Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Michigan  > submissive women??      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 brat73jen
Msg: 1
submissive women??Page 1 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
I would like to know if there are any guys left that like submissive women???? I am not talking about just being sexually submissive, but in everyday things too. Call it old fashioned, but I still believe that the man is the BOSS!
 ripley65
Msg: 2
submissive women??
Posted: 4/3/2008 11:16:38 AM
Ohhhhh jen,,,,you have opened the flood gates!! LOL *sits back with a bowl of popcorn to watch how this thread unfolds* heheehhe
 lakeviewlady
Msg: 3
submissive women??
Posted: 4/3/2008 11:55:19 AM
Ripley
Best get my popcorn too LOL
LVL
 greeneyesguy
Msg: 4
submissive women??
Posted: 4/3/2008 12:21:55 PM
As far as I am concerned, I actually prefer a woman to be a partner, and half of the team. The submissive part in the bedroom is always fun, but there are times when I need the woman to take control.

I do know men that would prefer a submissive woman. They are typically the guys who like to argue every little point and would rather everyone let them have their way. I guess it depends on the level of submission. My preferance is to be with a confident woman who has no problem holding her own in the workplace, bedroom, or life in general. I have too many other worries in life to also have time to be "the Boss" of my woman too.

Don't call me old fashioned, I actually respect women.
 brat73jen
Msg: 5
submissive women??
Posted: 4/3/2008 12:34:05 PM
Wait a minute, wait a minute, wait a minute..........................I'm not looking for a guy to not be respectful. Just cause the guy is the "boss" doesnt mean it gives him the right to be mean or disrespect me. It also doesnt mean that she cant be opinionated at times about things, or have her own ideas. I just happen to think that the mans word should be the final word.
 greeneyesguy
Msg: 6
submissive women??
Posted: 4/3/2008 2:48:06 PM
Well brat, you got me on that one. What I know about a submissive woman apparently isn't much, lol. I certainly would hope that you would want a man that did fully respect you.

As far as the man having the final word, I am man enough to admit that I have made the wrong choice a time or two, and a little input is very welcome.

I didn't mean to ruffle any feathers, I was simply stating my observations over the years. Some men walk all over their women, which pisses me off, but I often thought that the woman was too submissive.
 lighthouse lady
Msg: 7
submissive women??
Posted: 4/3/2008 4:29:20 PM
I LOVE to be submissive! As long as you guys know I was RIGHT to begin with!
LOL!
Being 'submissive' to me, means that the 'best opinion' rules.....most of the time, when it comes to home repair, car fixing, even some meals....you guys have the upper hand...
BUT, if comes down to my personal dignity and choices.....then
I will NOT sacrifice my personal happiness to anyone.....nor should it be asked of me...
'submissive' can be mistaken for 'weak'.....and that us women are NOT!
 brat73jen
Msg: 8
submissive women??
Posted: 4/3/2008 5:58:36 PM
Respect is a must. I always give my input too. I just think it would be nice for a change to have a MAN instead of the ones I have had experiences with. I have only had 2 relationships in my life, but the men were both what some would refer to as "whipped" I just think it would be nice to have someone who knows how to "take care" of a woman, instead of me having to come up with all of the answers ALL of the time.
 Robitty
Msg: 9
submissive women??
Posted: 4/4/2008 3:19:04 AM
Move over you too and pass that popcorn please...got an extra beer? I can't wait for this thread to take off....submissive women huh? Man's got the final say huh? Not in my lifetime Jen I think the final say should be a meeting of the minds, not just cause he has the gonads. Phooey on that. When I get to sit home and he is the only bread winner in this family then maybe he has the right to a little more say, but as long as I am working and bringing home the bacon too...I think we need to have a 50/50 deal when it comes to the final say. As for in the bedroom...who wants to be just submissive?
....LOL, ok I'm behaving, hand me some popcorn please Ripley?
 ripley65
Msg: 10
submissive women??
Posted: 4/4/2008 5:23:36 AM
LOL *passes nice cold beer and hot fresh popcorn to Margie and Robitty* lol Hey you 2,,,slide over! lol

