in your food what would you do
Posted: 3/15/2008 7:33:09 PM
If I found a maggot in my food I would still eat it. Not the maggot, the food. If I had an open wound I would lift the maggot from my sh1t hole KFC bargain bucket meal and place it on the open wound and cover it up. Take it away in a week and hopefully the wound would be free from infection.

Why you eating muck anyway?
 SpecialLady4you
Msg: 3
Posted: 3/15/2008 8:10:08 PM
If I found a maggot in my food from any restaurant, I'd probably be arrested for what I'd do. LOL...I won't tell you what I'd do but I guarantee it won't be pretty....:-0)
 RTmedGirl
Msg: 4
Posted: 3/15/2008 8:15:07 PM
I was at my favorite resturant and had already finished my meal. I headed for the desert bar and was eating a brownie when I saw something on it. I took my fork and flick it and it moved.....my god, I thought at first it was coconut from a desert item that was near the brownies, but after it moves I realized what it was. I did not say anything to anyone, and just got up and left....it took me a year before going back and still dont go to the desert bar.
 TheS0urce
Msg: 5
Posted: 3/15/2008 10:26:00 PM
I would never eat at KFC, that crap is bad as taco bell. I never had maggots in my food but I have heard someone finding a dead mouse (fried) in their KFC.
 IridescentPaladin
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 3/16/2008 2:27:03 AM
It's a maggot...It's not like somebody put nuclear waste in your bucket of chicken. I'm sure they would've given you a free meal. If those types if things really -bug- you then why are you eating at KFC? The Colonel doesn't care how dirty his bird is.
 untamed one
Msg: 7
Posted: 3/16/2008 4:52:36 AM
Take it home and raise it ..after all it is one of God's creatures ..perhaps this is a Sign ..Actually I'd be wary of most restaurants ; I saw a news report that most of them are serving the flesh of dead animals , animals that have been ritually sacrificed in large government sanctioned slaughterhouses .
 Not_a_FAT_Slob
Msg: 8
Posted: 3/16/2008 5:10:33 AM
Why would somebody who eats at KFC worry about eating a maggot ?
 onecharm
Msg: 9
Posted: 3/16/2008 10:59:36 AM
well, eating the maggot would probably be healthier than eating the chicken, but i would probably speak to the supervisor about it.
 motley_maiden
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 3/16/2008 11:03:39 AM
I would report them to the environmental health. Thats what I did last summer, I had a dodgy chinese and I was sick with salmonella for 2 1/2 months and ended up in hospital. **stards! Still, lost loads of weight through it lol
 867love
Msg: 11
Posted: 3/16/2008 11:26:34 PM
probibly added the maggot for nutritional value.
i saw a news story on how the government rates food (insect parts per gram) -yes they know there are bugs that get into the food. so they have an acceptable amount of insect parts allowable in food. -a local tv station put this one to the test -they sent in flour, peanut butter and raisins to be analyzed. they all had at least 9 insect parts, maggot eggs, etc. in small serving amounts (less than 1/2 teaspoon) -even if you don't like eating bugs -surprise!!!

-just pour on more ketchup -works for me...
 brandonjohnknapp
Msg: 12
Posted: 3/17/2008 12:24:31 AM
I'd sue the **stards and go to Church's Chicken... it's a bit more oily, but better. I can't believe that happened to you. I feel sorry (and disgusted) and I wasn't even there!!!
Get fried chicken at a supermarket deli instead... one you trust!

(((And to hell with KFC)))
Maybe one of their mystery-spices is maggot???
Anyone else baby-barf?
--Brandon
 Fleur_de_Lis
Msg: 13
Posted: 3/17/2008 1:06:13 AM

probibly added the maggot for nutritional value.

I used to work at an airport snack bar and a customer came up to order - just then a roach did a hop, hop, hop across the counter. The guy looked at me and I pretended not to see it. He didn't leave but stayed and ordered. Guess he was really hungry
 Sweet J-me Baby
Msg: 14
Posted: 3/17/2008 5:23:11 AM
Me before finding the maggot:
Finding the maggot:
Then, I would be:
After I was done being sick: and

I would be reporting them to the health authority and I would never eat there again. I doubt that I would even be able to eat chicken again, either. If nothing was done about it from the health board end (and maybe there is an ongoing investigation you do not know about). I am a bit surprised that place was not shut down until it cleaned up it's environment. That is really disgusting.
 867love
Msg: 15
Posted: 3/17/2008 1:01:41 PM
maggots need dead flesh to survive, it was probibly a weavel (little white worm moth in infant stage) if you get them, they are usually found in your corn flakes, mac n cheeze boxes, gravy packetts, flour, shelled nuts. usually get in something in the supermarket -then you bring them home and infest your cupboards. they chew through the package then crawl to the next box of flour based foods in your cupboard. you have to throw away everything in your cupboard then wipe with a damp rag.
- probibly hitched a ride in some flour at the warehouse, or clung to one of the boxes then crawling around the restaurant looking for its next meal.
 xzanthius
Msg: 16
Posted: 3/18/2008 12:38:04 PM
Although I am usually a little disgusted at finding insects in my food I am a little relieved that they at least recognize my meal as food.

