Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  > young women older men? opinions.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 genuine29
Msg: 1
view profile
History
young women older men? opinions.Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
i have a little bit of a query for ya. whats your opinion on older men and younger women, or vise versa ?
just a conversation i've recently had with my friends and i wanted to see what people on here thought about the subject?
personally i don't see much of a issue as long as both are of a sensible age ( 19 )
 nowandforever
Msg: 2
view profile
History
young women older men? opinions.
Posted: 3/16/2008 11:34:00 AM
On dating sites from what I have gathered from reading profiles and forums so far, it seems like the vast majority of men, especially the older men between 45 and up, want very young women of childbearing age. I am also noticing a trend with older women (same age range) wanting younger men. I wonder if it is because of the above, and thinking if you can't beat em, join em, or because of sexual compatibility moreso with a younger man. I can see why a woman might want a younger man, and maybe I can see an older man wanting a younger woman. But do they want us, LOL.
 Pantherrrrr642001
Msg: 3
Posted: 3/16/2008 11:47:40 AM
please do a thread search and you'll probably find oh say , I don't know, no less than about 1,000 threads on this topic already.

In a nut shell,.... what we think is irrelevant,. it is what the couple thinks. If it doesn't bother the two of them WHO cares?

Personally I think it is for a sexual attraction thing for the most part not a long term investment relationship plan.

When the younger fellows want to settle down and start a family etc. they'll start looking for someone closer to their own age.
The older fellows know full well that a hot young thing is NOT going to want to play nurse maid to someone 25 plus their senior.
 Walts
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 3/16/2008 11:51:48 AM

it seems like the vast majority of men, especially the older men between 45 and up, want very young women of childbearing age.

Boy oh boy,,,,glad I don't fit the majority,,,,,,again!!! I know generic comments suck.
 Tyeee
Msg: 5
Posted: 3/16/2008 11:57:51 AM
As pointed out, this topic has been done to death and I'm surprised it survived deletion by the community.

it seems like the vast majority of men, especially the older men between 45 and up, want very young women of childbearing age

I'm not looking to sire any more progeny!!

While I keep my options open for one never knows from what sector true love and bliss might come from, I prefer to find someone in my approximate age range.

its really me
Msg: 6
Posted: 3/16/2008 12:26:52 PM
Speaking for myself, I prefer someone in my own age group, preferably with a pulse! When I have to explain what a record is, the AMC Pacer (not it's not a movie theater) things like that, I feel there's not much more than a "temporary" if that long attraction. It is human nature to be attracted to someone that appeals to you physically, but there has to be more than a physical attraction to make it last. So it depends on what you're looking for....and the purpose it serves.
 Xavery
Msg: 7
Posted: 3/16/2008 12:52:27 PM
Panther is right - OP - you will probably find a 1000 threads on this topic and perhaps I can sum up the general consensus - if there was one - in one word: whatever.
 coastguy1950
Msg: 8
Posted: 3/16/2008 12:58:53 PM
IMHO-I agree that some men in my age group are under the misconception younger

women (15 to 20 yrs) are interested in meeting them.I do know a guy who is 72 who

dates only women in their 50's. He told me POF provides most of his dates.

He is very wealthy,looks 60,very fit and a great dancer.

He refers to his lady friends as his Goldigger Posse!
 Pantherrrrr642001
Msg: 9
Posted: 3/16/2008 1:42:49 PM

looks 60,very fit and a great dancer.

Herein may lie the answer..... if someone IS fit ( read as atleast active) and healthy then they are able to "keep up" to the other, age becomes less of a factor and HE indeed probably finds most ladies in their 70's are too OLD ( physically) for him. Why should he slow down just because they have??

I have always maintained that I don't care how old someone is or even their physical size BUT I seek someone who can ATLEAST keep up to me,... and that isn't asking much but you'd be surprised how many men in my age can't ( or don't care) to even do that.
 Sir Raffarott
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 3/16/2008 2:48:13 PM
older men with younger women works best because women can handle having an old looking mate, whereas the men can't handle an old looking mate.

i guess you'd say women are more mature.
 nowandforever
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 3/16/2008 3:25:09 PM
I dunno if that is true, I can't handle an old looking mate.
 genuine29
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 3/16/2008 6:59:33 PM
ok maybe i should explain a little more clearley. this is not someome i met on here, i just am poseing the question to the masses.
these are people i've met where i live. ( i realy dont look my age, or act it....lol )
and as a side note, i dont pursue young women, they do that all on their own.
peace
 valleyjavastop
Msg: 13
Posted: 3/16/2008 7:12:08 PM
older men with younger women works best because women can handle having an old looking mate, whereas the men can't handle an old looking mate.

i guess you'd say women are more mature.

tend to agree ,women mature faster as well,,,and men are visual ..young girls we grew up with our age start going for older men or older brothers early on so we see this as very normal because it is ..our turn comes around ..and some men just never grow up ..
 vg angel
Msg: 14
Posted: 3/16/2008 7:33:32 PM

both are of a sensible age ( 19 )

I thought this was a bit funny actually - who says there is a sensible age?