OT: Perhaps submissive isnt quite the right term to use here? Im thinking maybe just plain ol old fashioned? I could very well be wrong, but to me being submissive means that you give up ALL control and give it all to the man. He basically takes care of the household while you do your 'wifely/womanly' duties (housework, cooking, laundry, taking care of the kids, grocery shopping, etc..) and all "important" decisions are made by him with no input from you. That is actually a lifestyle choice that many people actually choose to live by. I think being old fashioned is somewhat similar but not to that extreme.
 d.a.ling
Msg: 11
view profile
History
submissive women??
Posted: 4/4/2008 8:50:22 AM
In my opinion, any relationship should be a partnership. Input should be gained from and respected by both parties with a mutual understanding/agreement taking place. OP, I do suppose that, in a time of a "standoff", someone has to make a decision and my ego is certainly stroked when I am deferred to as the ultimate decision-maker. However, that decision would be gained by use of your insight as well.

And if I may add another point. If I'm making A-L-L the decisions, couldn't that be interpreted as indifference on your part? And if so, would that necessarily be good for the relationship? Just a thought.

Now pass the flammin' popcorn....mmmmmmm...... Hey, who is up for a little less salt and butter on the next batch? Please don't make me decide alone. LOL

Just one man's humble opinion.

Dave
 michkat52000
Msg: 12
submissive women??
Posted: 4/4/2008 8:52:36 AM
pass me a beer ripadoodles...ie. submissive=submitting without objection or resistance, passive, biddable, docile, obedient...year 2008...location united states...behavior-objectionable...passive-only when i'm sleeping...biddable-you scratch my back and i'll even do yours first...docile-as a panther...obedient-not since i was 16 or so...lol...OP-you mean you just don't like clingy, whinning, mamas' boys?...looking for a "HE" man not a "SHE" man?...i can relate to that
 brat73jen
Msg: 13
submissive women??
Posted: 4/4/2008 9:26:49 AM
Yes! I want a MAN to be a MAN, not a boy!
Now I am looking at this whole can of worms that I have opened, and I think I am sort thinking about it more and more, OMGosh, I wish I wasnt such a deep thinker sometimes. While I like the "old fashioned way of life" too, I also like to give my input sometimes too. On the other hand wouldnt mind "playing" the part of a "do as your told" sometimes.
 greeneyesguy
Msg: 14
submissive women??
Posted: 4/4/2008 9:56:49 AM
Brat,
In reply to "On the other hand wouldnt mind "playing" the part of a "do as your told" sometimes."

This part I totally understand, and do like that some women want that in certain situations. The phrase "Get on your knees" comes to mind, lol!
 brat73jen
Msg: 15
submissive women??
Posted: 4/4/2008 10:02:20 AM
I think you might be a mind reader? LOL
 greeneyesguy
Msg: 16
submissive women??
Posted: 4/4/2008 10:48:22 AM
Maybe not a mind reader, but I like your thinking!
 smartazzjohn
Msg: 17
submissive women??
Posted: 4/4/2008 11:16:14 AM
Geez some of you people are ruthless. I may get slammed here but what is wrong with a woman wanting a man to be the dominant one in a relationship?

A true dominant male doesn’t feel the need to be degrading towards his partner. He will in fact respect her and treat her with dignity. He will want her input in decision making and listen to her opinions. While the final decision is his he is secure enough to try to do things her way. He tries to do what is best and right for the relationship, not for himself. He isn’t self centered, egotistical, egocentric or mean. If he is wrong he will admit it and do what is needed to make things right. I think many people see a dominant man as one who rules with an iron fist that is unreasonable, who barks out commands and expects others to jump when he talks which isn’t the case. He doesn’t have to always be in charge but knows when he needs to take charge.