Try this, take tub of margarine and leave it outside, open to the elements. Comeback to it a couple of days later... not even fit for the bugs.
 YingKissesYang
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 3/18/2008 2:25:03 PM
Thumbs up to everyone who replied, got some very helpful info on this topic:
""" everyone if you found a maggot in your food you ordered from KFC would you still eat there? What would you do? What are the chances of that kind of thing happening do you think. I actaully did find a maggot in my food, tested from the health board and nothing was done about it on there end. My daughter got really sick and I am turned off of chicken from anywhere, fast food all together is really hard for me to even try and eat now. I personally was revolted by this. Give me your input on this""""-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can you be a grown up and get over it? How's about this, we put you in a country where everyone isn't spoiled and selfish superficial and they just saw their family blownup or hacked with a machet....so they eat maggots. They are grateful for any food they can get, and don't take it for granted.... "awwww....never gonna eat chicken again". OMG.

Was this a cooked maggot deep fried inside the chicken....or was it a live maggot in your coleslaw? Why don't you learn to cook healthy foods in bulk? I don't consider "hamburger helper" or "chips and dips" cooking.

I think this is a troll post, since it seems ridiculous from start to finish......

Maggots usually live in rotten food, not cooked food nor cold food. So it was tested ehh, did the tests confirm it was a maggot? Never heard of that test....

NO I HAVE NEVER SEEN A MAGGOT IN KITCHEN FOOD ANYWHERE...not to say it isn't impossible....leave that chicken outside in the garden for 3 days and yes I think you will see maggots.
 dutchpirate
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 3/18/2008 4:12:12 PM
I would probably puke. And complain excessively. It's one thing to have a nail clipping or a hair because that's just accidents from employees, but maggots mean they aren't storing/preparing/shipping their food properly if maggots can get in it.

I'd never go there again. But that doesn't mean all restaurants are like that... just avoid KFC. I wouldn't eat there anyway... just the smell of it disgusts me.
 Christopher93
Msg: 19
Posted: 3/19/2008 1:22:46 AM
I would scream like a little girl.

Then I would call the local health authority.
 Sweet J-me Baby
Msg: 20
Posted: 3/20/2008 7:04:38 AM
Can you be a grown up and get over it? How's about this, we put you in a country where everyone isn't spoiled and selfish superficial and they just saw their family blownup or hacked with a machet....so they eat maggots. They are grateful for any food they can get, and don't take it for granted.... "awwww....never gonna eat chicken again". OMG.

Yah, well, we just happen to be fortunate enough to live in a society that has stringent health codes in place to ensure food safaty and cleanliness in public eating establishments. Thank goodness, we do not have to scrounge on the ground for bugs to eat. Nor do most of us have to worry about our families being hacked by a machete...I think we all understand that we are fortunate for the society we live in.

That being said, there are regulations that restaurants and any food-handling place has to adhere to and those stringent regulations are in place for your safety and mine. The OP has every right to be upset and disgusted by what she found in her food.

Maggots usually live in rotten food, not cooked food nor cold food. So it was tested ehh, did the tests confirm it was a maggot? Never heard of that test....

The maggot most certainly could have gotten onto the chicken after cooking from another source...ie. there may well have been rotten food in that kitchen.
 Byrd
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 3/20/2008 4:20:24 PM
Yea I'd fricking barf all over the place then others would barf and so on and so on...My friend got these Bar S Spicey Dogs at some warehouse store I cooked em and peeled some for myself as I cannot chew the skin I have no teeth (Want me? I have maggots in my gums...Just kidding) I'm still waiting for my dentures, I'm newly toothless..Anyway after peeling the Bar S Dogs, there is something that resembles a couple maggots here and there but since they are not moving I eat them. When you loose all your teeth and you cannot eat hardly anything what you can eat becomes prey..
 piscescoda
Msg: 22
Posted: 3/24/2008 12:08:05 AM
I'd wonder what on earth the maggot was looking for in my meal considering they eat decaying flesh and I don't.
 James_in_SD
Msg: 23
Posted: 4/28/2008 9:19:58 AM
I wouldn't let it go to waste. I'd take it outside and feed it to a pigeon. I've noticed there are lots of pigeons around KFC. Hmmmmmm...
 James_in_SD
Msg: 24
Posted: 4/28/2008 9:30:38 AM
"So it was tested ehh, did the tests confirm it was a maggot? Never heard of that test..."

Furthermore, was the maggot given time to study?
 James_in_SD
Msg: 25
Posted: 4/28/2008 9:31:37 AM
"There's a little of the Colonel in all of us at Kentucky Fried Chicken."
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > If you found a maggot in your food what would you do