Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Do you think some people are meant to be alone?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Sarahmichaels
Msg: 1
Do you think some people are meant to be alone?Page 1 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
Besides nuns and priest do you think some people are never meant to find someone?
 nergal
Msg: 2
Do you think some people are meant to be alone?
Posted: 5/30/2005 4:06:11 AM
Looking at some of the profiles on this and other sites ....maybe ..... lol
 hot_pink
Msg: 3
Posted: 5/30/2005 4:14:25 AM
I think that I am meant to be alone...I have been happier being alone than with people
 irishsoldier
Msg: 4
Posted: 5/30/2005 4:21:08 AM
I didn't use to think that was true, but with the passing of time, I am really starting to believe that it is true!
 redneckgirl133
Msg: 5
Posted: 5/30/2005 4:44:34 AM
I think lots of people are comfortable being alone...
 nergal
Msg: 6
Posted: 5/30/2005 4:49:50 AM
I dont think you can classify yourself as ready for a relationship until you are happy with your own company. I dont really think anyone is meant to be alone just they end up that way cos they arent ready.
 nergal
Msg: 7
Posted: 5/30/2005 4:50:02 AM
I dont think you can classify yourself as ready for a relationship until you are happy with your own company. I dont really think anyone is meant to be alone just they end up that way cos they arent ready.
 HighGear
Msg: 8
Posted: 5/30/2005 5:09:56 AM
define alone. talking to yourself is okay, when you start answering yourself they say is the 1st sign of trouble. I have even brought in a 3rd party to mediate... need one of these with a striped shirt and a whistle

Keep it in

HighGear
 aradienne
Msg: 9
Posted: 5/30/2005 5:39:17 AM
I think it's sad, but I have a male friend who says he's destined to be alone. He's not whining or trying to get sympathy about it, it's just a fact for him. He's not dated for over 5 years and doesn't plan to. I'm not sure he's entirely happy with that decision, but it's something he's completely accepted and he makes no effort whatsoever to meet anyone but goes about his life as if it's just not an option. Several really great women have approached him and although he's a great friend, he just doesn't go there anymore! No, he's not gay.
 Danny_Boy
Msg: 10
Posted: 5/30/2005 5:44:51 AM
Apart from murderers and rapists etc...yeah I think some people are meant to be alone. Some people have a specific routine everyday, and anyone else that causes to get that persons routine out of line, it becomes frustrating.
 Evil~Princess~Tera
Msg: 11
Posted: 5/30/2005 5:46:42 AM
yes, i do believe that.
 Lusty Kitty2
Msg: 12
Posted: 5/30/2005 6:44:42 AM
I think that some people are happier that way. I have never seen myself married to anyone, but I dont want to be alone. I just know that if it is my fate to never have a partner for life, I will be okay. Yet it still would be nice to have that person to share hopes, dreams, and fears with.
 swtnsssy
Msg: 13
Posted: 5/30/2005 6:46:31 AM
I think that some people are meant to be alone. Some people are just too freakin scary to be with people.
 lonertx63
Msg: 14
Definitely
Posted: 5/30/2005 6:54:20 AM
Some people do need a lot of time alone. It is something to ponder before starting any serious relationship. I, for one, think I made a mistake marrying, and my wife has suffered for it. I am certainly not the best of men, and make no claims as such. But part of the picture is that I grew up in the country alone, had no siblings, and my parents ended up arguing and finally my father divorced my mother when she was 51. It was virtually imposssible for a woman her age, with no H.S. diploma, or attempt to get a GED, to get much of a job, plus she was a little woman with lots of problems. So I inherited her misery, and took care of her for years, though she was often critical of me. She became quite paranoid about my father, and in those years, in this atmosphere, nobody dared go to a Psychiatrist, because that automatically mean your were "crazy". Well, there were no psychiatrists here early on, and only one later. She couldn't afford one, and wouldn't go to one at all. So I listened for hours on end to her ranting about my sorry father, and how he destroyed her. Actually, I think my father was at the end of his rope, and had to get out. So it was not a marriage made in Heaven. But everybody I guess have bad stories about their young years, in a dysfunctional home. I had nobody to talk to, and learned to be stoic, and made no comments for years about my mother. She lived to be just over 85, and recently died a bitter woman with a massive stroke. Even then, for the short weeks that she lived, she expressed bitterness toward the whole community where we lived for many years. It was a bad experience, and leaves me reluctant to get close to people to this day. So, Yes, with my somewhat abnormal life and no sense of family, I was not a good candidate for marriage.
 marathonman11x7
Msg: 15
Posted: 5/30/2005 7:19:11 AM
NO........some choose to be alone...........no 1 on POF wants to be alone forever or else they wouldn't be here,even those looking for platonic friends.
 eric16520
Msg: 16
Posted: 5/30/2005 7:22:27 AM
i hope i am not meant to be alone love the hole being with somebody thingy.not been alone long this time but has been my longest so where are you lol
 lonertx63
Msg: 17
Posted: 5/30/2005 7:25:14 AM
Marathon, yes, this is true. We do come here as a place to communicate without going out. It is a quiet time, if only for a few minutes. I don't have lots of time to spend hours reading all the posts. So what I do read is limited. Still, I am basically a loner, even though I do communicate. I always did it best in writing. So socially, I'm not good to be around.
 *BumbleBee*
Msg: 18
Posted: 5/30/2005 7:38:39 AM
NO........some choose to be alone...........no 1 on POF wants to be alone forever or else they wouldn't be here,even those looking for platonic friends.