Being a submissive woman in a relationship doesn’t make her a door mat. It doesn’t mean she respects herself less than she respects her partner. She isn’t a mindless zealot. She knows her part in the relationship is just as important as her partners. She may be a stronger person than the people who see her as being weak. She knows her partner respects her and that is big part of the reason she is with him. There are times when she takes charge, he doesn’t feel threatened because he knows there are things she is better at. I’m not talking about domestic chores or raising children, she may be better at dealing with finances in the relationship.

Many relationships develop never having discussed anything about being submissive or dominant. It is just the nature of the people and why they were drawn to each other. Does it ever go badly? Hell yes!!! There are relationships where both people are dominant that fail as well.

I believe the moment submissive or dominant is mentioned some people think of a BDSM relationship which isn’t the same. I don’t know anything about that though.

"The phrase "Get on your knees" comes to mind, lol!"

Does this mean the floor needs to be washed? It must, what else could it mean!!!
 michkat52000
Msg: 18
submissive women??
Posted: 4/4/2008 2:12:56 PM
lol john...you missed a spot
 lighthouse lady
Msg: 19
submissive women??
Posted: 4/4/2008 2:48:38 PM
I agree with you, John! Certainly two people have to agree.....sometimes meaning that MEN will have the upper hand, and sometimes US.....it depends on who the heck knows what they are talking about! 'Level of expertise' comes to mind.....
Would I tell you GUYS how to lay flooring? NOT! Or how to patch a wall? NOPE! And of course, you don't tell me how clean a house or MOP a floor....I cleaned up that spot, Michkat......LOL.....
Either two people agree, or someone has to 'pass the reins' to the person who knows best......
Now, pour me a glass of wine, and I'll make the spinach dip, salsa special and the shrimp tray......unless you guys still want POPCORN.....
 Robitty
Msg: 20
submissive women??
Posted: 4/5/2008 10:10:39 AM
Robin tosses the popcorn back to Ripley, says here please hold my beer, I'm going in for the good stuff! .... THEN says "well Lighthouse lady, what kind of wine shall I pour you?"

Hmmm I hope greeneyes and brat have thought about carpet so her knees don't get too sore, you know, there is a different position to prevent rug burn. Should we leave these two alone???

Hmmm John, I need to think on what you said, I certainly would never bash you, remember ? you are loved I do however require more beer to think about this..anyone up for a beer run? LOL!
Robin
 lighthouse lady
Msg: 21
submissive women??
Posted: 4/5/2008 12:22:51 PM
Anything white, Robitty. And I DON't consider 'White Zinfandel' as white. It's pink.
Have tried to educate bartenders on that FOREVER.

Have you guys ever tried kneepads?
 brat73jen
Msg: 22
submissive women??
Posted: 4/5/2008 12:51:01 PM
Maybe I would have to borrow some knee pads if I got the opportunity to meet up with greeneyes ;) In the meantime, I'll take some of that popcorn! Maybe a long Island Iced Tea too.
 Robitty
Msg: 23
submissive women??
Posted: 4/5/2008 1:51:06 PM
No Jen...don't be a brat (what wit I have...not, LOL) Didn't you see me throw that popcorn back at Rip? We're having spinach dip, salsa stuff and chips and some shrimp...Lighthouselady said all we had to do was keep passing her white wine! BTW brat...I have a awesome pair of kneepads too for when you meet greeneyes, they were my ex's. He was..oopps is a plumber/pipefitter and had a great pair I confiscated for my gardening during the divorce, thick thick cushion...you could be down there for say.....ohhhhh, however long your lips lasted or....LOLOL, you know!
Robin
 brat73jen
Msg: 24
submissive women??
Posted: 4/5/2008 3:12:54 PM
oh, oh, oh, sorry....All this talk about what I havent had in about a year makes me a lil flighty whenever I think about it. LOL
You guys are too much, I hope I dont become a forum addict!
 greeneyesguy
Msg: 25
submissive women??
Posted: 4/5/2008 3:45:27 PM
You ladies are certainly making this forum worth visiting...frequently! Brat, see if Robitty will bring her knee pads over....
Show ALL Forums  > Michigan  > submissive women??