Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Do women still wear nylons?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Glenn24
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Do women still wear nylons?Page 1 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Was wondering why women no longer wear nylons. I've gradually noticed this trend and am a bit dissapointed since this has always been a potent "turn on" for me. Is this an accurate observation and if so WHY? Thank you for responding.
 Adam Taylor
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Do women still wear nylons?
Posted: 3/20/2008 12:42:07 PM
Hmm... plenty of the women I've dated wore nylons.

The ones who didn't, mainly complained that they were a hassle.
 sarcastic_smileygirl
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 3/20/2008 12:42:45 PM
Glenn-
If you've ever worn nylons, I think you'd know the answer to this question.

Garter belts and stockings are a lot more comfortable.
 baby0653
Msg: 4
Posted: 3/20/2008 2:02:43 PM
are nylons tights? 'cause if they are they do still wear em.. loads.. more so the younger girls though
 Celticmist
Msg: 5
Posted: 3/20/2008 2:50:08 PM
Nylons on a hot humid day are worse than Chinese water torture, and nylons can either be pantyhose type or stockings. They are all a pain!
 Bellydanza
Msg: 6
Posted: 3/20/2008 3:23:44 PM
It's hot and humid down south. My legs are in shape and tan, so why bother? I've tried the stockings...with and without the garters, and they just fall off of me...so again what is the point?
 gonzofanmel
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 3/20/2008 3:32:57 PM
Tell you what...why don't some of you men out there try wearing those for a day or two (complete with heels) and then come back and ask that question again....
 EternalEyes
Msg: 8
Posted: 3/20/2008 3:45:16 PM
...because everytime we try something like that the girl freaks out, calls us gay and runs to the hills!
Women go on about equality but you try to give it to them and look at the results....

LMAO
 1_blonde
Msg: 9
Posted: 3/20/2008 3:53:31 PM
Glenn24, Yes, there are plenty of us ladies that enjoy wearing stockings. Mostly really good ones, not those cheap panty kind though. I love real stockings, garters and all the lovely things that go along with them. Most men find it rather sexy also. I find I even feel more sexy in them.

In the summer the stockings are worn few and far between due to the heat and humidity .... but..... on special occasions......... well.......... my gosh yes !!!! What a turn on all around. Specially the ones with a seam up the back and 3 inch heels.

Blonde

jurupa
Msg: 10
Posted: 3/20/2008 4:24:33 PM

Was wondering why women no longer wear nylons. I've gradually noticed this trend and am a bit dissapointed since this has always been a potent "turn on" for me. Is this an accurate observation and if so WHY? Thank you for responding.
Primary because of fashion trends. It seems we are in the "show off as much skin as possible" trend right now and so women are going to forgo nylons.

Garter belts and stockings are a lot more comfortable.
And sexy.
 simplelady66
Msg: 11
Posted: 3/20/2008 4:32:57 PM
Sorry jurupa, for most women it has nothing to do with showing skin. I do not dress to show skin. Never have never will.

I have never enjoyed wearing nylons. I tolerate them when I have to, but if I can get away without them, I will. Hot, sticky, uncomfortable in every way possible. And Murphy's law will guarantee that before I even step one foot out the door, I will have a run.

It has been a turn on for every guy I have ever been with. I don't get it, but hey, I think it is how it makes our legs feel when you rub them, or at least that is what I have been told.
 jurupa
Msg: 12
Posted: 3/20/2008 4:55:54 PM

Sorry jurupa, for most women it has nothing to do with showing skin. I do not dress to show skin. Never have never will.
I live in Southern California so go figure.
 Prissymae
Msg: 13
Posted: 3/20/2008 5:01:30 PM
It's not very stylish in the business world to wear hose unless they are tights or patterned. For other reasons -perfectly acceptable.
 *Sanschele*
Msg: 14
Posted: 3/20/2008 5:08:15 PM
What the hell are "nylons?" I live in Florida..we wear shorts and flip-flops year round..ahhh..yes..now I remember.those crappy things that cling to your leg and cut off your air and circulation..nope..sorry..don't wear em' and don't need to.

Why do you ask? Do YOU wear them? It's always been a "turn on" for me to see a man wearing "nylons." If you're not willing to wear them for the "turn on" it gives you then don't ask us to wear them you jerk!

And do have a nice day!!

Sans
 abby156
Msg: 15
Posted: 3/20/2008 5:16:53 PM
I wear nylon stockings everytime I wear a dress or a skirt. I hated garter belts though. The sting if one of the garters snapped was painful.
 Adam Taylor
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 3/20/2008 5:19:02 PM
Are you bashing the men in tights? For shame!
 madam cruella
Msg: 17
Posted: 3/20/2008 5:24:08 PM
i do keep a few pairs in my dresser , so i can pull it over your head
 Adam Taylor
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 3/20/2008 5:26:23 PM
Oh! So we can play bank robber and bad cop?
 medana
Msg: 19
Posted: 3/20/2008 5:35:06 PM
i wear all kinds of stockings (lingerie fetish).

nylons r my last choice because they run so easily. most times u can't get back home w them intact, so u end up looking like a cheap ho. plus they r $12 a pop. fishnets much better. and w stockings, u have two separate legs, so u can get double wear 0ut of a two pack, when individual ones rip - replace ripped one w new, no need for whole new pair.

plus, in an environment that's mostly hot, nylons sweat and can be a disgusting pain in the ass feeling of being unclean. i was wearing nylons a LOT in europe, here's down to fishnets or nothing.

the only down falls-
1. get stuck in buttons or fancy jewelry, thus limits ur motion and freedom
2. if u got bad style, makes u look cheap

nylons r high maintenance. i will wear the really thick ones if its cold, pull it high past my waist under clothing - shapes and keeps my body warm w a layer of warmth squeezed tight to me, so in that case i can wear a hot dress in the midst of winter and not feel cold
 *Sanschele*
Msg: 20
Posted: 3/20/2008 5:43:00 PM

Are you bashing the men in tights? For shame!

No..I'm bashing the friggin' **stard that invented the dang things in the first place--I just KNEW it was a man..dang men invented those "high heels" too!!

Every woman needs to move to Florida..We wear flip-flops and shorts year-round.

Forget that "nylon" shit. I'll be on the beach tomorrow in a bikini and NO nylons...LOL

Sans
 simplelady66
Msg: 21
Posted: 3/20/2008 6:15:07 PM

I live in Southern California so go figure

That answers that! Come live in the northeast where we have had 130 inches of snow this year, and you will be lucky to see skin by November, before the next snowfall!!
 sarcastic_smileygirl
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 3/20/2008 6:17:11 PM

dang men invented those "high heels" too!!

I praise the man that invented heels-they are a staple in my wardrobe.
 str8ahd
Msg: 23
Posted: 3/20/2008 6:23:23 PM
Yep.

Every time I need a lil extra money to pay for tanning my legs, I pull a stocking over my head & go to work.
 *Sanschele*
Msg: 24
Posted: 3/20/2008 6:53:09 PM
I praise the man that invented heels-they are a staple in my wardrobe

As well as your "stripper post" installed in your bedroom, but the difference between you and me honey?

I make wearing "flip flops" and shorts look good.

Sans
 jurupa
Msg: 25
Posted: 3/20/2008 8:50:43 PM

I praise the man that invented heels-they are a staple in my wardrobe.
That would be Leonardo Da Vinci as he is rumored to come up with them.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Do women still wear nylons?