Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Does anyone believe that their Chinese Horoscope influences their rel      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 someplace***
Msg: 1
Does anyone believe that their Chinese Horoscope influences their relationships?Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
I'm aware that some people (I'm not one of them) strongly believe that a person's astrological sign plays a factor in determining how suitable a person is for a relationship with them.

But,
Does anyone actually believe that the chinese horoscope plays a determining factor?
or
Have you ever heard of someone searching for relationships based on the chinese horoscope?

I just recently noticed on a woman's profile that she claimed to be a huge believer of chinese horoscopes. She went on to list certain birthdates, asking that only people born on one of those dates should reply.
I'd never previously known anyone to specifically look for a partner, who was born under a certain chinese horoscope sign.
 psssst
Msg: 2
Does anyone believe that their Chinese Horoscope influences their relationships?
Posted: 3/21/2008 9:01:46 AM
I can find similarities in my personality with every astrological sign, every Chinese horoscope sign and every planet ruling sign.

It's absurd to think that something which is so obscure as these items could define the person I am and how I relate to others.
 gonzofanmel
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Does anyone believe that their Chinese Horoscope influences their relationships?
Posted: 3/21/2008 9:04:53 AM
Sure.

Just like I believe that yanking a fuzzy rodent out of a hole once a year predicts the winter weather.

wifenomore
Msg: 4
Posted: 3/21/2008 9:19:19 AM
More limits on what they are willing to reel in, just leaves more fishies in the pond.

My feet are more on the ground than to believe in horoscopes, Chinese, Zulu or Comanche. But Virgos are that way.
 lowrider59
Msg: 5
Posted: 3/21/2008 11:43:30 AM
The last woman I met was a big believer.
According to her, we were supposed to be a perfect match.

Turned out we were not even close to compatible.
 onefunnybabe
Msg: 6
Posted: 3/21/2008 11:51:00 AM
I wondered this too and my one friend told me that his parents are the happiest couple he knows. I get these astrology emails where you can input your partner's birthday to see if you are compatible. I put his parents birthdays down to see if they were compatible according to chinese astrology. They were not at all compatible, in fact it said that this match was hopeless and were a horrible match.
My friend laughed at that since it just proved that chinese astrology is not accurate for determining whether 2 people would be compatible in a relationship.
 ~Katya~
Msg: 7
Posted: 3/21/2008 12:02:27 PM
They are discovering new stars and solar systems over the years and the universe is expanding, so that throws all the astrological signs and their interpretation way off course. As for the Horoscopes, never believed in them. all of them were written by men as far as I know, that alone casts doubt in my mind.
 TheReason_
Msg: 8
Posted: 3/21/2008 3:44:17 PM
No, I can't say that I have. Same with normal horrorscopes. I can't believe that 1/12th of the worlds population has the same attributes as me because of the day they were born.

I don't know, I just don't buy it. But that's me. I do believe in the Bible. Heck, I've even SEEN ONE!!!

Harry Peter
Msg: 9
Posted: 3/21/2008 4:38:45 PM
Does anyone actually believe that the chinese horoscope plays a determining factor?

No more than a rock on the ground might for me. If I tripped over it and scarred my face, it might alter how attractive or not I am. If the other believed in horoscopes, it would have an affect on them, and how they view me. But is it really the horoscope or their choice of thinking and believing?
 KC1215
Msg: 10
Posted: 3/21/2008 7:06:41 PM
I'm Chinese and I don't believe in it. Actually, I don't believe in horoscopes at all. Take control of your own destiny instead of letting others (ie books, horoscopes, etc) tell you what to do.
 WesternRose
Msg: 11
Posted: 3/21/2008 7:24:49 PM
Did I miss the 'Yankin of the Fuzzy Rodent' celebrations again???????? Damn!

okay.....born a Hindu...and not a big believer in Horoscope Mumbo Jumbo....but....butt... butttt... I do know that my Chinese/Vietnamese horoscope description and some of the forecast have been pretty damn accurate.
I am a Water Buffalo/Ox.

