Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Technology/Computers  > Advanced Search not working      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Nutzn
Msg: 1
Advanced Search not workingPage 1 of 1    
When I attempt to perform an advanced search, two drop down fields will not lock into the search box. The body type and search type field will not respond to any mouse click or enter command to close them and remain open. Thus the search fails. Any ideas?
 Ms Taken
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Advanced Search not working
Posted: 3/31/2008 2:07:43 PM
I just tried it and it worked fine. In what way is the search failing for you? What's on the page that comes up after you click the Go Fishing button?

Note that on Advanced Search the Search Type and Body Type fields are designed so you can pick more than one category for your search. They don't close up the way the other dropdown menus do.

If you only want to choose one of the options in one of those boxes, just click on it to highlight it. If you want to choose more than one, hold down the CTRL key while you click all the ones you want.
 Nutzn
Msg: 3
Posted: 4/4/2008 11:33:33 AM
I get this error ...

Only 0 results are shown below, sorted by date last online. Your search may be too specific. Refine Search

This is interesting as I have tried to set all the fields as general as possible to see what come up and then narrow it down. It still doesn't work for me. Could this be some sort of cookie or something that is keeping the search request from being transmitted correctly?
 Ms Taken
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 4/4/2008 12:25:31 PM
Check to make sure your postal code is entered correctly. If it's okay, then I'd recommend trying your search when you're not logged in. That seems to take care of just about all search problems.
 TNgirl2
Msg: 5
Posted: 2/17/2012 9:28:48 AM
Can someone help me with this? The advanced search hasn't been working since I signed up to this site.

http://www.pof.com/advancedsearch.aspx?iama=f&maritalstatus=1&seekinga=m&wantchildren=&MinAge=25&MaxAge=35&smoke=&country=1&drugs=1&City=37421&miles=150&interests=nurse&state=62&viewtype=1&height=152&drink=&heightb=999&haschildren=&religionmult=&haircolormult=&thnicitymult=&starsignmult=&pets=&eyes_id=&searchtype=&body=&smarts=&income=&Family_id=0&easygoing_id=0&confidence_id=0&openness_id=0&profession_id=0&intent=&sorting=0&cmdSearch.x=75&cmdSearch.y=15

This is what I get when I search for anything: "SEARCH RESULTS Eldest means eldest child."

please help, I would appreciate it
 *Cowboy*
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 2/17/2012 12:50:24 PM
this is what I get when I search for anything: "SEARCH RESULTS Eldest means eldest child."

please help, I would appreciate it

Ya know it would be much more helpful if you instead just told us what your search parameters were.

Like your zipcode, distance, age range, marital status, body type etc... that your searching for. Trying to figure out what you mucked up in that mess is ridiculous.

You said searching for anything though. Your 25. This is a search from your city (35 mile range)by a female searching for a male 20 to 30 years old. Everything is all is all open.

Over 600 results

http://www.pof.com/advancedsearch.aspx?iama=f&maritalstatus=1&seekinga=m&wantchildren=&MinAge=25&MaxAge=35&smoke=&country=1&drugs=1&City=37421&miles=150&interests=&state=62&viewtype=1&height=152&drink=&heightb=999&haschildren=&haircolormult=&searchtype=&body=&smarts=&income=&sorting=0&cmdSearch.x=50&cmdSearch.y=2

Cowboy
 TNgirl2
Msg: 7
Posted: 2/18/2012 2:11:29 PM
I put broad terms in there because I really wanted to search for 1 specific keyword, but when I search for that keyword nothing shows up, I get 0 results
 *Cowboy*
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 2/18/2012 2:47:02 PM
^^^^^ That would indicate that no one lists that as an interest. They just give a stupid message (eldest means eldest child) when you get nothing returned. The search is not broken really

You were searching for "nurse" as an "interest" it appears. Thats not going to be something that most anyone has normally listed as an interest. We have no real keyword search to search the entire profile or professions. Just interest.

You can search by profession and use medical field. That is the closest you can get.

I just searched for females from 18 to 99 in age that listed "nurse" as an interest within 200 miles of dallas and get no returns. I mean nurse is just a poor choice of words to search interests. I get 175 for example if I change it to nursing (not NURSE) but I am searching females not males like you.

Cowboy
 Beautiful_Deviant
Msg: 9
Posted: 2/19/2012 9:06:08 AM
I had the same issue last night while searching.
I used to get pages of hits for the advance search I did that included age range, height, proximity and no smoking.

Last night I got 0 results. Eldest means eldest child message.
 *Cowboy*
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 2/19/2012 10:02:19 AM

Last night I got 0 results. Eldest means eldest child message.
Possibly a short term site glitch but 99.9 percent of the time its user error and you accidentally changed one of the search params like min height or something.