Its a personal thing. I know many successful couples where one partner is significantly older than the other. But they work on them. I think if the chemistry is right and they are at the same place, then it will work no matter which half of the pair is older.
 nowandforever
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 3/16/2008 8:08:10 PM
Just about every female I have grown up with ended up with guys years younger than they were/are, with the exception of one friend of mine. Even so, I think it isn't so much the age that matters, it is the overall compatibility, but there is a line I draw and that is 8 to 10 years either way, but would prefer closer to my own age.
 genuine29
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 3/16/2008 9:06:18 PM
thanks to everyone who has responded to this post thus far. i appericated all of the opinions bot positive and negative. helps to weigh the decision.
besides i think my friend is a bit hippocritical since she was dateing a 35 year old guy at 19 her self.
take care all
genuine 29
 Crashingchloe
Msg: 17
Posted: 3/16/2008 11:18:32 PM
Genuine....

You have to follow your heart...age is a symbol that is used to remind us that time is ticking on....make the most out the time you have and be happy.....

CC
 AKwithasmile
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 3/16/2008 11:53:47 PM
My ex-wife was thirteen years younger then me. I can’t remember the age difference ever causing a problem or being an issue.

I have a FWB situation with someone twenty-three years younger than me. A very unusual genesis to this friendship which goes some way towards explaining how two people who aren’t really attracted to each other and with very little in common and with such a large age difference have managed to sleep together and hang out without any problems for six or seven years now.

Thirteen years age difference was pretty easy for me, but, maybe we were just ‘special.’ We worked well together. But, twenty-three years is way too many – it’s okay for sex and laughs, but, I can’t see there being anything real or meaningful happening.

For a relationship, something beyond sex and laughs, something more, I think the closer the age the better things will be in the long run. But, in the short term, maybe the age difference isn’t so important. The two people involved can decide.

Friends tell me that I should be looking for a lady in her mid to late thirties. I don’t know why. if I was looking for someone then that age range sounds do-able to me, but, someone at or a cpl years on either side of my own age would be, well – I think it could be nice.
 DAKOTATRUCKCOUNTRY
Msg: 19
Posted: 3/17/2008 2:35:43 AM
For the short term, the younger woman, and older man, OR, the older woman and younger man scenario is usually for a case of flattery, and it IS, somewhat sexual oriented. But, for the long term, well, that would be a different story.

It may work, for the older man, and younger woman, because, she is young enough to give birth, and he is still not too old, that she can conceive from him. But, in the long term there, she would not want to have to look after him, in his 70's or so.

And the older woman, and younger man thing is, that ya, he maybe full of energy and what not that she may like, but, in the end, she can no longer possibly bare children.
And maybe she does not want to, so, if that is what he really wants, then, he is going to be looking someplace else, leaving her out in the cold.

So, we are better off with someone closer to our own age.

As for myself of nearly 53, I would want someone for the long term, therefore, I would want someone closer to my own age category of a minimum age of late 40's, and upwards to early, mid, and late 50's.

By looking for someone closer to your own age, you will find someone who has lived the same life experiences, that you have in common, and share with them, and IF, I can use this term, someone that you DO NOT, have to teach those life experiences to, but, instead, someone who HAS, lived them, so that you will know where each other have come from.

And if I may add, if I want someone as a daughter figure, then I would want her AS my ACTUAL DAUGHTER, or STEPDAUGHTER, and NOT, as a spouse for even girlfriend.

That is not to be shallow, it is meant to be realistic.
 sweety1231
Msg: 20
Posted: 3/17/2008 9:48:59 AM
For men, I don't see any problems with it unless the woman is old enough to be your daughter. The same holds true for a woman. For those cases, what would the two of you have in common.? You would both be at different points in your lives and Viagara goes only so far.
Who else remembers the Pacer fish bowls, the Pinto flame throwers, the four bangers (not a rock group) and the Comodore 64?
 Michaelann
Msg: 21
Posted: 3/17/2008 8:22:07 PM
In a nut shell,.... what we think is irrelevant,. it is what the couple thinks. If it doesn't bother the two of them WHO cares? - Páñ†hérrrrr64²°°¹™

Precisely!!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I think if the chemistry is right and they are at the same place, then it will work no matter which half of the pair is older. - vg angel

I believe that is true, as well. My last husband was 12 years younger than me & age/compatibility
was not a factor in our divorce.

And when I was 18, shortly after my first divorce, I was in a relationship with a 35 year old man, for nearly a
year. I have said it before (& Páñ†hérrrrr64²°°¹™ is right, this topic has been done repeatedly on the forums)
age should only be a consideration if the woman is over 35 & the man may want children. Otherwise, it's moot.
 indian prince
Msg: 22
Posted: 4/23/2008 2:19:49 PM
I don't think age really matters as long as both parties are happy together. I dated a much younger woman (17 years younger)for over a year and we were both happy together during that time period. Today were still good friends.
 jetty65
Msg: 23
Posted: 4/23/2008 2:43:30 PM
I would prefer someone close to my age personally. within 10 yearsish. I would feel that there would be more in common myself. I can't personally understand why a 20 year old woman would be interested in a 45 year old man other then wants the security he may have to offer. Would spell to me that this is a very insecure woman.

Only once in my life have I dated someone younger then myself, I was 17 at the time, I think he was 14 .
 truthisee
Msg: 24
Posted: 4/23/2008 3:39:26 PM
Younger women older men?

I'm game, so much so I think all men should have at least two...

nemonucliosis
Msg: 25
Posted: 4/23/2008 4:05:36 PM
For me personally, anything younger than 23 is too immature and I'm slowly finding that even 23 and 24 are starting to be the same.
Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  > young women older men? opinions.