I don't feel that you can rightfully speak for everybody on POF. I'm sure there are some here who feel that they want to, or are meant to be alone. It's not how I feel, but I'm sure there are some who do.

OT: I don't think that anybody is meant to be alone. However, there are some who are comfortable with it, and some who are building walls in order to prevent themselves from getting hurt.

I'm comfortable being alone, but it's not how I want to end up.
 Lusty Kitty2
Msg: 19
 Apocx
Msg: 20
Posted: 5/30/2005 7:47:52 AM
People get so down on themselves they doom themselves to lack contentness before giving anything a chance. Fear of commitment is so strong amongst people these days.
 Lusty Kitty2
Msg: 21
Posted: 5/30/2005 7:58:32 AM
So Apocx do you think that fear is the deciding factor in being alone?
 footrub27guy
Msg: 22
Posted: 5/30/2005 8:02:18 AM
Sometimes I feel that way alot. I dont have much experience with women as far as conversing and feel I would be at a total loss when it comes to women because I would be read as a complete joke. I've been called in grade school "dark and lonely" and even a teacher remarked to me once on how much a loner I was. I guess I wasnt really good with meeting people. And having alot of fear of meeting people had a compounding effect.

People always say that 'there is someone for everyone', but for some people there just isnt anyone for them. I've been told in high school days that 'she will come in time', when the person that told me that is already dating someone so it tells me that I may never meet anyone in my lifetime based on that point, or that I will get too old and all of those opportunities will end up passing me by. If women tend poke fun at guys who never had a relationship in their late 20's or early 30's, then wait till the guy gets in their 40's....they'll be laughed all the way out of the park. So yeah its possible that some people are meant to be alone based on that. I admit I feel that way alot.

If its meant for me to be alone the rest of my life, then so be it, but I hope that changes. But with me getting older each time that reality seem much more possible. If I make it to my 40's and still alone, then I know for sure it will be too late for me as far as having a companion goes.
 Jetplague
Msg: 23
Posted: 5/30/2005 8:17:58 AM
I beginning to think I am. They way my luck is going and having been without for so long....yeah I really am beginning to think I am destined to walk the Earth alone. That's overly dramatic to say....but it is how I feel.
 Lusty Kitty2
Msg: 24
Posted: 5/30/2005 8:19:14 AM
Jet you are a sweetie, one day it will happen, if not you always have me.
 Carmella2Hotty
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 5/30/2005 8:22:14 AM
Im not really sure.I'd have to hate to disagree but, I gotta. I think every one has an other. It may be the same sex. They never kno til they meet them.

XoXo,
Carmella!
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Do you think some people are meant to be alone?