Cowboy
 CantGetMuchBetter101
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 3/9/2012 10:59:02 AM
I still don't get how to fix it... So there is no fixing it is there... LAME!
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 12
Posted: 3/9/2012 1:45:24 PM

I still don't get how to fix it..

The first step is explaining what problem you are having, as someone can not fix what they do not know is broken.
 *Cowboy*
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 3/10/2012 1:09:08 AM

I still don't get how to fix it... So there is no fixing it is there... LAME!
There was nothing broke to fix. Check your search parameters. Thats where the problem is located.

Cowboy
 alex74s
Msg: 14
Posted: 3/11/2012 6:53:16 AM
There is in fact a problem with the site, and I've seen this occur before.

Every time I run the advanced search, it returns zero results with the error as listed above "Eldest means eldest child". When I click on Advanced Search again, it has automatically defaulted the Maximum height field to 5' 0". I've gone through this exercise numerous times and carefully checked and corrected the fields each time.

It does not appear to be cookie related either. I've switched browsers, and have even switched PCs and received the same error. This problem has been occurring for most of today. Based on previous experience, it should hopefully only be temporary.

In short, this is a problem with the site - not with the user.
 *Cowboy*
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 3/11/2012 7:33:55 AM

There is in fact a problem with the site, and I've seen this occur before.

In short, this is a problem with the site - not with the user.

And again the answer is CHECK YOUR SEARCH PARAMETERS. Thats always where the issue is.

Cowboy
 ehryk
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 3/11/2012 7:47:04 AM
Something is broken. I just went through LINE BY LINE resetting every parameter and I get the same message, odd. I am going to try dumping my web cache and see if that helps any.

Update: Nope, deleting web cache did not help at all, still the same problem. Ah well, off to the gym, maybe I'll try on my other computer later.
 phillyguy1952
Msg: 17
Posted: 3/11/2012 8:17:59 AM
I'm having the same problem, I've always leave the parameters the same and they worked fine until today. No field is present for what you are looking for (IE: Dating, Hang out, etc). Somaething is wrong with it I know it isn't my setup.
 pablosantos65
Msg: 18
Posted: 3/11/2012 10:07:05 AM
Same problem here, neither the general or the specific search works. It worked last night, haven't altered anything and today it always returns nil results? Can't understand what the problem is.
 alex74s
Msg: 19
Posted: 3/11/2012 1:50:11 PM

And again the answer is CHECK YOUR SEARCH PARAMETERS. Thats always where the issue is.

Cowboy, "I did" check my search parameters. Rather numerous times at different times of the day yesterday. The problem was that the "Maximum Height" field in Advanced Search was automatically defaulting to 5' 0" every time I ran a search, and I could not override this. I seem to recall conveying that in my previous message very clearly. This is not something that I could change or control.

What is different this morning, is that the Maximum Height field is no longer defaulting to 5' 0" each time the advanced search page loads. As such, I cannot reproduce the problem this morning as the site now appears to be working correctly. This was somewhat expected, as I've seen this sort of problem occur previously and usually only lasts for several hours to a day or so.

Interestingly, I changed the search parameters to 'exactly' what they were last night "Maximum Height - to 5' 0"" - and even that now returns results.

FWIW, you don't need to 'yell' at me in caps. I'm always quite happy to assist with identifying an issue or problem with the site. I thought I had gone into sufficient detail about what the specific problem was; if you needed further detail you only had to ask.

Kind regards,
Alex
 ehryk
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 3/11/2012 4:48:10 PM
whatever it was, it's working now with the same settings as this morning on the same computer. All's well that ends well :)
 Appollon
Msg: 21
Posted: 6/20/2012 10:03:47 AM
"Eldest means eldest child"... Over and over again!!!!!! This sucks!
 surfansun
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 7/31/2013 9:00:06 AM
All the advance search ever gives me is "Eldest means eldest child."

I have gone thru the search parms.

http://www.pof.com/advancedsearch.aspx?iama=m&sorting=0&seekinga=f&wantchildren=&MinAge=34&MaxAge=45&smoke=&country=1&drugs=&City=23451&miles=100&interests=&state=67&viewtype=1&height=&drink=&heightb=999&haschildren=&Go+Fishing!=Go+Fishing!

Is plenty of fish maintained at all? This thread has been around for a while
 MusicHikingPhotos
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 7/31/2013 8:39:27 PM
It stopped working for me today, was fine yesterday. I'm very familiar with how to use it, so guessing it is site related. My basic search hasn't worked in many weeks. Just gives you age 99 to 99.
Show ALL Forums  > Technology/Computers  > Advanced Search not working