Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Woman's view on a guy who has never had a girlfriend?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Immortal_Technique
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Woman's view on a guy who has never had a girlfriend?Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
What is your view on a guy who has never dated? How would you react if you asked the guy how experienced he is and his reply was that everything you've done so far has been with you?
Would you bother with a guy like this?
 JadeFigurine
Msg: 2
Woman's view on a guy who has never had a girlfriend?
Posted: 3/21/2008 2:55:10 PM
*shrug* Sure, were I single, I'd date a newbie.
 Icestorm
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 3/21/2008 3:00:55 PM
You're only 22. You are quite young. That doesn't sound like a big deal.
 sashieq
Msg: 4
Posted: 3/21/2008 3:01:52 PM
I guess it all depends on how emotionally attached I am to him, whether I'd have the patience to go through with it or not.

Another thing to think about would be his age. If I came across a fellow that has never dated, he'd probably be very young, and it sounds like jail bate to me; I'd rather not spend time behind bars for messing with minors...

Good_Kind
Msg: 5
Posted: 3/21/2008 3:02:15 PM
Since you would already be dating, I'd say the guy is pretty safe.

Communicating before the first date..... she'll see it as a red flag and run.
 sarcastic_smileygirl
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 3/21/2008 3:03:39 PM
At this point in my life, I confess, I'd be pretty leery of someone who has never dated before. I just don't think I'd have the patience to deal with somone who is just learning how to figure things out. But, ya never know, stranger things have happened I suppose.
 beckylee
Msg: 7
Posted: 3/21/2008 3:16:01 PM
If he were my age, I'd suspect there was a real good reason as to why I would choose not to be his first..
 jazmella
Msg: 8
Posted: 3/21/2008 3:30:43 PM
Never had a GIRLFRIEND, or never DATED? There's a difference.
 ciaobaby71
Msg: 9
Posted: 3/21/2008 3:51:37 PM
If you were my age I'd be leary, however at 22 you have plenty of time....relax and have fun, it'll all fall into place...
 Herding Cats
Msg: 10
Posted: 3/21/2008 3:56:40 PM
Learn to thread search or go to the "redundant pile"

http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts7979673.aspx
 gonzofanmel
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 3/21/2008 4:01:46 PM
I wouldn't have a problem with it. I didn't go out on my first date until I was 20, and didn't have my first serious relationship until I was 27. Some people are just "late bloomers." Nothing wrong with that.
 onebadgirl
Msg: 12
Posted: 3/21/2008 4:06:20 PM
you're 22 and never had sex? my first thought is what's wrong with you? i don't want a man no other woman would have.

c'mon playa, get some play!

Immortal_Technique
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 3/21/2008 4:28:24 PM
I grew up with bad acne and I have scars all over my body which has caused me to be the quiet/shy/insecure one. Basically I would never take my shirt off at the beach.

Sorry for the redundant post.
 iloveuhere
Msg: 14
Posted: 3/21/2008 4:36:49 PM
good GOD, lay off the poor guy. Just because you have had sex every day of your life since you were 15 doesn't mean there is anything wrong with this guy.
 medana
Msg: 15
Posted: 3/21/2008 4:45:38 PM
not a problem at all if he is 22. lack of experience at 22 is cute and sweet. adorable.

hell yes we got problems, if he is 42

lol
 CSIAnaheim
Msg: 16
Posted: 3/21/2008 4:59:18 PM
I'm 33 and am in the same boat. My first date was at 23, and I've yet to have any sort of serious relationship.

But, frankly, I don't let it hinder me. After all, a woman isn't going to find out that she's my first until I see fit to tell her, which I'm simply not going to do right off the bat. Mind you, I will never lie about my past, but I just won't bring up the subject and if she brings it up, I'll say I'm not quite ready to talk about it yet.
 flyingiguana
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 3/21/2008 4:59:42 PM
who says u need a girlfriend to have sex? i never had a girlfriend during college but had plenty of hook ups. mainly due to me not being aggressive going after what i wanted.

anyways, dating isn't hard, just go with the flow.
 Immortal_Technique
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 3/21/2008 5:07:44 PM
I'm not really a one night stand person. I mean, if the opportunity arises I def. go for it but I'm not the type of person that would try to initiate this kind of stuff. I've never been in the position for this anyways. I just don't expect much from a woman because I don't interact with them that much.