as for the romance thing?...well... I was suppose to be a good match with a Rooster...and I was married to one... it was ill-fated...long...but wrong match.
 weaselontoast
Msg: 12
Posted: 3/21/2008 7:39:30 PM
I'd be more likely to believe in " If we both had cinnamon oatmeal for breakfast ....with dried cranberries AND pecans...O M G!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am your DENSITY".
 Nicky2Tone
Msg: 13
Posted: 3/21/2008 7:45:22 PM

I am your DENSITY

Lorraine, my density has bought me to you

Awesome quote.

As to the original post? I prefer Sashimi over Chinese Astrology.
 mtnskigirl
Msg: 14
Posted: 3/21/2008 7:46:38 PM
Geeeeeze! The next thing I will find out on these forums is the Easter bunny won't be hip hopping over to my house with my baskets filled with Peeps and colored eggs.
 flamingosmile
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 3/21/2008 9:11:25 PM
Unsure....let me check the tea leaves, ouija board, and majic 8 ball.........
 WesternRose
Msg: 16
Posted: 3/21/2008 9:34:44 PM

I'd be more likely to believe in " If we both had cinnamon oatmeal for breakfast ....with dried cranberries AND pecans...O M G!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am your DENSITY".

Oh my gosh!! what does that mean?....

I eat Cream of Wheat!.... sheeeeeeeesh...this dating thing is getting soooo confusing!

Met a lovely Buddist man....but his Karma ran over my Dogma and that was the end of that ....or was it???.... Reincarnation is a **** I tell ya.... so unpredictable... I for one don't want to come back as a Single White Male.
 sheilarodri
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 3/21/2008 11:11:07 PM
This forum is my daily laugh. Thank you.

No and maybe but who knows.
I need a new crystal ball.
 acuteblueeyes
Msg: 18
Posted: 3/21/2008 11:26:31 PM
I don't know much about the Chinese Horoscope.....Other than....I'm a Monkey.......However....I do think...there is something to this Horoscope stuff.....It's worth looking into.........take a trip to the Library....read up....it's enlightening..........
 Violet Tigress
Msg: 19
Posted: 3/21/2008 11:33:51 PM
Yes, I have met people who do.
 mizzi1000
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 3/22/2008 4:54:16 AM
I actually do believe there is alot of truth in Chinese horoscopes (not to the extent where i live my life by them though).
The animal of my birth year is not supposed to get on with 2 oher animals and it can have a great relationship with 2 other different animals. I have to say that there is alot of truth in this... i really don't get along with people who my animal is not supposed to like. Also i have a male friend and asording to the horoscopes w can get along (if we try VERY, VERY hard) or we can be worse enemies... And OMFG we have alot of ups and downs.
 carolann0308
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 3/22/2008 6:21:47 AM
Sure, if marrying a rat, a pig or a dog appeals to you.
 weaselontoast
Msg: 22
Posted: 3/26/2008 6:18:25 PM
I was born in the year of the ketchup packet. This means, of course, that my compatibility is usually highest with individuals born in the year of other prepackaged condiments, those born in the year of the paper towel, and those born in the year of the spork.

Anyone born in the year of the microwaveable container, however, is right out...and don't even get me started on those born in the year of the pantry shelf liner.
 blondblueyed
Msg: 23
Posted: 3/26/2008 8:27:18 PM
That would be no and another no.
 Ask Me Anything
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 3/26/2008 9:18:58 PM
As for me.. I find the taco bell hot sauce packets to be very very accurate.

Well.. at least till that "Will you marry me" one.

Boy was that an akward blind date.
 .Marc
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 3/26/2008 9:25:41 PM
I generally believe that horoscopes have as much power as you let them have. It's mostly self determination.

Really, the thing I like best about the Zodiac is the story that was added onto it. I always feel bad for the cat.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Does anyone believe that their Chinese Horoscope influences their relationships?