CSI, don't you think that they might think you aren't opening up to them if you say that?
 Herding Cats
Msg: 19
Posted: 3/21/2008 5:09:02 PM
Clearly he can type. That means he can do a basic "Google" type search for subjects he's interested in.

Yay for all of you March additions to the forums. In six months you'll be the harpy I am when it comes to redundant theads and reporting them on your own.

Happy Easter.
 CSIAnaheim
Msg: 20
Posted: 3/21/2008 5:12:20 PM

CSI, don't you think that they might think you aren't opening up to them if you say that?

Perhaps.

But how quickly should one open up? There are things you just don't tell people, say, on a first date. I'm not talking about hiding my past from her for months or anything, but I'd like to give her some time to really get to know me so by the time I do tell her, she has already made up her mind as to whether I'm boyfriend material.

Plus, overall I tend to be a pretty open person, so I don't think they're going to think I'm not opening up to them when I'm telling them all sorts of other intimate details about my life. But if she presses the issue when I've told her I'm not ready to talk about it, then she's probably a bit too nosey for my tastes anyway.
 trishaaa
Msg: 21
Posted: 3/21/2008 6:08:45 PM
I don' t know.. He'd have to make up for it..
 Immortal_Technique
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 3/21/2008 6:33:05 PM
It's a multitude of things, I try to piece it together but then it just seems like I'm looking for reasons why I'm the way I am and it kind of frustrates me that I ended up this way.

It used to be because I felt not attractive at all and I slowly built outer confidence. I'm still quiet and I don't initiate at all with women unless they initiate with me first. For example, a couple days ago I was in my class which is a huge hall. I sit by myself. 5 minutes into class a girl comes in late, didn't have many options to sit so she sat right next to me in my row. There were 5-6 open seats and what people usually do is skip the one next to me and sit to the next one. She didn't do that, she sat right next to me. That made me a bit nervous. Someone behind and to the right of me asked a question to the teacher so it was my chance to look at the girl and she was in fact very attractive. It threw me off even more. I just kept quiet and didn't do anything. Now I wish I would of said something because she'll probably never sit by me.

I'm a bit more afraid when I have to open up to someone. I get very insecure about my body and feel that I can't be intimate because of all the scars I have on my body. I suppose I should just act like it's nothing which I will probably do whenever I get this chance but so far I've never been in a relationship.
 CSIAnaheim
Msg: 23
Posted: 3/21/2008 7:44:39 PM

It's a multitude of things, I try to piece it together but then it just seems like I'm looking for reasons why I'm the way I am and it kind of frustrates me that I ended up this way.

I used to wonder the same thing, too, but then I realized one very important thing -- it doesn't make a bit of difference. I simply am who I am.
 jayrc79
Msg: 24
Posted: 3/21/2008 7:54:51 PM
I am 28 and I am a late bloomer. First of all, let me say this: it's HARD to get a girlfriend. It takes a lot of work and a lot of patience. There are SO many factors that come into play with getting a girlfriend. Not just anybody can get a girlfriend. The man has to have all of these things to even THINK he has a chance: financial stability (more important than ANYTHING), looks, personality, patience, social skills, confidence, smells nice, has good fashion sense, and has a good body. Take any of these factors away and the chances of landing somebody worthwhile is slim. A woman doesn't really need all the qualities that a man requires. A woman only needs about half of what a man needs. Body, smell, and personality really is what appeals women to men and that's basically all it takes.
 Marius66
Msg: 25
Posted: 3/21/2008 8:56:06 PM

Clearly he can type. That means he can do a basic "Google" type search for subjects he's interested in.

Yay for all of you March additions to the forums. In six months you'll be the harpy I am when it comes to redundant theads and reporting them on your own.

Happy Easter.

^^^^^^^^^I have to agree with H.C on this one.......always good practice to thread search or google for information prior to posting.

But....if you want some attention/pity or just to have a rant.....just keep doing what ur doing

P.S.. H.C.......these forums need harpies like you.....keep it up hun...lol
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Woman's view on a guy who has never had a girlfriend?